Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306597 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 06, 2014, 01:26:35 pm »
people keep making the argument "thats what got us to the post season..."

THE POST SEASON IS DIFFERENT

it was cold, the wind was blowing way in, and the pressure on the hitters is way magnified in the postseason.... all these factors, added to the obvious (he only gave up a questionable walk, was only at 100 pitches, hadn't given up a hit in forever) mean it was stupid for Matt Williams to take Jordan Zimmermann out

People say: well the hitters have to hit....

But its not unusual in the postseason to see these very low scoring games...its not LIKE the regular season.. and you have to coach a bit different.. you have to make adjustments...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #436 on: October 06, 2014, 01:27:59 pm »
Hopefully Williams makes the adjustments... Giants released their line-up with no changes. Is the Nats line-up out yet?
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #437 on: October 06, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »
yes it is. same as games 1 and 2, so no zimmerman

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #438 on: October 06, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »
That's surprising. I guess he's showing confidence in his guys.

We're due! Right?
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #439 on: October 06, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »
That's surprising. I guess he's showing confidence in his guys.

We're due! Right?

it's the right call.  you dance with the one that brought you to the dance. 

i'm buying in that this series goes to 5. 

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #440 on: October 06, 2014, 04:53:26 pm »
i think more than anything it shows that zim's injury was worse than anyone ever admitted. with the offense as miserable as its been i think williams would gladly sacrifice defense to get ryans bat in there, provided his hamstring is up for a full game. apparenty thats still not the case

not that theyre required to fully disclose these things but its kinda a bummer that with all the talk about him over the last month he never fully came back like rumored

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #441 on: October 06, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »
well storen is not inspiring much confidence, but what a win that was. even the outs were mostly well hit balls.

at least they sounded that way. i dont get mlb network anymore so i was listening to the whole game this time.

hutch

« Reply #442 on: October 06, 2014, 08:13:39 pm »
what a catch by bryce harper!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #443 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:16 pm »
just saw it. good game for him all around. that home run was a bomb

its amazing how often you see pitchers make throwing errors like that. obviously against someone as good as bumgarner you take runs where you can get them

just another reminder of how good that fister trade turned out
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:24:38 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

hutch

« Reply #444 on: October 06, 2014, 08:25:20 pm »
I can definitely agree that Fister trade was phenomenal.. First bunch of innings the team looked just as bad hitting wise as they had the last game... how many innings did they go without scoring? Got to be over 20... but that throw really helped out..

who starts Game 4? Gio, right? They won't pitch Strasburg on short rest?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #445 on: October 06, 2014, 08:31:01 pm »
agree on the early hitting, but scoring a few runs, even aided on an error, has to be a huge load off. like i said, at least people were hitting the ball tonight. and tense as it was, storen got the save. lots of takeaways.

gio tomorrow night, presumably with a very short leash (and maybe strasburg ready in the bullpen?). i saw a mention of zimmermann for game 5 if it gets there, but maybe he shows up tomorrow prepared to throw in relief instead? couple ways they could play it. i think zimmermanns more capable of coming in from the pen, but strasburg after a few innings of gio could mess up the giants lineup big time.

nats have hit vogelsong hard recently so who knows.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:33:26 pm by gaaaaaaaaah »

hutch

« Reply #446 on: October 06, 2014, 08:43:00 pm »
hey a win's a win..don't matter how you get it...

stevewizzle

« Reply #447 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:47 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing.... every time I go "Ok Harper, if you take advantage of this situation I'll stand corrected.. prove me wrong!" ... He never does.

in hindsight, what a stupid thing to say.

hutch

« Reply #448 on: October 06, 2014, 09:11:52 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing.... every time I go "Ok Harper, if you take advantage of this situation I'll stand corrected.. prove me wrong!" ... He never does.

in hindsight, what a stupid thing to say.

I don't think so... He still has yet to prove himself.

James Ford

« Reply #449 on: October 06, 2014, 09:16:00 pm »
No sooner than the Nats had won game three, I received an offer to buy NLCS tickets. Now there's organizational confidence.

Under the odd chance they they don't make it, I'd assume the cost of the ticket would be refunded. Would the ticket fees be refunded as well?