Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306228 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #660 on: April 15, 2015, 11:25:48 am »
you want to talk raw talent? how about harper last night?

let it rest, you're beating a dead horse. 

the kid will never see a fastball again. the book is all but written on harper and strasburg at this point, and it's the organizations fault if they don't recognize it and fix it. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #661 on: April 15, 2015, 11:35:38 am »
I find Hutch's missives in this thread more enjoyable if you remember back in grade school when some boy liked a girl but instead of being nice to her, he'd pull her hair and call her stupid. It's actually kind of sweet to imagine Hutch sitting in his 972 sq foot home -- while his wife and kids are playing outside in the Appalachian art brut installation he calls a "yard" -- looking longingly at pictures of Bryce on a laptop, whispering "I wish I could quit you" into the wind and dreaming of being covered in a frothy mix of Harper's sweat, semen, and eyeblack.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #662 on: April 15, 2015, 11:53:48 am »
I find it interesting that you find me so interesting Julian.

I find you very, very boring.

Point is Harper sucks (in addition to being an asshole)... I think people are generally beginning to come around to what I been saying for a good amount of time now...unfortunately there is a certain element of hate the messenger

stevewizzle

« Reply #663 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:27 pm »

Point is Harper sucks (in addition to being an asshole)... I think people are generally beginning to come around to what I been saying for a good amount of time now...unfortunately there is a certain element of hate the messenger

you're overvaluing your opinion. you're opinion means nothing and people turn on players all the time.  the fact is the nats are failing stras and harper, not the other way around. these guys are so damn predictable, and you can't be predictable no matter how good you are.

i liken your discussion to nutjobs saying "i don't trust that barack hussein obama" and then when something goes wrong with the country, they jump on the opportunity to rag on the president that they hate so dearly for completely irrational reasons.  you're basically the tea party of baseball fans.

« Reply #664 on: April 15, 2015, 12:37:15 pm »
Point is Harper sucks
I'm not a Nats fan, nor particularly a Harper fan. I find him somewhat annoying. He is not, as some advertised, the second coming of Jesus in baseball form. But to act like a 22 year old, five-tool, 2 time allstar, who is averaging .277 and 27 HRs a season -- again at 22 years old -- while also being consistently ranked as one of the top 3 corner outfielders in baseball from analytics people "sucks" is beyond absurd.

Every team in the league would take him in a heartbeat. You know where 22 year olds who "suck" at baseball play? Grapefruit league ball, not multiple all-star games.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:39:55 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2015, 12:40:55 pm »
Point is Harper sucks
I'm not a Nats fan, nor particularly a Harper fan. I find him somewhat annoying. But to act like a 22 year old, five-tool, 2 time allstar, who is averaging .277 and 27 HRs a season -- again at 22 years old -- while also being consistently ranked as one of the top 3-5 corner outfielders in baseball from analytics people "sucks" is beyond absurd.

Every team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.

he still can't hit a breaking ball, and that's really it. masterson pitched him perfect, and so did koji (again, not hard when you realize that all you have to do is get ahead of the count and throw breaking balls down and away). he's a + defender, + baserunner, + power.  he's just a total blockhead, which is fine as long as someone trains him to be the right kind of blockhead

« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »
you're basically the tea party of baseball fans.
He's a troll. He believes nothing he says about anything. He was permanently forgettable for years on here and in the last year or so decided he wanted to be memorable and so he basically just says whatever he thinks is the most drama-inducing in every scenario. And then he isn't even close to as good a troll as Rhett, Atomic, or Brian Wallace were. He is, literally, standing in the shadow of giants.

Point is Hutch sucks at messageboarding.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:45:28 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2015, 12:45:51 pm »

you're overvaluing your opinion. you're opinion means nothing and people turn on players all the time.  the fact is the nats are failing stras and harper, not the other way around. these guys are so damn predictable, and you can't be predictable no matter how good you are.

i liken your discussion to nutjobs saying "i don't trust that barack hussein obama" and then when something goes wrong with the country, they jump on the opportunity to rag on the president that they hate so dearly for completely irrational reasons.  you're basically the tea party of baseball fans.

I didn't turn on Harper.... he was a dick from day one and it became clear early he was overrated........ he is still overrated... the guys calling the games refuse to say anything other than how great he is.... did they mention he had 3 strikeouts last night..... no... he had a single.

tired of hearing he's so young and all that jive....back it up Harper.....

my good friend who is a older than me and a huge Cardinals fan who has been to more games than anyone I know was laughing bout his comments about winning the World Series this year now that we have Scherzer...

hutch

« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2015, 12:47:47 pm »
the troll is Julian...nothing says troll like getting into people's personal life and creeping on them in public forums...

or lets remember the julian gems of yesteryear and i paraphrase

"Thatguy said I would only come back over his dead body so the day he died I did."

this was posted a few days after thatguy died

asshole.

« Reply #669 on: April 15, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »
my good friend who is a older than me
What is this, Junior High? What adult cites someone being "older than me" as a credulity test for competency of opinion?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #670 on: April 15, 2015, 12:51:19 pm »
my good friend who is a older than me
What is this, Junior High? What adult cites someone being "older than me" as a credulity test for competency of opinion?

oh i'm sorry... he grew up going to games seeing Bob Gibson pitch etc... pardon me for thinking that means something..

you see..the above message is classic trolling.. you take one little thing out of context and make a big broohahah out of it

like I said, you're boring.

« Reply #671 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:40 pm »
the troll is Julian...nothing says troll like getting into people's personal life and creeping on them in public forums...
Here's the definition of trolling: The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Looking up someone's name in Google is not trolling. You might not like it, but it isn't trolling. Saying a bunch of stupid crap you don't believe in hopes it will irritate people -- your entire modus operandi -- is the definition of trolling.

or lets remember the julian gems of yesteryear and i paraphrase

"Thatguy said I would only come back over his dead body so the day he died I did."

this was posted a few days after thatguy died
Fair point. Minus the part where that didn't happen.
LVMH

« Reply #672 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:05 pm »
pardon me for thinking that means something..
It doesn't. It's completely non-sequitor. Theo Epstein never saw Babe Ruth play baseball; is he by default a lesser evaluator of talent than some random 95 year old who did?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #673 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:52 pm »
there is nothing trolling about saying Harper blows... its just reality... you may not like it

so he was elected to two allstar games due to hype

Jeter was elected last year too....so what?

you can look up what you want on google or spoke or whatever... sharing it repeatedly on a public forum is really beyond the acceptable.. your jokes about my home speak very poorly of the person you are.... its none of your business where i live

you're just an asshole..that's what it comes down to... a boring bored asshole sitting behind your computer...

hutch

« Reply #674 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:57 pm »
pardon me for thinking that means something..
It doesn't. It's completely non-sequitor. Theo Epstein never saw Babe Ruth play baseball; is he by default a lesser evaluator of talent than some random 95 year old who did?

boring