Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306398 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2014, 09:20:11 pm »
they refund your ticket price obviously..but not the fees I think....not sure on the fees...my friend has like $2000 pending on how they do!

shemptiness

« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing.... every time I go "Ok Harper, if you take advantage of this situation I'll stand corrected.. prove me wrong!" ... He never does.

in hindsight, what a stupid thing to say.

I don't think so... He still has yet to prove himself.

He'll be 22 in 10 days.  22.  (I can't believe I'm defending him.)

hutch

« Reply #452 on: October 06, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »
When are people going to realize Harper is nothing.... every time I go "Ok Harper, if you take advantage of this situation I'll stand corrected.. prove me wrong!" ... He never does.

If he becomes a better ballplayer I'll be the first to admit it.. even if he remains a prick.

stevewizzle

« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »
No sooner than the Nats had won game three, I received an offer to buy NLCS tickets. Now there's organizational confidence.

Under the odd chance they they don't make it, I'd assume the cost of the ticket would be refunded. Would the ticket fees be refunded as well?

Tickets are refunded. Fees were initially not refunded two years ago, but everyone made a stink about it and I think they are now refunded as well.

stevewizzle

« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »

If he becomes a better ballplayer I'll be the first to admit it.. even if he remains a prick.

I was such a prick when I was 22. I just don't get why everyone pours it on this kid.

Hell of a game by him today. Rendon holds this team together, but Bryce is the face. That's got to be weird as a 22 year old kid.

hutch

« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »

I was such a prick when I was 22.

Really?

I was such a nice guy....

Rendon is the man.....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2014, 10:17:34 am »

Only 1 more player has hit more homers in a playoff series than him at that age. I say he's on course. Who else has 2 homers on the Giants in this series?

I got a notification that Strasburg was ready to go in yeserday's game if they needed him, so I imagine it would be the same situation tonight. Seeing Zim for game 5 and hopefully that would mean Stras in game 1 of the NLCS. 1 game at a time for now though.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2014, 10:19:12 am »
No sooner than the Nats had won game three, I received an offer to buy NLCS tickets. Now there's organizational confidence.

Under the odd chance they they don't make it, I'd assume the cost of the ticket would be refunded. Would the ticket fees be refunded as well?
My friend showed me his game 5 tickets when we went to game 2 on Saturday. They went on sale with the first 2 games didn't they?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:18 am »
Certainly possible. You follow more closely than me. I was just posting based on a presale email I got.

My friend showed me his game 5 tickets when we went to game 2 on Saturday. They went on sale with the first 2 games didn't they?

vansmack

« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:42 pm »
I could see Harper's towering shot from my couch hit the drink about 5 seconds before I saw it on TV.   
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2014, 01:05:22 am »
sad day for baseball.

shemptiness

« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2014, 07:22:17 am »

shemptiness

« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2014, 07:24:10 am »
I could see Harper's towering shot from my couch hit the drink about 5 seconds before I saw it on TV.   

I don't get the people that float around out there hoping for a splashdown.

James Ford

« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2014, 08:55:51 am »
I blame Steve Wizzle for the loss. For  saying this thing was going five. For that, I'd like to recommend and insist that he drink this beer called Old Style every time he wants a beer on his next trip to Chicago.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #464 on: October 08, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
That was a huge bummer. Super confused as to why we didn't see Clipp, Storen OR Stras. Uy. Fun season. Terrible finish.

Are people still going to give Bryce Harper shit? Or say you need veteran experience? From what I saw Harper and Rendon kind of carried this team and gave them the most opportunities offensively.... Wonder how different this would have been with a healthy Zimmerman. :\

Will be great to see a healthy line up next year. Hopefully We'll get more than 30 games out of the full line-up.

Go Royals!
‼‼?‼‼