Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104319 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
any problems with Tickets.Com?
« on: March 06, 2002, 06:20:00 pm »
I would like to know if anyone has had any trouble buying tickets. Having now heard the usual fussing about service charges, I would like to know if anybody has had any other problems.

roxy2002gurl

Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 07:20:00 pm »
I was trying to buy tickets from Tickets.com last night but after many attempts to submit my billing information, it still said it was unable to complete my transaction. I tried using a different credit card to see if maybe that was the problem but it still didn't work. So I ended up having to call in to purchase my tickets. Why did they switch from Ticketmaster.com to Tickets.com??

G.Love

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 07:27:00 pm »
When David Gray cancelled last year (then later rescheduled) Ticketmaster would not refund my tickets. They indicated that I had to use them for the rescheduled date - those arrogant pricks! So Seth how about a show for free  

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 07:35:00 pm »
Don't know if my problem was me trying to use an unfamiliar site or if it's a flaw (or mailing surcharge scam) with the site itself. I wanted to purchase a ticket for a show and parking. It would only allow me to select one event at a time, but as many tickets as I wanted for that one show. I had to complete the transaction without being allowed to purchase parking or even tickets for another show. The last thing I want to do is pay an additional $3.50, on top of ticket surcharges, to some ticket company just so I can park my car at a show when I have to pay to park. (Hoping I can buy my parking pass the next time I'm at the Club!) <P>It really strikes me as being more of an extra surcharge scam! There is no good reason it can't be programmed in the site or even put in the same damned envelope that I know costs no more than $1 for shipping and handling charges. It would be cheaper for me to pay $10 to your competitor across the street! <P>Is there anyway that you can work up a deal with some record stores or bookstores outside of the DC area for those of us who don't live in the vicinity? I know those contracts probably kill that option. Really appreciate you checking with us!

SamZeb

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 09:02:00 pm »
I tried purchasing 2 Dashboard tickets online...everything went through and it said I would receive e-mail confirmation, but I never got it.  My credit card was charged and I still haven't heard anything.  I've used their online support system and tried contacting them on 3 different occasions and still haven't heard ANYTHING.  And its impossible to contact them over the phone because their support reps are always busy. <P>Still no luck...  

mattyp4

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 09:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:<BR> Is there anyway that you can work up a deal with some record stores or bookstores outside of the DC area for those of us who don't live in the vicinity? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey Jaguar- any Olsson's Books & Music, Coconuts, or Record Town should sell them.  It's not much, but it's another option.  <BR>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 09:26:00 pm »
Thanks Mattyp4. I know about those places but it's all the same as DC to those of us not in the area. I'm up in Hunt Valley which is north of Baltimore. Between the gas, time, mileage, and sometimes tolls, the internet is now the least of the evils. Picking up tickets at the Club is not always an option for me.<p>[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 03-06-2002).]

ggw

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 01:10:00 am »
I encountered the same problem as Roxygurl.  Completed all the info and submitted, but tickets.com said they couldn't complete the transaction, but didn't specify why.  Tried it two more times, and it took on the last try.  Shouldn't have been a traffic issue, as it was around 8:30 pm on a Thursday.  Tickets did arrive very quickly though.

miette

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2002, 01:36:00 am »
hello, i just tried to buy 2 tickets to the Nick Cave concert through tickets.com, and i had many problems. i often had to hit a "submit" button many times (receiving many error messages) and at the end, i couldn't buy any tickets, it just wouldn't go through. <BR>I did give them my credit card info and i hope that i will not be charged.<BR>I'd called their phone number earlier today and was put on hold for a long time (plus it is long distance and expensive). so i hung up and decided to buy online tickets.<BR>Tickets.com's service is horrible. however, i do appreciate the fact that they "only" charge about $6 a ticket in fees while ticketmaster charges about $11 in fees per ticket.<BR>it seems as if there are many problems with tickets.com- you should give them feedback that your concertgoers are having trouble getting tickets.<BR>

Nacht

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2002, 11:10:00 am »
Tickets.com is a peice of shite. I've been trying to order Garbage tickets ever since they went on sale. "Transaction cannot be completed, please try again later." After refreshing it just hangs at "Processing your order." No email has been received so I've no idea if the order's gone through.<P>This is ridiculous. Even with their idiotic service charges Ticketmaster was never this bad.<P>|\

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2002, 11:24:00 am »
well, whenever tickets go on sale for a big act, Ticketmasters system dies while you ordering too....so its not just Tickets.com...neither company despite their outrageous service charges, can seem to keep their servers up and running when busy...which is exactly what the extra "processing" fee goes to when you order online...<P>bogus...<P>-MM

Fiona

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2002, 11:55:00 am »
I had problems ordering online. So I gave up and called them on the phone and got a ticket that way. I just hope the internet method didn't charge my credit card. The guy on the phone said he had no record of my ordering online and to check back in a couple of days to make sure it didn't go through twice. I definitely think ticketmaster.com is better. It always give you a confirmation number and an email. And it has more outlets, where you can pick up tickets.

Greg McElhatton

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2002, 11:59:00 am »
After the site said it was experiencing technical difficulties, I just called the phone number on the front page of Tickets.com. Someone picked up within seconds and several minutes later, my tickets were purchased.

Nacht

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2002, 12:00:00 pm »
You're right Metal, they both have their problems - but I have to wonder where that $11 per ticket surcharge is going then. No, scratch that, I don't wonder - I know exactly where it's going.<P>|\

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2002, 12:44:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nacht:<BR><B>  I have to wonder where that $11 per ticket surcharge is going<P>|\</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK, well you obviously didn't read my original post to start this thread. this is not a forum for whining about the cost of tickets. if you think the total price of a ticket is too much, I have some very simple advice: DON'T GO.<P>now, for those of you who are experiencing those technical difficulties that you thankfully have reported below, someone from Tickets.Com will be joining the forum shortly to start dealing with them.<P>at least he said he would. if he doesn't, I'll just post his home phone number for everybody to call him there. 2 AM is probably the best time to reach him.