Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 288350 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #870 on: October 06, 2015, 11:04:15 am »
the lions were thwarted by that one Cam Chancellor play at the goal line.  if megatron could have held on to the ball for another 6 inches, that probably would have been the game for detroit.  but it was an amazing play, it's not like he bungled the ball.
Oh, absolutely. The Lions deserved to lose. But even when the Lions deserve to lose and actually do lose, they always find some really knife-twisty way to do it. Get run off the field, 35-0, no problem. Be six inches from winning and lose on a (admittedly from everyone: defensive player, ref, head of officiating) blown call, total crawl space time.

It really feels unique being a Lions fan. Maybe being a Cubs fan is the closest thing out there, but that feels distinct in a different way. It's weird, lets just leave it at that.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #871 on: October 06, 2015, 11:47:25 am »
blown call

when i saw that play last night, i thought to myself that was an illegal move by seattle, but when no flag was thrown on such an obvious play i assumed that this was subject to some other rule that i wasn't aware of.

then twitter blew up.

you actually can see him reach for the flag and then think "wait a minute, this is the Lions"

poor, poor lions.
<sig>

Kubacheck

« Reply #872 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:30 am »
I felt like that was a total "Redskin-esque" way to lose.... meanwhile, my FFL team in our league is absolutely shitting the bed..... my entire team of offensive starters except the QB (2 RB, 3WR, 2 TE (one in the flex)) combined for 188 receiving yards TOTAL, no (receiving) TD's, and 3 lost fumbles last weekend....  taking Jeremy Hill out of the equation, my KICKER outscored the rest of the offensive starters combined!! blah....

Kubacheck

« Reply #873 on: October 06, 2015, 11:54:52 am »
blown call

when i saw that play last night, i thought to myself that was an illegal move by seattle, but when no flag was thrown on such an obvious play i assumed that this was subject to some other rule that i wasn't aware of........

funny, when he batted the ball, my first thought was that it was a smart thing to do, since if the offensive team fumbles out of the end zone, it goes to the defensive team (for some reason)..... being a Redskins fan, you can't help but know THAT rule since its happened twice to us in the last couple of years.... I had no idea you can't bat the ball in any direction in the end zone until I started seeing the online blow-up....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #874 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »
the lions were thwarted by that one Cam Chancellor play at the goal line.  if megatron could have held on to the ball for another 6 inches, that probably would have been the game for detroit.  but it was an amazing play, it's not like he bungled the ball.
Oh, absolutely. The Lions deserved to lose. But even when the Lions deserve to lose and actually do lose, they always find some really knife-twisty way to do it. Get run off the field, 35-0, no problem. Be six inches from winning and lose on a (admittedly from everyone: defensive player, ref, head of officiating) blown call, total crawl space time.

It really feels unique being a Lions fan. Maybe being a Cubs fan is the closest thing out there, but that feels distinct in a different way. It's weird, lets just leave it at that.
Yeha, but, the Cubs are in the playoffs this year so...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #875 on: October 06, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

Yeha, but, the Cubs are in the playoffs this year so...
Lions were in playoffs last year and got a massive gut punch against the Cowboys. When one of those teams actually makes a World Series/Super Bowl, call me.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #876 on: October 20, 2015, 10:55:35 am »
so going into last night's game, i had a 16 point lead and still my kicker (Brown, NYG) to go.  certainly brown would give me 5+ points, right?  wml7 had delmarco murray - no way he was putting up 21+ points.  yahoo said i had an 85% chance of winning.   at halftime, brown only gave me 1 point but my chances were up to 94% 'cause murray had racked up a whooping 2.4 points.  clearly it wasn't his night.  victory was mine.  i stopped paying attention, went to bed.

this morning:
New Jersey Barebacks: 112.24
Godieinhell2: 112.60

"Murray entered the game with 134 yards on the ground across the first five weeks and nearly matched it with a 97-yard second half to get him his first 100-yard game of 2015."

eff this sh*t.  my season is over but i'm ok with it: my winning in the big survivor pool will cushion my fall to the bottom of the fantasy rankings ;D

funny how the only 2 guys left in the survivor pool are both at the bottom of the fantasy standing.
<sig>

« Reply #877 on: October 20, 2015, 11:04:04 am »
Was Godieinhell taken already?
LVMH

wml7

« Reply #878 on: October 20, 2015, 11:11:18 am »
so going into last night's game, i had a 16 point lead and still my kicker (Brown, NYG) to go.  certainly brown would give me 5+ points, right?  wml7 had delmarco murray - no way he was putting up 21+ points.  yahoo said i had an 85% chance of winning.   at halftime, brown only gave me 1 point but my chances were up to 94% 'cause murray had racked up a whooping 2.4 points.  clearly it wasn't his night.  victory was mine.  i stopped paying attention, went to bed.

this morning:
New Jersey Barebacks: 112.24

"Murray entered the game with 134 yards on the ground across the first five weeks and nearly matched it with a 97-yard second half to get him his first 100-yard game of 2015."

eff this sh*t.  my season is over but i'm ok with it: my winning in the big survivor pool will cushion my fall to the bottom of the fantasy rankings ;D

funny how the only 2 guys left in the survivor pool are both at the bottom of the fantasy standing.

Ha, I thought for sure I was going to lose this matchup.  Last two weekends were brutal with me missing people on bye and missing that, or starting people who didn't do squat.  Yay!
 ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #879 on: October 20, 2015, 11:48:51 am »
I'm up to 4th place!!! Looking at going over .500 finally. People need to quit scoring so many damn points against me! 4 starters on bye this week. Oh goodness.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #880 on: December 22, 2015, 03:37:02 am »
congrats to Flying Elbows who will take on Pigskin&Pigtails6949 for the league championship next week!

(unrelated) so going into monday night's game, i had like a 2+ point lead over Kaos and 2 players to go (hightower and prater), vs. Kaos' single (Brandin Cooks). normally losing tonight would have resulted in a lot of angst.  instead, i've come to expect it of my team this year.  textbook snapping defeat from the jaws of victory.   i lost a game by 0.12 this season.  i missed moving out of last place by less than 2 points out of 1400+.  etc..

this simply wasn't my year and the FF gods were happy to remind me of this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:08:46 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #881 on: December 22, 2015, 11:47:35 am »
Whoop whoop! This is the rubber match! We're both 1-1 against each other. I'm scared. I need a new QB D:
‼‼?‼‼

crevers

« Reply #882 on: December 29, 2015, 11:13:46 am »
Congrats to P&P for winning the title!

I will forever curse Danny Woodhead for knocking me out in the semifinals.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #883 on: December 29, 2015, 12:01:45 pm »
Danny Woodhead. The ultimate risk/reward dude.

Pretty pissed off GB shit the bed this week. Frickin 0 points from my kicker, less than a point from my flex [Ted Gin! Come on!] and Denver's defense only gets me 5. Stoked for 2nd place! What's my prize!?
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #884 on: December 29, 2015, 12:03:21 pm »
Ted Gin!
The Tim Tonic to Ted Gin combination is an offensive juggernaut.
LVMH