Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 311634 times)

hutch

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 04, 2016, 08:10:34 pm »
nice win by Nats!

welcome back baseball!

vansmack

« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:52 pm »
welcome back baseball!

Couldn't even go one day.

That's a clown hat, bro.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #977 on: April 28, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »
After tonight, Spring Training will finally be over for the Nats.

Looking forward to seeing what this team is really all about.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #978 on: April 29, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »
What's the deal with ticket prices? Before this year I've always found decent seats for super cheap. Now the  decent seats aren't cheap, only the crap ones are.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #979 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:47 pm »
What's the deal with ticket prices? Before this year I've always found decent seats for super cheap. Now the  decent seats aren't cheap, only the crap ones are.
Max Scherzer
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #980 on: April 29, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »

i feel like this has been changing for a while now... baltimore is a much better deal and experience....

but i think it may have more to do with bryce harper than scherzer.... people really want to see bryce...

there is a differnece between the secondary and primary markets.. i'm talking about the secondary market... if cheap tickets are no longer easy to find it stands to reason people want them more.. the only reason i can think of is that people want to see the MVP etc

if you're talking about the primary market then i guess the reason would be the nats raised prices...

Space Freely

« Reply #981 on: April 29, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

i feel like this has been changing for a while now... baltimore is a much better deal and experience....

but i think it may have more to do with bryce harper than scherzer.... people really want to see bryce...

there is a differnece between the secondary and primary markets.. i'm talking about the secondary market... if cheap tickets are no longer easy to find it stands to reason people want them more.. the only reason i can think of is that people want to see the MVP etc

if you're talking about the primary market then i guess the reason would be the nats raised prices...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking 100% about the secondary market (Seatgeek, Stubhub). Through last year, I always found tickets in the $9-$18 range in the area around Section 203. Now this year that area looks to be in the $40 range.

vansmack

« Reply #982 on: April 29, 2016, 04:30:47 pm »
On this date in 2015:  Washington: 9-13

On this date in 2016: 14-7

I can't imagine why people would want to pay more....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #983 on: April 29, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »
i kind of think bryce winning the mvp is a big part of getting people out to the games...bigger than the fact they are off to a hot start....

maybe space you remember how easy it was to get tickets el cheapo when they were doing great in previous years.. if it was a lot easier then i think then the winning record this year would not be a great explanation

also, they may be developing more of a fan base.. people start to make plans to see the nats more etc..but that wouldn't explain a sudden jump

maybe the fact its early in the season might explain it.. it may be tougher right now cause they haven't had that many home games yet?

Space Freely

« Reply #984 on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
i kind of think bryce winning the mvp is a big part of getting people out to the games...bigger than the fact they are off to a hot start....

maybe space you remember how easy it was to get tickets el cheapo when they were doing great in previous years.. if it was a lot easier then i think then the winning record this year would not be a great explanation

also, they may be developing more of a fan base.. people start to make plans to see the nats more etc..but that wouldn't explain a sudden jump

maybe the fact its early in the season might explain it.. it may be tougher right now cause they haven't had that many home games yet?

I think it goes beyond the record (though I'm not denying that could play some role), all of your suggestions seem feasible.

It also could be just a smaller amount of tickets available in the secondary markets this year, and that's keeping the prices high...in the sections I'm looking at, there are just very few actual tickets available compared to previous years...

Guess I'll be in no rush to buy...I am going to my first Orioles game in several years next weekend.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #985 on: May 02, 2016, 10:26:57 am »
You can get decent deals through the Nats site. Just look up Nationals coupon codes and just plug them in. I've brought 80 dollars tickets down to 40 or so by using random coupon codes. They also knock the cheap seats down a good bit too.
‼‼?‼‼

brennser

« Reply #986 on: May 02, 2016, 10:51:44 am »
After tonight, Spring Training will finally be over for the Nats.

Looking forward to seeing what this team is really all about.

off to a decent start

vansmack

« Reply #987 on: May 02, 2016, 11:36:28 am »
off to a decent start

Particularly impressive given that Harper didn't have a hit the entire series, yet they still put up almost 6 runs a game.   Fantastic pitching all weekend.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #988 on: May 09, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »
By game 3, not switching Murphy and Zim was questionable, but defensible.

By game 4 it was downright stubborn Dusty Baker.

Get ready for that all season...
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #989 on: May 09, 2016, 01:48:07 pm »
Against the best team in baseball though. Hard lesson to learn. Insane that Zim couldn't do dick. He left 14 runners stranded YESTERDAY.
‼‼?‼‼