Author Topic: The Nats Thread  (Read 306333 times)

ggw

Re: The Nats Thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 13, 2017, 10:28:07 am »
Rules 6.03(a)(3) and (4) Comment; "If a batter strikes at a ball and misses and swings so hard he carries the bat all the way around and, in the umpire’s judgment, unintentionally hits the catcher or the ball in back of him on the backswing, it shall be called a strike only (not interference).  The ball will be dead, however, and no runner shall advance on the play."

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_rules.jsp

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1201 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:55 pm »
Rules 6.03(a)(3) and (4) Comment; "If a batter strikes at a ball and misses and swings so hard he carries the bat all the way around and, in the umpire’s judgment, unintentionally hits the catcher or the ball in back of him on the backswing, it shall be called a strike only (not interference).  The ball will be dead, however, and no runner shall advance on the play."

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_rules.jsp
no replay for this huh

CURSED. I SAID IT. CURSED. WE'RE CURSED. I'M ALL IN. WE'RE CURSED. I SAW IT. THAT WAS A HEX UPON THIS CITY.

FLIPPIN CURSED.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #1202 on: October 13, 2017, 01:56:27 pm »
Since they sign all the best players and his Nats contract is up, are we going to see the Yankees sign Caveman and in turn make him get a haircut and shave?

Yada

« Reply #1203 on: October 13, 2017, 02:02:19 pm »
This thread should probably be deleted from the forum database.

Seth, can you reach out to your IT folk?

vansmack

« Reply #1204 on: October 13, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »

Actually, this one should be fo sho....

Or maybe it is time to BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS!  But I don't think that's what the OP had in mind when he created the thread....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1205 on: October 13, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »

seth didn't make "Ability to delete" a requirement, so you're out of luck.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1206 on: October 13, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »
Starting to wonder...what proven managers are out there looking for work? Not counting Farrell

hutch

« Reply #1207 on: October 13, 2017, 07:00:24 pm »
I just never get the sense that the Nats know how to play smart baseball be it on the basepaths or the field... 

martinrob

« Reply #1208 on: October 13, 2017, 08:06:32 pm »
Dusty needs to go.  Not having Howie in was costly.  He was considering it but opted for Werth for his past performance in big games.  He is certainly living in the past and Werth was the weakest outfielder and the team could have benefited with Howie in the game.
Glad I was at the foo's show and did not witness this live, but I will say reading about the debacle that was game 5 was sickening.
With Roark not playing I can see Tanner wanting out of DC.  Having not pitched since Oct 1 and not playing says a lot about the lack of trust Dusty had for him.  There were plenty of opportunities within the 5 games and he also has experience coming out of the bullpen.
There is always next year.

hutch

« Reply #1209 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:57 pm »
Agree about Howie...crazy considering how well he played during the stretch...in as far as Werth it is pretty clear the organization has a hard on for him...

But yeah as much as I like Dusty as a person he is past his shelflife but I am not sure who you replace him with

hutch

« Reply #1210 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:45 pm »
I know I will get crucified but I like Ray Knight...you listen to his postgame analysis and he gets all the fine points...the Nats coaching staff seems to know nothing about how to stand the team on the field or basepaths

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #1211 on: October 15, 2017, 03:18:26 pm »
I'm sick and tired of the Lerners' obsession with Boras clients. They are literally afraid of Scott Boras, he tells them what to do! Why the hell would they sign Matt Wieters when they traded two draft picks to acquire Derek Norris, who performed the same as Wieters at 1/3 the price? All the Boras clients choked (Scherzer) and played like shit (Werthless), except for Strasberg, who had to be CONVINCED to pitch in Game 4. Bryce played OK.

This team spends money poorly. They spend it all on high priced free agents and then play cheap with their managers and with their bench.

Fuck this fucking team.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #1212 on: October 15, 2017, 03:20:07 pm »
Starting to wonder...what proven managers are out there looking for work? Not counting Farrell

In addition, the Lerners have a rep for treating managers like shit. See: Jim Riggleman, Davey Johnson, Bud Black. Hell Dusty isn't even under contract for next year! The Lerners like this because they know Dusty wants to stick around and they can use it as leverage against him.

Fuck the Lerner family.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #1213 on: October 15, 2017, 03:20:49 pm »

::)

vansmack

« Reply #1214 on: October 21, 2017, 01:15:55 pm »
Making a move for Alex Cora is bold, but I don't see him passing on the Sox for the Nats.

Also, if I'm Cora I don't talk to a soul until my current team is eliminated.  Bigger things to worry about.
27>34