Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306633 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2014, 09:31:16 am »
Real shame to see Stras have such a strong outing for him to get no run support. Loading the bases twice and can't move a SINGLE guy in? Wasted 2 strong starts from Zim and Stras. Man, I hate the Marlins.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »
this is the best team in baseball right now, no question.

the only concern i have is: can they keep this up through october?  you got to get hot going into september and october, and this team might be peaking too early.

stevewizzle

« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »
^ this post was one inning too early.

vansmack

« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »
Go Braves.  At least for tonight.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »
great game, great series. seeing the nats able to rally again and again almost makes up for williams' by the book managing blowing up once again. sorianos had a great year but you can see his meltdowns coming from a mile away and he should have been taken out long before he was. just imagining soriano on the mound come october makes me nervous

not to get ahead of things ive been thinking about a potential playoff rotation a bit lately. gio and strasburg have been the most inconsistent starters by far (although strasburg can still dominatee on any given night), but would williams have the balls to send either of the rotations biggest names to the bullpen for a playoff series? based on games like tonight, no way. itll be a shame to see roark relegated to long relief after such a great season
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:23:00 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

stevewizzle

« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2014, 10:18:20 pm »
great game, great series. seeing the nats able to rally again and again almost makes up for williams' by the book managing blowing up once again. sorianos had a great year but you can see his meltdowns coming from a mile away and he should have been taken out long before he was. just imagining soriano on the mound come october makes me nervous

not to get ahead of things ive been thinking about a potential playoff rotation a bit lately. gio and strasburg have been the most inconsistent starters by far (although strasburg can still dominatee on any given night), but would williams have the balls to send either of the rotations biggest names to the bullpen for a playoff series? based on games like tonight, no way. itll be a shame to see roark relegated to long relief after such a great season

my guess is strasburg, fister, and zimmerman are locks, and unless gio has a solid stretch from now through the end of the season, roark will get the nod when they need a 4th starter.  but that's not necessarily a good thing. although roark gives the team the best chance to win right now, teams will know him better after seeing a full season of him. his best stuff isn't as good as gio's best stuff, so the best situation is we see gio turn it on and solidfy himself as the 4th starter.  that, and he's a lefty.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2014, 06:53:45 am »
theyvee already seen a full season of roark if you include last year (albeit as a reliever)

i keep wanting to call the guy a fluke but hes giving strong outings every start. gio is the better pitcher when hes on, but his inconsistency and frequent sudden meltdowns would make me nervous in a playoff game

id much rather have all rightys im comfortable with than a token lefty just cuz conventional wisdom says you need one

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:56 am »
Saturday and Sundays games were just so much fun. There's been a lot of times this season where the Nats fall behind and can never seem to catch up. Seeing them do this back to back nights is super fun.

Soriano seems to always want to stress him and the rest of the team and fan base out WHENEVER he's on the mound. Ian Desmond tweeted that he was upset that the fans would boo him after all he's done this year. I just think Soriano gets too close to teetering over the edge TOO much. Eventually this kind of implostion was going to happen.

How about that bench though?
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2014, 10:26:31 pm »
Saturday and Sundays games were just so much fun. There's been a lot of times this season where the Nats fall behind and can never seem to catch up. Seeing them do this back to back to back nights is super fun.

updated

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2014, 11:13:04 am »
Was excited to see Clipp come out in the 9th. Immediately put my face in my hands after that bomb he gave up. Craig Stammen got the blood pressure up as well. INSANE how he got out of that bases loaded jam.

Curious to see which Strasburg we get tonight. He is at home... 7-1 over his last 12 home starts.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2014, 11:27:42 pm »
en fuego

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:41 am »
This is the streak I've been waiting for since the beginning of last season. Very awesome to see Strasburg go for his longest outing of the season. It seems like everyone is having fun out there too.

Anyone else really enjoying Doug Fister and the Rally Gnome?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2014, 10:17:14 am »
Took my daughter to the game yesterday. Some observations:

1. Pitchers duels are boring.

2. A game with no extra base hits is boring.

3. Walk off wins are the most exciting thing in baseball, even when it's on a throwing error.

4. Don't forget to bring electronic devices, sketch pads, and books (all of which I forgot I forgot) to keep your couldn't give a shit about sports kid occupied during the game *especially if your wife doesn't come to the game with you*. Bringing a wide variety of snacks definitely helps, as well as getting a free bobblehead (We spent several innings playing "Ask Ian" where I had to ask the Ian Desmond bobblehead a yes/no question, and he would respond by bobbing yes or no. No matter how much I tried to get the Ian Desmond bobblehead to diss Bryce Harper, he wouldn't.)

5. Why would they give a guy who plays nearly every game of the season the day off on his bobblehead day? That just doesn't seem right.

6. Bryce Harper is still a douche. I laughed hard at his fielding error on an easy ground single.

7. It is possible to bring your own beer to Nats Park.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:46:16 am by James Ford »

hutch

« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2014, 12:43:43 pm »

7. It is possible to bring your own beer to Nats Park.

intervention...now...seriously... ;)