Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 302505 times)

vansmack

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »
does richards really have that potential?

i picked him up last week in my keeper league.

Yes.  When they asked all the Angels pitchers who had the nastiest stuff, it was unanimous: Garrett Richards.

He's had command issues, but part of that was the Angels doing.  They kept moving him around from starter to the pen, but finally decided last August that it was time to keep him in the rotation for good.

He had a great spring, has given up one extra base hit all season and that led to one bad inning against Oakland.  I've been very impressed at what he's done since they've decided to keep him in the rotation.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2014, 01:39:19 pm »
not sure how i feel about the harper benching

"Andrew McCutchen was benched once for a similar transgression. He went to Clint Hurdle and acknowledged that he blew it, took his punishment and moved on and speaks openly to this day about how he made a mistake."
27>34

hutch

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »
not sure how i feel about the harper benching

"Andrew McCutchen was benched once for a similar transgression. He went to Clint Hurdle and acknowledged that he blew it, took his punishment and moved on and speaks openly to this day about how he made a mistake."

do you see Bryce doing that?

vansmack

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2014, 04:49:26 pm »
do you see Bryce doing that?

He had his chance, and didn't.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2014, 05:56:36 pm »
Exactly.

Bryce Harper seems like such an a-hole..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bryce-harper-accused-of-begging-out-of-a-game-to-avoid-jose-fernandez-to-preserve-a-hitting-streak/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

of course everyone loves him.... makes you think..

such different standards...

stevewizzle

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »
does richards really have that potential?

i picked him up last week in my keeper league.

Yes.  When they asked all the Angels pitchers who had the nastiest stuff, it was unanimous: Garrett Richards.

He's had command issues, but part of that was the Angels doing.  They kept moving him around from starter to the pen, but finally decided last August that it was time to keep him in the rotation for good.

He had a great spring, has given up one extra base hit all season and that led to one bad inning against Oakland.  I've been very impressed at what he's done since they've decided to keep him in the rotation.

walks aside, another impressive outting...

stevewizzle

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
Exactly.

Bryce Harper seems like such an a-hole..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bryce-harper-accused-of-begging-out-of-a-game-to-avoid-jose-fernandez-to-preserve-a-hitting-streak/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

of course everyone loves him.... makes you think..

such different standards...

bos continuing to be the best sports reporter at the wapo, by a long shot.

vansmack

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2014, 11:50:40 pm »

Yep.  Only one hard hit ball against him, and he was thrown out stretching it to two.  But boy when he lost his release point in the 4th it was ugly.  Really ugly.  He can thank Pujols for getting him out of it with only one run given up.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:35 am »
By the time I wake, someone needs to answer why there were three lefties in the pen and Clippard faced Ibanez.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:52 am »
By the time I wake, someone needs to answer why there were three lefties in the pen and Clippard faced Ibanez.
I read somewhere, might have been from post game conference, that Clip was their "8th inning guy". smh.

Supposed to be headed out to the park tonight, heard it's supposed to be raining though.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:00 am »

Yep.  Only one hard hit ball against him, and he was thrown out stretching it to two.  But boy when he lost his release point in the 4th it was ugly.  Really ugly.  He can thank Pujols for getting him out of it with only one run given up.

is it too early to claim pujols is back?  sure seems like it. did he have a legit stolen base last night, or was that a free pass?

sadly i haven't been able to watch any baseball so i rely on what i read... the west coast time and lack of TV is killing me. 

hutch

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:18 pm »
i'm cancelling cable after the world cup

i just got a bill from verizon fios for $212!!!!!!!!!!!! my "valued customer" shit ran out and now i being jacked.. i called direct tv and they flat out lied to me about the cost....i can't do comcast cause everyone hates them so see no options

all we need is a phone and internet.

vansmack

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2014, 02:34:43 pm »

is it too early to claim pujols is back?  sure seems like it. did he have a legit stolen base last night, or was that a free pass?

sadly i haven't been able to watch any baseball so i rely on what i read... the west coast time and lack of TV is killing me. 

Yes, it's too early, but he's looking damn good.  And so was Hamilton before he dove into first base.  The stolen base was a smart play - after three straight pitches without being checked by the pitcher, Pujols got a great jump and legitimately stole it, beating the throw. I call that a veteran stolen base.

I listen to a lot of baseball on the "radio" since I moved back to the west coast, and really have enjoyed it.  In the car, on public transportation, sitting in the park - reminds me of being a kid before every game was on TV.  My MLB.TV subscription is equal parts streaking video and streaming radio.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »
Sorry to further hijack the thread, but let me ask...

My wife is always saying we could be getting cable on top of phone and internet for less than we pay for phone and internet. I'm guessing you have to agree to a certain amount of time (and no less) and at some point (during or thereafter?) your rates go sky high, right?

i'm cancelling cable after the world cup

i just got a bill from verizon fios for $212!!!!!!!!!!!! my "valued customer" shit ran out and now i being jacked.. i called direct tv and they flat out lied to me about the cost....i can't do comcast cause everyone hates them so see no options

all we need is a phone and internet.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »
Sorry to further hijack the thread, but let me ask...

My wife is always saying we could be getting cable on top of phone and internet for less than we pay for phone and internet. I'm guessing you have to agree to a certain amount of time (and no less) and at some point (during or thereafter?) your rates go sky high, right?
Call your provider up and tell them you'd like to cancel because your bill got so high. In my experience, your price will go right back to what it was. TV/Internet/Phone prices are entirely negotiable.
LVMH