Author Topic: chokeychicken profits off sick child  (Read 12893 times)

ggw

chokeychicken profits off sick child
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:36:00 pm »
Ebay  link.

<small>[ 03-05-2007, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: econo ]</small>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: chokeychicken profits off sick child
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »
eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ick.

luckily he's donating all proceeds to the Callum Robbins fund, right?
<sig>

distance

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »
wtf?
 fucking scalpers.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 09:14:00 pm »
Deplorable. He had eight thievery tickets up soon after that sold out too.
احمد

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 09:36:00 pm »
What's the big deal? He's profiting off whoever is stupid enough to buy a scalped ticket, not off the sick child.

Bottom line: Don't buy scalped tickets, and you'll put scalpers out of business.

chokeychicken

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »
yeah, excellent.  expose me for an asshole without knowing the facts.  just like all the tickets I sold for the other part of the fundraiser, the Thievery show, ALL the money is going to the cause.  100% of it.  IF I can't donate it when I arrive at the show, I'll donate it through paypal.  

lay off; everybody isn't a fucking prick.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 10:58:00 pm »
What about the Taylor Hicks tickets you sold for the Florida show?  :)
(_|_)

distance

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  yeah, excellent.  expose me for an asshole without knowing the facts.  just like all the tickets I sold for the other part of the fundraiser, the Thievery show, ALL the money is going to the cause.  100% of it.  IF I can't donate it when I arrive at the show, I'll donate it through paypal.  

donating the profits from every show to charity?

i bought one of these:
  Ebay link.

for $10 at the cat's cradle box office -- no service charges.  for myself.  i could have bought more and sold them at a profit, but i am not like that.  hell, i didn't even _have_ to buy a ticket to get into that show, but i felt it the right thing to do.

<small>[ 03-05-2007, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: econo ]</small>

ggw

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 12:24:00 am »

Okay.  I'll buy a pair from you (judging by the "BUY AS MANY AS YOU NEED!" tag, you have more than one pair) and when we meet at will call I will give you a check payable to James Robbins for the amount of the sale.

Deal?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
scandalous scalping sewer-scum!
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 11:35:00 am »

If this is indeed the case why isn't prominently displayed in the ticket listing... Where or not your intentions are honorable, its low to buy tickets to a benefit show with a much beloved band doing a one off reunion and then promptly list them on ebay.   And quite frankly I'm not sure the forum wants your type in these parts.
T.Rex

andyrichter

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »
Why act so surprised chokey that we're skeptical?   Take a look at it from our shoes.  If you saw a bid posted by a scalper on ebay a day after tickets sold out in 30 seconds, with no mention of the proceeds for the benefit going to a sick child, what would you think?  And if you did indeed have the best of intentions, couldn't you actually raise MORE if you prominently displayed that all the money would go to the Robbins family?  Because that is how most charity auctions like the ones you were conducting work, no?   :)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
Yeah, if he was going to donate it all to the cause, he certainly would've posted that on his listing.

Scalpers are the scum of the earth... but let's be honest here, people who buy from scalpers are also the scum of the earth.
_\|/_

chokeychicken

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »
I'm not going to justify what I'm doing to anybody on this message board; it's not prominetely displayed in the listing because unless you are donating to a charity that Ebay is partnered with (they automatically donate the money before you get paid), then it is against ebay's policy to advertise that the money is being donated.  If you do not believe me on this, feel free to contact ebay.  Since the Robbins fund is obvioulsy not a charity that Ebay is partnered with, I am not allowed to advertise this fact.  

Kosmo, please don't tell me what I am and am not doing.  I have sold 6 tickets for the Thievery show and have 2 more to sell, and have raised almost 1,000 dollars.  I guarantee that's more money than anybody on this board raised by buying a ticket at face value.  As I stated before, if I cannot donate the money directly at the show, I will donate it via paypal.  

I should not have to get defensive about this issue on this board.  I realize what I do is looked down upon on this board and it is why I do not discuss it.  But I pay taxes (probably a lot more than you do) just like any other american citizen on the money I Make, and I never benefit from charity shows.  So please, lay off the ethical peptalks.

chokeychicken

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
FROM http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fundraising.html

Charitable fundraising is a highly regulated area subject to numerous state and federal laws. eBay allows sellers to list items and collect proceeds (in whole or in part) on behalf of charity either with eBay Giving Works (the dedicated program for charity listings on eBay) or without eBay Giving Works (as long as the listings meet our specific guidelines for charitable solicitations).

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

** Listing cancellation
 ** Limits on account privileges
 ** Account suspension
 ** Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
 ** Loss of PowerSeller status