Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104304 times)

malimal

Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2002, 09:18:00 am »
Good morning Seth.  Still looking forward to hearing from you regarding tonight's show and a solution to the Tickets.com mess.

poorlulu

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2002, 09:43:00 am »
and he's an attorney <BR>i wouldnt mess with him seth

Tixx

• http://www.tickets.com
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2002, 01:03:00 pm »
srhnelson:  Sorry I didn't comment on the problems with customer service at Tickets.com.  I'll be the first to admit that this area needs improvement (however, as a company man in a public forum, I hope you'll forgive me if I am circumspect with my comments).  I cannot even imagine what a thankless job that must be.  However, if we are going to post a customer service e-mail address, than I agree completely that we need to provide good, knowledgable responses.  That isn't happening, as you know.  From my perspective, e-mails are being sent from customers of my clients (including 9:30 Club, Wolf Trap, and many others) to the customer service office in California, where there is little, if any, knowledge of these clients and their unique issues.  Although I have many ideas on how to fix this, they are longer term solutions.  Wolf Trap has solved this problem by having the Wolf Trap e-mail address on the Tickets.com website, where someone at Wolf Trap filters through the e-mails and sends me the Tickets.com specific issues.  For the 9:30 Club, I would prefer that customer service issues either be posted under this topic or even under a new "Tickets.com Customer Service" topic, where simple issues, without the editorializing, can be posted (such as "did my order go through?" or "I haven't received my tickets-were they mailed?") type of questions can be posted (and reserve the complaints for this topic).  I check the forum at least two to three times a week and can respond accordingly.  If it's an issue I can't resolve, than I may know someone who can.  So, that's my suggestion. In the meantime, I will work with the customer service office in California to be more responsive.  What do you think?<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by srhnelson:<BR><B>Tixx...You quote me in your reply but mention nothing about the extrememly rude customer service agent and lack of reply from emailed questions/concerns (which a few people have complained about).  I think everyone can agree that computers sometimes crap out for no reason whatsoever, but Customer Service is the way to make up for that and Tickets.com hasn't shown me anything in regards to that.  I'm glad that your server can handle lots of activity for different events...buy why should you be proud of it...that's what the site is SUPPOSED to do, right?!?!?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

malimal

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2002, 09:05:00 pm »
Ah Seth, you disappoint me.  One hour until doors open and not a peep.  Why bother asking for my email and getting my hopes up that justice would be served.  Hope I can score tix at the door.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2002, 10:31:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malimal:<BR><B>Ah Seth, you disappoint me.  One hour until doors open and not a peep.  Why bother asking for my email and getting my hopes up that justice would be served.  Hope I can score tix at the door.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK, I'm an asshole. I get up today and realize that I did not check the Forum yesterday. I normally do that in the morning at the kitchen table drinking coffee, but the iBook is in the shop. once I'm at my desk I just get too swamped. so, I totally forgot that this was time-sensitive.<P>I will get a hold of you and try to make this up somehow. really sorry.

malimal

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2002, 12:33:00 pm »
No worries, I appreciate the post, but it all worked out in the end.  A few of us came down and got tickets outside the Club.  Really fun show.  Todd can still rip it up, although he used to play for 3 hours plus on the Hill back in the day.  Hope it is not another five years before they come back.  Keep the great shows coming and be back soon.

ggw

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2002, 05:32:00 pm »
This isn't so much a problem as a question of curiosity.  I tried to get a ticket for tonight's show at Olssons, but they said they can't sell tickets on the same day as the show. However, I can get them through the tickets.com website.  I'm wondering about the reasoning behind this policy.<P>Thanks

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2002, 09:47:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>I tried to get a ticket for tonight's show at Olssons, but they said they can't sell tickets on the same day as the show.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that's not anything I know about. which Olsson's was it?

ggw

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2002, 10:14:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted by Seth Hurwitz<BR><B>that's not anything I know about. which Olsson's was it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Arlington - Courthouse - 2111 Wilson Blvd.<P>

Tixx

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2002, 10:25:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>This isn't so much a problem as a question of curiosity.  I tried to get a ticket for tonight's show at Olssons, but they said they can't sell tickets on the same day as the show. However, I can get them through the tickets.com website.  I'm wondering about the reasoning behind this policy.<P>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Tixx

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2002, 10:29:00 pm »
All 9:30 events remain on sale until midnight the night of the show, so if you run into that problem in the future, kindly as the salesperson to check again, as the show should still be on sale.  My guess is that the clerk may have been confused with DC Filmfest events, currently on sale, which are not available on the day of the event, but that's just a guess.  I'll send out a reminder to Olsson's so you shouldn't have this problem again.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>This isn't so much a problem as a question of curiosity.  I tried to get a ticket for tonight's show at Olssons, but they said they can't sell tickets on the same day as the show. However, I can get them through the tickets.com website.  I'm wondering about the reasoning behind this policy.<P>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

ggw

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2002, 11:25:00 pm »
Tixx - Thanks for your response.<P>The "confused clerk" scenario is the logical guess, except there were actually four employees involved and they definitely knew I was talking about the 9:30 Club. They all seemed to concur that this was the policy.  I asked if this was really the policy (since it seemed like a funny policy) and they reiterated that they could not sell tickets for the 9:30 on the day of the show. They also mentioned that some others had just been in looking for Spiritualized tickets and said that they had checked for the others and that there were 400 tickets still left, so it likely wouldn't be a problem for me to get tickets at the door.  In the end I did get tickets at the door and saved myself some fees in the process, so no worries.  However, if there is confusion about the policy, it appears to extend beyond just a single employee.

Tixx

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2002, 02:14:00 pm »
ggw: I sent an e-mail to the Olsson's person in charge of outlet sales and she said she's on top of it, so hopefully you, or anyone else, won't have this problem again.  Thanks!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>Tixx - Thanks for your response.<P>The "confused clerk" scenario is the logical guess, except there were actually four employees involved and they definitely knew I was talking about the 9:30 Club. They all seemed to concur that this was the policy.  I asked if this was really the policy (since it seemed like a funny policy) and they reiterated that they could not sell tickets for the 9:30 on the day of the show. They also mentioned that some others had just been in looking for Spiritualized tickets and said that they had checked for the others and that there were 400 tickets still left, so it likely wouldn't be a problem for me to get tickets at the door.  In the end I did get tickets at the door and saved myself some fees in the process, so no worries.  However, if there is confusion about the policy, it appears to extend beyond just a single employee.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

bikerchickdc

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2002, 03:48:00 pm »
I can't figure out how to actually make a purchase on tickets.com.  I guess you have to create an account/profile first? No thanks.  I think  as a customer I should be allowed to decide if I want to just buy the tickets, or create a permanent account.<P>With all the $$$ collected from ticket service charges, maybe 9:30 could eliminate the middle-man and just sell tickets directly to the public.  Split the money, half for Seth and half for whoever gets the chore of printing and assembling orders.  (Of course you have to pay for the hardware first)<P>Say 9:30 sells *just* 300 pre-sale tickets over the Internet... tickets.com jacks you for like $7 per ticket.  So that's $3.50 for Seth, and $3.50 for the envelope stuffer. Times 300 tickets... over $1000 in extra pay for a real live person...  might be worth considering...

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2002, 06:17:00 pm »
wow, and then everybody could complain about how MY ticket company sucks