Author Topic: ...anyone hang out in Delaware?  (Read 3040 times)

...anyone hang out in Delaware?
« on: October 28, 2005, 11:22:00 am »

Arlette

Re: ...anyone hang out in Delaware?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
I'm probably spending way too much time on this board if I can now predict what will be posted and by whom.  

When I saw that news item today (didn't click the link above, it's about the suicide, right?), I knew you would post it today.

distance

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
i was born there.  i don't plan to die there.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 01:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:
 i was born there.
Whereabouts?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
what's delaware?

distance

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ellis D. Fleischbach:

i was born there.
Whereabouts? [/b]
dover.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
  dover.
What's wrong with Dover?  It's no better or worse than most places.

distance

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 10:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ellis D. Fleischbach:

dover.
What's wrong with Dover?  It's no better or worse than most places. [/b]
i didn't say there was anything terribly wrong with dover.  i don't particularly find myself that interested in hanging around there.

i only lived there for 6 months after i was born, so i'm rather indifferent toward it.
 i don't think i've been there in about 20 years.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 08:21:00 am »
 i didn't say there was anything terribly wrong with dover.  i don't particularly find myself that interested in hanging around there.

i only lived there for 6 months after i was born, so i'm rather indifferent toward it.
 i don't think i've been there in about 20 years.
There's a decent comic book store in Dover, Superior Comics, run by one of my distant cousins.  R.Crumb was born in the same town as my mother, BTW.

And Wilmington is the location of FIGHT CLUB, the movie.

muschi

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 08:26:00 am »
map of town in DE halfway tween dover and lewes / rehoboth. i like delaware ppl , they talk like i do, and im from way up in nw nj - and they're real down-to-earth and neighborly/friendly. and the women call you "...honey" there. i think it's real nice. i remember not long ago some ahole prick filed a lawsuit of gender discrimination after being called "honey". speaking of DE, saw some good bands at the 20 buck spin this wknd [one of the bands was from DE - cant remember name - singer was short guy w/ bandana on who reminds me of bon scott]

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 12:14:00 am »
I know exactly where Frederica is. Small little rural town that's not really out in the sticks nor in the middle of farm land but you will find those things in the vicinity.

In fact, there's this little old roadside motel amongst the trees in Frederica that I use to drive by on my way to the beach that always got me going off into one of my on the road fantasies. (No, not that kind, Mankie!) Seems that I always drive past at night and sometimes it's a bit misty looking which adds to it's 'charm'. I've always wanted to film a movie there. Some kind of a psycho drama ala Hitchcock or In Cold Blood. Would need a few old American made cars from the 60s and a few half creepy and half cool looking redneck types. You know, the Psychobilly type.

This twist of fate involving this woman would be a perfect addition to my little twisted plot in Hell.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 05:50:00 am »
I once stopped off for a piss at a truck stop somewhere in Delaware while on the way to New York...that's about it really.

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
Frederica is also the home to former Nasa space-suit fabricator ILC.