Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306611 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »
Not to mention if it was a bobblehead game against the Phils, they'd rip the heads off and throw them on the field. They are all trash.

Any who, good to see the Nats bats waking up!
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2015, 01:26:42 pm »
can we start a kickstarter campaign to send DFA1979 and hutch on a date to the next nats home series vs. the phillies? i'll donate at least enough for a couple of beers for you guys.

ggw

« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »
can we start a kickstarter campaign to send DFA1979 and hutch on a date to the next nats home series vs. the phillies? i'll donate at least enough for a couple of beers for you guys.

I'll kick in if Hutch wears a Harper jersey.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2015, 01:34:10 pm »
I'll throw in $$ towards this. Hutch and DFA1979 in a small, contained geographic area? Worth it.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2015, 10:30:39 am »
I'll throw in $$ towards this. Hutch and DFA1979 in a small, contained geographic area? Worth it.
Aw, man.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2015, 12:13:02 pm »
I don't go to phillies games....to be honest these days I don't get to many games due to the kids... I"ll be at one of the Dodgers-Nats games though...

Space Freely

« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:54 pm »
I don't go to phillies games....to be honest these days I don't get to many games due to the kids... I"ll be at one of the Dodgers-Nats games though...

I can see using "I have kids" as an excuse to attend less concerts. I do that myself.

But using "I have kids" as an excuse for attending fewer baseball games? How does that work?  ???

hutch

« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2015, 02:24:32 pm »

I can see using "I have kids" as an excuse to attend less concerts. I do that myself.

But using "I have kids" as an excuse for attending fewer baseball games? How does that work?  ???

huh...its hard for me to get to the balpark by 7.....and then by the time i get home its real late and i'm cashed out...

concerts are a breeze comparatively plus i get back so much more...i can be around for dinner and hang out with my kids..put them to bed..

i found when i didn't have kids i was going to about 20 games a year...since i've had kids i've gone to but a few.. moving from dc to arlington explains part of it..

also i didn't used to have tv for like a decade... now i got tons of sports and baseball on.. i like to relax and watch some after the kids have gone to bed

as far as taking the kids on weekends.. we take them to one or two games a year... its usually a huge painful production...is taking 2 and 4 year olds to games really worth it? i see other parents doing it and they all seem to be leaving by the 5th inning...

so there you go..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:36 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/04/21/biggest-error-of-the-nationals-season-dumping-chuck-browns-bustin-loose/
Smh. This was a cool "hey it's a DC sports team thing" thing and of course they'd get rid of it. Their response was it's still in the rotation. Sheesh.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

Space Freely

« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2015, 03:31:55 pm »

huh...its hard for me to get to the balpark by 7.....and then by the time i get home its real late and i'm cashed out...

concerts are a breeze comparatively plus i get back so much more...i can be around for dinner and hang out with my kids..put them to bed..

i found when i didn't have kids i was going to about 20 games a year...since i've had kids i've gone to but a few.. moving from dc to arlington explains part of it..

also i didn't used to have tv for like a decade... now i got tons of sports and baseball on.. i like to relax and watch some after the kids have gone to bed

as far as taking the kids on weekends.. we take them to one or two games a year... its usually a huge painful production...is taking 2 and 4 year olds to games really worth it? i see other parents doing it and they all seem to be leaving by the 5th inning...

so there you go..

All very good points. No doubt you'll go to more games as the kids get older. Assuming the develop an interest in going.

For the two to for year old set, there's always Sunday games with kids run the bases, the playground area, and feeding them lots of snacks.

stevewizzle

« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2015, 10:28:00 pm »
anyone still watching this?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #718 on: April 28, 2015, 10:29:24 pm »
anyone still watching this?
one of my best friends is a Braves fan, he's drunk, and he's blowing up my phone with texts about "motherfucking Dan uggla".
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #719 on: April 28, 2015, 10:37:14 pm »
I was watching...what a huge HR...now to hold on..