Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 312072 times)

vansmack

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #825 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:46 pm »
Even I am pumped for today's match up.  Probably the greatest pitching Match-up of the year, if not the last ten years....
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2015, 09:50:56 am »
Pretty bummed Scherzer only went through 6 innings. Goodness. Dodgers are tough. I'd like to see that series again with a full healthy line-up though.

Harvey coming up tomorrow too? Uy.
‼‼?‼‼

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #827 on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:25 am »
9th inning yesterday was seriously disappointing.

Star Wars Day was fun though!

vansmack

« Reply #828 on: July 20, 2015, 02:16:16 pm »
9th inning yesterday was seriously disappointing.

Why there was no lefty ready to face Gonzo and Ethier in the 9th is indefensible.  Williams finally got a lefty up, but by then it was 4-0.  If Solis was healthy enough to face Callaspo (4 batters later) why the hell wasn't he ready to face Gonzo and Ethier?  I was just shaking my head.... 

I had the pleasure of switching back and forth between the LA terrestrial broadcast and the Nationals XM broadcast and the differences were amazing.  The DC guys were just bitching about the home plate ump the entire time, while the LA guys were talking about how Harper's antics in the first were going to haunt him later. "There are ways to handle that situation and that's not one of them."  In the middle of the at bat in the 7th he had already burned every bridge and the Dodgers announcer said "Grienke can throw this pitch anywhere he wants because after that stroll up the line, Harper has to swing at it.  I'd throw it in the dirt."
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #829 on: July 28, 2015, 07:08:55 pm »
Got a Papelboner yet? 

Good luck...
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #830 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:06 pm »
Got a Papelboner yet? 

Good luck...

That's a shitty thing to do to Storen.

vansmack

« Reply #831 on: July 28, 2015, 08:01:04 pm »

Not to mention the good fans of Washington....
27>34

vansmack

27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #833 on: July 29, 2015, 02:35:38 pm »

Not to mention the good fans of Washington....
Not stoked about this. Poor Drew.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #834 on: July 29, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »
im conflicted about the papelbon trade too but im wondering what the people who are adamantly against it wanted rizzo to do instead. seems like he deemed the prices for kimbrel/chapman too high, and even if hed sucked it up and paid it, theyd be displacing storen instead of papelbon. either way drew gets shafted

i get that drew is beloved here and papelbon has a bit (ok, a lot) of a reputation (overblown imo. the guy could stand to shut up from time to time but his past teammates rave about him, and all his media drama seems to be a product of playing for some...interesting fanbases. plus, remember all that "clubhouse cancer" talk about yunel escobar? i havent heard a peep of drama since he came here) but the nats badly needed bullpen help and rizzo got some. storen's having a great year and what the nats really needed was a solid setup man, but if there were none available that fit the price, why not go big and make your lights out closer your new lights out 8th inning guy.

having said that, the success of the trade hinges entirely on how well storen adjusts back to the 8th inning. if he pitches with a chip on his shoulder and gives the nats two shutdown closers, it's the best move rizzo couldve made this week. if he melts down again, the nats are back to square one with a single reliable reliever and less time to fix it. either way, especially with papelbon signed next year (for not too much money, all things considered), i imagine storen is traded this offseason. he seems like a good dude and watching him mature as a pitcher has been great, but its clear his future isnt with this team. tough break but its a results business and storen's late season past has been too shaky for comfort

shemptiness

« Reply #835 on: August 14, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »
Ted's pocketbook takes a hit

A federal jury ruled Friday that the owners of the White Flint Mall breached their contract with Lord & Taylor after attempting to close the shopping center in favor of building a town center.The mall?s owners, Lerner Enterprises, led by founder and Washington Nationals owner Theodore N. Lerner, were ordered to pay $31 million in damages, about half of what Lord & Taylor sought at trial.

hutch

« Reply #836 on: August 14, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »
so at this point.....115 or so games into the 162 game season the Nats would not make the playoffs?

martinrob

« Reply #837 on: August 15, 2015, 01:21:18 am »
Thought that Williams had a better starting lineup dialed in and then made a foolish switch with Robinson and Werth.  I would have liked to have seen the lineup remain intact for the duration.
Win the East since wild card is out of reach.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #838 on: August 15, 2015, 02:04:18 am »
6 games left against the mets, and with their young arms you gotta expect fatigue to set in at some point (since terry collins has said harvey/degroom/syndergaard are supposedly all on innings limits yet wont be shut down), so the division is far from over, but the nats do not deserve a playoff spot right now. theyre digging themselves a mighty deep hole.

speaking of playoffs, how silly is it that as things stand now the second and third best teams in the NL will play each other in a one game playoff for the right to play the #1 seed cardinals.

shemptiness

« Reply #839 on: August 17, 2015, 09:27:28 am »
Not sure why you think that's silly.  The same situation exists in the AL East, as of today.