Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306362 times)

James Ford

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »
Without my wife there, I had to share my beer with my daughter. It was a gose, so I told her it was lemonade. She asked for more but I told her the family limit is six ounces.

7. It is possible to bring your own beer to Nats Park.

intervention...now...seriously... ;)

Yada

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »
Deets on the smuggling efforts?

Furthermore, how warm was that can by the time you got through it?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
I heard or read somewhere that you can come into the ballpark with a small cooler. Big enough to fit some juice boxes/bags of chips/sandwiches... but they wouldn't be searched. If they were the right size... I think it might be somewhere in the FAQ of the site...

baseball edit: also how bout dem Nats!
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »
when i go to the ballpark i find them very aggresive in their searching...

i'd just be so embarassed if they caught on... i suppose you could put a beer over your dick and nobody would pat you down there...not sure i'd want to have it after that though... ;D

but congrats james for gaming the system!!!

i am going to sunday's game by the way.... .. i am really really really hoping they don't end their streak sunday..that would really bug me!

James Ford

« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
My plan, if they caught me, was to say that my wife packed my bag,  I had no idea that it was in there, and that she probably didn't know the rules. And then ask if I could drink both of them at the gate. I got an Odwalla bottle in as well for my daughter, which technically doesn't count as a "juice box"....she probably would have been more upset losing that than I would have the beer!

After driving then Metro-ing in, the beer temp was less than ideal for a gose, but it was still pretty tasty.

when i go to the ballpark i find them very aggresive in their searching...

i'd just be so embarassed if they caught on... i suppose you could put a beer over your dick and nobody would pat you down there...not sure i'd want to have it after that though... ;D

but congrats james for gaming the system!!!

i am going to sunday's game by the way.... .. i am really really really hoping they don't end their streak sunday..that would really bug me!

vansmack

« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »
One of the guys I get my Angels tickets from when I'm in Anaheim replaces the water in 2 water bottles in his daughters backpack with vodka, and has her carry them in with her crayons and coloring books, and then he'd buy soda's and juices for her and make mixers for himself all game long.

Not the classiest guy I've ever met, but a good dude nonetheless.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2014, 09:49:05 am »
Quite the baseball game yesterday. I started listening during the bottom of the 1st. Made it home by the 4th. Thought the game might have gotten out of hand early. SUPER awesome come back. Huge innings. Good seeing just about everyone in the line up hitting. Jose Lobaton on base 4 times with 3 hits? That's crazy! He deserves his next day off lol. Hopefully we can extend this 12 of 13 streak as we head to that shit hole Philadelphia.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2014, 12:41:43 am »
i generally think his attitude reputation is overhyped, but there's no defending him here. dumb dumb dumb.

I don't think the Nats have anything to worry about.

hahahaha.

oh man.

there's also the possibility that denard is the real bum in the clubhouse, and harper is the only one immature enough to make it publicly known.  i doubt that's the case, but it's possible.

Me thinks there's a real respect problem here....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2014, 09:37:28 am »
i generally think his attitude reputation is overhyped, but there's no defending him here. dumb dumb dumb.

hahahaha.

oh man.

there's also the possibility that denard is the real bum in the clubhouse, and harper is the only one immature enough to make it publicly known.  i doubt that's the case, but it's possible.

that was ridiculous....

stevewizzle

« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »

hahahaha.

oh man.

that was ridiculous....

i would just like to re-tract my original post pondering whether denard span is the bum.

he's clearly what keeps this team together.  harper needs to get on board.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2014, 01:31:22 pm »
so what happens with the closer spot now

i missed last nights meltdown but i can pretty much picture it based on all his other post-asb meltdowns. seems williams has finally acknowledged that he cant keep sending soriano out there just cuz hes the closer, which is a start, but who do you send out? clippard has only been slightly more reliable than soriano lately. is it time for storen to get another shot? maybe someone more out of left field like detwiler?

its easy (and totally justified) to hate on soriano for his recent performance but the truth is the entire bullpen has been shaky for way too long now. as good as the nats have looked overall lately, thats a big problem and theres no easy fix i can see

hutch

« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2014, 01:33:55 pm »

hahahaha.

oh man.

that was ridiculous....

i would just like to re-tract my original post pondering whether denard span is the bum.

he's clearly what keeps this team together.  harper needs to get on board.

harper is a dick....you could tell by the way denard and bryce handled it that there is no love lost... you did not see even the minimum communication after the collision... WTF is wrong with harper? his stats ain't all that great either.. at this point if you told me you can have harper or you can have rendon i would go with rendon....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »
rendons the real deal for sure. i kept thinking the league would adjust to him and hed struggle to keep hitting but hes made all the adjustments and hes been a joy to watch all year. hes exactly the kind of guy you went towards the top of the order.

probably too early to broach the subject but i hope he stays a nat for a very long time.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2014, 02:58:32 pm »
just read that sorianos option for next year is automatic if he finishes 16 more games this season. i gotta imagine he was already a longshot to do that but even more so if hes taking a few days off and coming back in lower leverage innings as williams has implied. even if he regains his form before the playoffs i definitely hope the nats move on next year. the guy can still be a solid reliever, but hes not a closer

vansmack

« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2014, 04:55:31 pm »
probably too early to broach the subject but i hope he stays a nat for a very long time.

His agent is Scott Boras, so....

Though his situation is interesting because he signed an MLB contract right out of the gate.  He's making $1.8m this year (and his previous years) - it expires this year and they'll likely negotiate a new contract (albeit with Boras) as he's not arb eligible until 2017 and a free agent after 2019.  A lot could happen here, but the Nat's best chance of signing him past 2019 is this year and next.  After that, Boras will definitely steer him towards free agency. 
27>34