Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 302386 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »
It's all about the beards.

Ha ha, the Marlins. It was cute. Looks like another year of punishment for them. Sweeping the lowly Mets and Fish? Losing 2 of 3 to the Barves? Hopefully not a preview of what I feared, pummeling crap teams, losing to good teams.

Just a couple series in and 2 sweeps is great regardless of teams.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »
Heard Zim broke his thumb.  Out 4-6 weeks.  Bummer.

But he does have time to think about his throws.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 11:48:09 pm »
Heard Zim broke his thumb.  Out 4-6 weeks.  Bummer.

But he does have time to think about his throws.

not looking good for zim these days..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 09:52:19 am »
Not really mad at Rendon getting [probably] every day at 3rd. I am looking forward to Nats letting their frustrations out on the Marlins over this series. Big one heading into the series against the Cards and Angels. We looked down right comedic out there yesterday against the Barves. I had to turn it off.... to watch the Caps get shut out in their finale. smh.

At least we have the Wizards?
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
Big one heading into the series against the Cards and Angels.

I appreciate you putting Anaheim in the same conversation as the Cards, but the Angels are barely a .500 team and we really won't know much about the true grit of this team until after this three game set against Oakland.

You all should buy tickets to the Anaheim series however, just to see Mike Trout play.  Some O's fans ignored me last year and all he did was make that catch in front of the Southwest Airlines sign that I'm sure you've all seen.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »
I meant more so because the Marlins are terrible and it's big heading into non NL East series'. I hate every team in our division. So much.
‼‼?‼‼

emmanuel

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »
GIVE US BACK the EXPOS.

I am still sad  :'(

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:40 pm »
GIVE US BACK the EXPOS.

I am still sad  :'(

I think you should take the A's or the Rays.  I'd prefer it be the Rays, mind you, but the A's deserve better than what they've been getting too.
27>34

Hexenjagd

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »
We looked down right comedic out there yesterday against the Barves.
Oh cool, I didn't realize you were a professional baseball player! I learn something new everyday!

(joke by the way, if you could not tell.  I just find it funny when fans speak like they are part of the team)

But a related question, do you sports fans also refer to bands in a similar manner?  As in, "I went to see the Arcade Fire last night and we really rocked the house!"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:58:59 pm by Hexenjagd »

James Ford

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:48 pm »
If it makes you feel better, this is a pet peeve of mine as well. It's funny that people who probably make regular dough sometimes act as if they are part of a sports team whose members make millions of dollars for playing a childs game.

Oh cool, I didn't realize you were a professional baseball player! I learn something new everyday!

(joke by the way, if you could not tell.  I just find it funny when fans speak like they are part of the team)

But a related question, do you sports fans also refer to bands in a similar manner?  As in, "I went to see the Arcade Fire last night and we really rocked the house!"

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »

Yes.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »
This is something of a pet peeve of mine as well, although I do catch myself doing it from time to time. Side question: does it feel more acceptable to you guys if someone does it about a college team and they're an alumni of that college? I love my Red Wings and my Wolverines, but it feels less cringe worthy if I referred to a Michigan team as we as opposed to the Red Wings or The Tigers. Thoughts?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2014, 04:14:40 pm »
I graduated from college 24 years ago, I stopped referring to anything pertaining to the college as "we" when I graduated.

This is something of a pet peeve of mine as well, although I do catch myself doing it from time to time. Side question: does it feel more acceptable to you guys if someone does it about a college team and they're an alumni of that college? I love my Red Wings and my Wolverines, but it feels less cringe worthy if I referred to a Michigan team as we as opposed to the Red Wings or The Tigers. Thoughts?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »
I graduated from college 24 years ago, I stopped referring to anything pertaining to the college as "we" when I graduated.

Cool
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2014, 04:50:34 pm »
Does SUNY-Fredonia even have sports teams?