Author Topic: Club Parking  (Read 2005 times)

Here's the thing

Club Parking
« on: July 09, 2023, 01:46:35 pm »
Hey There,
It looks like parking in the Club lot is sold out or unavailable for July 16. Online, I see a lot just across the street that claims to be open until 3 a.m.
Anyone have any experience using this lot? I have been going to shows at 9:30 for years, but don’t recall ever seeing it before.
Thanks for any guidance!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Here's the thing

Re: Club Parking
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 04:49:54 pm »
Wild. I have been looking for weeks, and tried again after your first response. Thanks a bunch!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 05:51:25 pm »
BTW, the parking is like 4 blocks away, I think there is closer and cheaper parking availble
slack

Hutch

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 07:35:57 pm »
FOUR blocks!!! The horror

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 09:02:28 pm »
Well, it's more that when you pay $20+ for parking at a venue, you kind of expect it to be AT the venue
not 5 or so football fields away

I mean, I could see Julian hailing a Uber Black for that
slack

Hutch

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 09:34:42 pm »
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:58:02 am by Hutch »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 08:56:35 am »
Well, it's more that when you pay $20+ for parking at a venue, you kind of expect it to be AT the venue
not 5 or so football fields away

I mean, I could see Julian hailing a Uber Black for that
Look, don't drag me into this. I've been telling Seth to install a helipad on the top of the venue for years.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 10:35:05 am »
I mean, I think I've paid to park in the official lot maybe twice in 20 years. There's always street parking within a block or two.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 11:46:56 am »
I mean, I think I've paid to park in the official lot maybe twice in 20 years. There's always street parking within a block or two.

The old official lot was next door

but not so much anymore, especially on the weekends, that area is a mad house now.

I mean I never pay and always find a spot, but end up walking 1/2 mile or more (there is that elementary school north of Logan circle...that area still has spots to find)

I still miss the Howard u parking lot that was at the end of the dead end (which is no longer a dead end) on that block Atlantis is on
I probably parked there 100 times.
slack

Yada

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 11:59:52 am »

The old official lot was next door

but not so much anymore, especially on the weekends, that area is a mad house now.

I mean I never pay and always find a spot, but end up walking 1/2 mile or more (there is that elementary school north of Logan circle...that area still has spots to find)

I still miss the Howard u parking lot that was at the end of the dead end (which is no longer a dead end) on that block Atlantis is on
I probably parked there 100 times.

old lot was next door... the new lot is legit two/three?? blocks north of it, a one minute extra walk. The trick is to always park right in front of that lot... free parking after 6pm and close enough to an official lot that you probably won't get your window smashed out.

There are also two spot hero lots a block away from the club, but yes, you have to pay.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2023, 12:55:34 pm »
The trick is to always park right in front of that lot... free parking after 6pm and close enough to an official lot that you probably won't get your window smashed out.
This is good advice, I saw that the whole road by the parking lot had tons of open spots that were legit free parking
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2023, 04:29:20 pm »
I've been telling Seth to install a helipad on the top of the venue for years.

thus providing a cover story for the hooligans trying to break into the club through the roof... jules is the mastermind of the whole operation!!!
<sig>