Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 285664 times)

BookerT

Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »
Bryce Brown almost pulled off a miracle for me last night, but not quite. I will miss the playoffs for the first time ever. Poor showing the 'Bars this season.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2012, 05:10:15 pm »
this season has been beyond frustrating for me.  i realize that FF has its ups and downs, but seems like my year has been mostly downs.

booker: it is still mathematically possible for you to make the playoffs.  if Godieinhell2 looses the next 2 games and you win both, and you rack up the points while he doesn't, you'd be in.  scumbag steve and We Are Both Carls would need to do their parts by lying down... but it's still possible.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:13 pm »
no way Booker is getting in, I'm not going to lose my next two games
 ;D

BookerT

« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »
It's all over for me.

This week's matchup vs. Sweetcell will have to be my Super Bowl

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »
On my bench I have Julian Edelman, Michael Turner, Jazquizz Rogers, Heath Miller, Greg Jennings, and the Ravens defense.... debating dropping one of them and picking up Colin Kapernick.... It all depends on who they decide to start.... I'm just worried about Peyton's health after last week's concussion scare... All other available QBs are shit.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:03 pm »
Peyton is having a great year, stick with him
 ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »
The only time he hit the bench was on bye week, I just don't have a back up QB, I dropped Christian Ponder because the one fucking week I started him he got me a whopping 2 points so I dropped him out of anger. But now I have trade bait on my bench. Maybe I should try and trade for someone elses QB headed into the playoffs.....

PS I'm #2! Whoop!
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2012, 01:41:11 pm »
It's all over for me.

This week's matchup vs. Sweetcell will have to be my Super Bowl

eh, should be an easy win for you... so we'll split the season.  at this point i'll take it.

On my bench I have Julian Edelman, Michael Turner, Jazquizz Rogers, Heath Miller, Greg Jennings, and the Ravens defense.... debating dropping one of them and picking up Colin Kapernick.... It all depends on who they decide to start.... I'm just worried about Peyton's health after last week's concussion scare... All other available QBs are shit.

i'd drop edelman, his value is going to fluctuate a lot.  nice bench ya got there.  jacquizz is coming on nicely, hold on to him.  problem with kaepernick is that he could be replaced with smith at any point.

p.s. learn to spell their names, or to look 'em up.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »
If they wanted me to spell their names correctly they'd have normal god damn names. I picked up Caeperniick and dropped Jacquizz. My other RBs are Stevan Ridley and Alfred Morris, I don't see myself starting Jacquizz over any of them 2 if I have to. Michael Turner should destroy the Saints defense this week along with Julio Jones who made me feel like a proud mother last week.

Also debating between Greg Jennings and Randall Cobb. I'm thinking of just leaving Randall Cobb in my line-up and seeing how Jennings does in his first start back...
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2012, 09:38:46 pm »
Why the hell aren't you playing in our league?
 ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »
I don't like spreading myself thin on fantasy leagues, I wanna give 100% in mine! I'd feel like I was cheating you guys if I joined. I want to destroy everyone equally, all the time. :)
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #641 on: November 30, 2012, 12:37:01 am »
well i picked the right night to start brees and sit ATL DEF.

eh, should be an easy win for you.

as i was saying...
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #642 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:32 am »
^^^ lol

Michael Turner was projected at 4 points, got me 13, and Julio Jones was projected at 14 or 15 and got me a whopping 4. And thank god I left Jacquizz Rodgers on the bench because HE was projected at 16 and got 3 lol fantasy experts my ass.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #643 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:13 am »
bashing a fantasy projection is a lot like bashing the farmer's almanac for predicting the wrong forecast.

stevewizzle

« Reply #644 on: November 30, 2012, 11:52:12 am »
well i picked the right night to start brees and sit ATL DEF.

eh, should be an easy win for you.

as i was saying...

ATL defense got 11 points, unless you got da bears or SF that's pretty damn good.

edit: i should delete this response, but instead i'm leaving this as punishment for saying stupid things.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:53:46 am by stevewizzle »