Author Topic: phuck phish tickets  (Read 8306 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: phuck phish tickets
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2004, 03:47:00 pm »
So...Redsock...exactly how long have you been a Phish-head?

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2004, 04:19:00 pm »
phishheads, fishheads, rollie pollie phishheads
 fishheads, phishheads, eat them up, yum!

hitman

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2004, 08:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
 [QB] i just love people's open loathingness of jam bands.  god's it's great.  i listen to it all, baby: ska-funk to prince-punk.  i remember when i was skating everyday and listening to the circle jerks and dead kennedys.  man we all hated those dirty hippies and their grateful crap music.  and then i evolved.  one sided views are corrupt and whatever.  whose mind am i going to change, out there?  jam bands are not evil; pat robertson is evil.  go and think what you want; i know i do.  

you have a nod in agreement here.  yet I can see redsock's point as well.  I think if we put both posts together, there's something for everyone.

Stacey D

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2004, 10:20:00 pm »
The Phish Phactory is a RCRA site releasing contaminants into nearby water sources.  When it closes this summer it will be placed on the National Priority List under Superfund and will become Mike Leavitt's number one concern the rest of his time as EPA administrator.  He has promised that this scar upon the land will be cleaned up for music loving citizens of this country if it is the last thing he ever does.

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2004, 05:25:00 pm »
That whole noodling thing is also a huge generalization of sorts. Have you listened to anything by newer "jambands" such as the disco biscuits, umphrey's mcgee, sound tribe sector 9 or the new deal? These and many other bands compose entire sections on the spot where each member fits in perfectly and in effect jam as one unit. They also include electronic elements which enhance their sound giving them a virtually infinite amount of tools to play with. While there are bands whose members solo a great deal (which I enjoy. everyone has a right to his or her own musical tastes), there are other "jambands" who very rarely do that at all if ever.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2004, 09:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  That whole noodling thing is also a huge generalization of sorts. Have you listened to anything by newer "jambands" such as the disco biscuits, umphrey's mcgee, sound tribe sector 9 or the new deal? These and many other bands compose entire sections on the spot where each member fits in perfectly and in effect jam as one unit. They also include electronic elements which enhance their sound giving them a virtually infinite amount of tools to play with. While there are bands whose members solo a great deal (which I enjoy. everyone has a right to his or her own musical tastes), there are other "jambands" who very rarely do that at all if ever.
That was the most boring thing I've ever read. Must also be a Sleater-Kinney fan.
oword

redsock

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2004, 09:46:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
STS9 are very boring live, though I do appreciate the more electronic influenced stuff. I have heard disco biscuit and new deal CDs before, and I admit to actually finding somethings to like on them, though I doubt their live show would do very much for me.

walkonby

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2004, 07:31:00 pm »
god..., after all that; i got a stinking phish ticket for the show that started this tirade in the first place.  an ticketbastard screw up actually worked in my favour, and somehow a ticket appeared where they said a failure to process had been before.  ticketbastard helped me.  im speechless..., which i'm waiting for the expected "thank god" from the peanut gallery.  

you're hanging around the day; you filling yourself with blame.  (hooray, hooray; the great cult is almost upon us at 930.  kool aid for all in the women's bathroom.)

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2004, 07:36:00 pm »
Awesome. Maybe I'll give it a try.  ;)
احمد

grotty

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2004, 07:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I'd have to go with George Jones, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and Merle Haggard.

Nice list...though I'd personalize it as:
 George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Dwight Yoakam, Charlie Rich and early Sun-era Elvis Presley (I know he's a bit of stretch, but I'm sticking with it)

Regarding Ticketbastard - if you can't beat them, just work around them:
  ten club

Relatedly, there's a rumor going around that suggests a Fall PJ tour. An active 10C membership is needed to ensure that you get fan club tix though.

K8teebug

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2004, 08:32:00 am »
Isn't buying your ticket off ebay for 500 bucks only to do nitrous all day long in the parking lot just part of the phish way?  I can't wait to see them go.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2004, 09:45:00 am »
Originally posted by grotty:

Relatedly, there's a rumor going around that suggests a Fall PJ tour. An active 10C membership is needed to ensure that you get fan club tix though.
Oh yeah PJ and DCFC in Reading, PA as part of the Vote for Change Concerts!!!!
T.Rex

grotty

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2004, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by grotty:

Oh yeah PJ and DCFC in Reading, PA as part of the Vote for Change Concerts!!!! [/b]
I'm on it Kosmo! Gonna try to do both. Wanna go?  :D

Bags

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2004, 02:17:00 pm »
It's really quite amazing -- there are foiur tours, October 1 - October 8:

REM/Bruce Springsteen/John Fogerty/Bright Eyes

Pearl Jam/Death Cab for Cutie

Dave Matthews Band / Jurassic 5 / My Morning Jacket

Dixie Chicks / James Taylor

http://www.act04.com
 http://www.moveonpac.org

Tour Information
 MoveOn PAC is excited to announce the Vote for Change concert tour. Vote for Change is a loose coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea â?? the need to make a change in the direction of our country. We share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime. We are fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive.

"We have an opportunity to change the direction our country is headed and to elect a government that is just, rational and respectful of the views and rights of the people it serves," said Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.

Artists participating in Vote for Change have merged their energies and talents to focus on states that are expected to have the closest race in the presidential election this fall. This unprecedented effort will include approximately 40 shows in 30 cities in 9 battleground states over the course of 10 days.

These concerts will feature Babyface, Jackson Browne, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, the Dixie Chicks, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, John Mellencamp, My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, R.E.M., James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and more. These and other artists will appear on separate bills on the same night in selected cities around several battleground states. Vote for Change artists hope to accomplish a single goal through the tour: to get people to the polls on November 2nd to vote for a change.

The Vote for Change tour will be presented by MoveOn PAC, with all concert proceeds benefiting the work of America Coming Together (ACT).