Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 312957 times)

ggw

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 17, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »
he's struck out 50% of his at bats this year.  210 million to strikeout every other at bat, ridiculous.
Point is Scherzer sucks at baseball. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go home to my 972 sq ft domicile.

I'd like to point out that the cost of a 972 sf house in Arlington is probably about the same as a six bedroom house on five acres of land in Richmond.

It's all about the land and the location.  Hutch's land alone is worth $475k, while your land and house together only come in at $437,600.  And your lot (11,724 sq. ft) is twice the size as Hutch's (5,125 sq. ft).

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #691 on: April 17, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
Why on God's green Earth do you know where Rhett lives? What sort of dinner party from hell did I miss out on?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:16:18 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #692 on: April 17, 2015, 01:15:27 pm »
Ian Desmond is on pace for 97 errors this season.
Just give him 2 more weeks and we'll be in May and he'll remember how to play defense.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #693 on: April 17, 2015, 01:16:13 pm »
I guess if that's comforting to one whose children are growing up in squalor, then more power to them.

That's about the average size for a house in Europe, and I'd hardly say the average child in Europe is living in squalor.

http://www.demographia.com/db-intlhouse.htm

You're living quite well, on an international scale.  1,226 sq ft, not including 334 more in the basement, the 368 sq. ft deck, and the 432 sq. ft attached garage.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:18:30 pm by ggw »

Space Freely

« Reply #694 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:12 pm »
Why on God's green Earth do you know where Rhett lives? What sort of dinner party from hell did I miss out on?

You aint the only creep here.

« Reply #695 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:43 pm »
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #696 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:20 pm »

You aint the only creep here.

Do those solar panels work well?  Seems like the tree cover would keep them shady a lot of the time.

And I never figured you for a basketball guy.  That Fisher Price basketball hoop next to the adult hoop is toooo precious.

hutch

« Reply #697 on: April 17, 2015, 07:57:00 pm »
my kids growing up in squalor? in North Arlington???

this is some funny shit guys..

hutch

« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2015, 02:54:08 pm »
nice to see Span back

what are thoughts/general thinking on wearing an Expos cap? is it cool, dorky, irrelevant or idiotic?

technically it is the same franchise and I always liked the Expos a lot.....

« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
It depends if someone is doing it as an intentional throwback or if their parents are just raising them in a shanty town because they selfishly go to a bunch of concerts instead of putting a proper roof over their heads and put money away for college and they cannot afford a new hat.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #700 on: April 19, 2015, 06:44:25 pm »
It depends if someone is doing it as an intentional throwback

in that case its not idiotic? what are you saying other than predictable off topic blathering on about my family?

I mowed the lawn yesterday fyi.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2015, 09:27:26 am »
nice to see Span back

what are thoughts/general thinking on wearing an Expos cap? is it cool, dorky, irrelevant or idiotic?

technically it is the same franchise and I always liked the Expos a lot.....

I don't mind it. I went to the game on Saturday and there was a row of a few Phillies fans sitting in front of us. Some of the people were nice and giggled whenever I booed when they clapped. There was other fans at the end of the row rooting very loudly for the Phillies WHILE wearing Islanders gear and screaming "NATS SUCK" and "CAPS SUCK" so, naturally, I just told them that their teams suck and they should go back to their trash state of New Jersey. They didn't take too kindly to it, but the Nats faithful joined me in booing them whenever they said anything. I'm all for friendly banter between opposing team fans, but man, some people can truly be obnoxious. Of course it was the one game we lost the Phils too lol. Damn it.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:32 am »
Some of the people were nice and giggled whenever I booed when they clapped. There was other fans at the end of the row rooting very loudly for the Phillies WHILE wearing Islanders gear and screaming "NATS SUCK" and "CAPS SUCK" so, naturally, I just told them that their teams suck and they should go back to their trash state of New Jersey. They didn't take too kindly to it, but the Nats faithful joined me in booing them whenever they said anything.
I know I have been reading /r/ThatHappened on reddit for too long that I was honestly awaiting people audibly gasping at your clever retort to them, people bursting into applause, and someone giving you $100 to buy beer.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2015, 09:38:31 am »
I just don't understand why home team fans let people like that scream for hours on end. There were people with kids and stuff around. I'm not gonna scream "Hey dude fuck off" or be like "shut up" because at the end of the day it is a sports event... but it's just super obnoxious. It's bad enough that DC fans barely cheer, but they pretty much get walked all over unless it's a Redskins game. Even then, if the Skins are losing, the fans are pretty much out of it. At least they stand up against opposing team fans. Same thing happened at the Caps game last week. Surrounded by Caps fans and the most audible ones were the 4 Islanders fans in our section.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2015, 12:45:22 pm »
Phillies fans are the worst..

I remember the season opener a few years ago where the Nats organization advertised tikets in the Philly area and there were buses and everything organized to bring the Phillies fans... they took over the stadium! they were booing loudly when Ryan Z. was getting the silver slugger award.. they were smoking cigs in plain view... I mean it was ridiculous