Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306247 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:33 am »
sad day for baseball in DC.

Fixed it

i'm a big fan of the LAD team. infinitely more fun to watch that StL.  out of all ths series match-ups, SF/StL is the most boring outcome. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #466 on: October 08, 2014, 10:16:40 am »
I'm really hoping for the AL winner to take the Series because neither of those teams have won in a while. I have a sinking suspicion it'll be St. Louis yet again, though, and we'll hear four months of obnoxious cliches about "doing it the right way" and "best fans in baseball" and "the Lord loves a working man" and other such eye-rolling inanity.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:04 am »
I'm really hoping for the AL winner to take the Series because neither of those teams have won in a while. I have a sinking suspicion it'll be St. Louis yet again, though, and we'll hear four months of obnoxious cliches about "doing it the right way" and "best fans in baseball" and "the Lord loves a working man" and other such eye-rolling inanity.

Best fans in baseball right here.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/07/1334938/--Video-St-Louis-Cardinals-fans-chant-for-Darren-Wilson-tell-protestors-to-get-jobs-go-to-Africa#

hutch

« Reply #468 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:57 am »
I don't get it.... most people love Harper...I hardly think a few naysayers/skeptics change the fact he is almost universally revered...Must everyone agree he is the second coming?

Matt Williams blew that series Saturday when he took out Jordan Zimmerman...Giants are too good a postseason team to give up a 2-0 lead in a five game series... it just wasn't going to happen..

vansmack

« Reply #469 on: October 08, 2014, 10:55:17 am »
I don't get the people that float around out there hoping for a splashdown.

I've never done it in a kayak, but I did sit out there one Sunday afternoon on a boat and it was a party.  We tied like 4 boats together and all the chicks were in bikinis and everybody has the game on the radio, drinking and having a good time.  Absent tickets to the game, it was a pretty fun way to listen to the game and still absorb the atmosphere of the crowd.

Last night was my first playoff game at home while the Giants were playing and it was a little annoying.  It was about a 7-10 second delay, so before Casillas even threw the last pitch to Harper, the fireworks had gone off and the crowd was going nuts.  It's not that bad for the local telecasts, so FS1 must be doing something differently.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #470 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:22 am »
Your scenario sounds great; bobbing around in a kayak not so much.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #471 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
I think the guy whole ultimately got that tater ball ended up jumping out of his kayak. At least that's what it looked like in the replay.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #472 on: October 08, 2014, 11:45:14 am »
Matt Williams blew that series Saturday when he took out Jordan Zimmerman...Giants are too good a postseason team to give up a 2-0 lead in a five game series... it just wasn't going to happen..

i just want to go ahead and say: yes, he did.

it didn't work out, i understand the move and why he made it, but that was the point where the nats conceded the series.

stevewizzle

« Reply #473 on: October 08, 2014, 11:52:23 am »
I blame Steve Wizzle for the loss. For  saying this thing was going five. For that, I'd like to recommend and insist that he drink this beer called Old Style every time he wants a beer on his next trip to Chicago.

i was probably going to do that anyways.

vansmack

« Reply #474 on: October 08, 2014, 12:39:34 pm »

I'm going to try it on some warm Sunday with a cooler of beers.  I bet I don't last past 4 innings.  You rent them on the other side of the stadium so it's a short paddle and it's fairly calm channel - we'll see.

I think the guy whole ultimately got that tater ball ended up jumping out of his kayak. At least that's what it looked like in the replay.

He did - though it was a relatively warm night.  Still, it was absolutely not worth it to me, but who knows what a collector gets for the 69th "Splash hit" and only the 3rd in post season.  Then it might have been worth it? 
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #475 on: October 08, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »

i just want to go ahead and say: yes, he did.

Are you guys union members?
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #476 on: October 08, 2014, 01:09:54 pm »
i don't get it

vansmack

« Reply #477 on: October 08, 2014, 02:32:05 pm »
i don't get it

Blaming management when an individual doesn't get their job done.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #478 on: October 08, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
i don't get it

i mean, i'd also blame the walking corpse that is adam laroche, drew storen for hanging that pitch, anthony rendon for not charging that bunt, the pitchers mound at giants stadium, mccatty for not having a mound visit before gio walks the first run home, cabrera for getting kicked out of the game and sticking us with espinosa for the rest of the game, and the umpire for squeezing zim in the 9th.

but the pivotal moment was pulling zimm. there was no coming back after that.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #479 on: October 08, 2014, 04:05:25 pm »
i don't get it

i mean, i'd also blame the walking corpse that is adam laroche, drew storen for hanging that pitch, anthony rendon for not charging that bunt, the pitchers mound at giants stadium, mccatty for not having a mound visit before gio walks the first run home, cabrera for getting kicked out of the game and sticking us with espinosa for the rest of the game, and the umpire for squeezing zim in the 9th.

but the pivotal moment was pulling zimm. there was no coming back after that.
What if all those other plays went the Nats way? Would pulling Zimm still have lost the series?
‼‼?‼‼