Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104292 times)

Jaguär

Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2002, 06:23:00 pm »
Oh, crap! You've got a point there.

bikerchickdc

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2002, 10:46:00 am »
Seth, forgive me or take this as a compliment!  But seeing as how the rest of the 9:30 pretty much runs as it should, I can't see why a ticketing system couldn't be put in place to function properly as well.<P>The difference is: to tickets.com the 9:30 is just another client, but to the 9:30 the 9:30 is the most important business in the world. Your stuff will never be as important to anyone else as it is to you...  and your staff (for the most part) actually cares about their jobs and the quality of work they do.  Not sure if the same can be said of any of the ticket services!  <P>So it stands to reason that 9:30 could make ANY new system work, be it one that sells tickets online or one that does something completely different.<P>I'm not saying taking over the ticket-selling chore would be all sh&^s and giggles, but you have to admit that someone with a personal investment in the club is going to do a better job.  Plus it will be easier to keep final sales price closer to face value for the customers.  <P>I think that's the biggest complaint with tickets.com AND ticketbastard.  It just costs too much.

emmitotter

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2002, 11:06:00 am »
my friend had a problem with tickets.com for the doves show a couple of weeks ago.  she went to pick up her tickets at will call and they didn't exist.  she had to buy another set of tickets at the window and then fight with them over the phone to credit back her account.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2002, 03:51:00 pm »
I am sure that we could set up our own ticket system. we could probably start a radio station to promote the music, or set up our own bus service to get everybody to the shows. we just would prefer to let others handle certain aspects of our business, so that we can concentrate on what we enjoy and do best.<P>those are all full-time gigs. it's not a matter of whether we are capable of it, I just don't want my business to become some unwieldly octopus. which is how I think things get impersonal, by the way.<P>the fact is, at the 930 Club itself, we do sell all our tickets with only a $1 service charge. if you want the convenience of buying them somewhere else, the people that sell them for us charge for that service. yes it sucks that it makes the ticket even more expensive, but I have yet to be able to find anyone to sell our tickets for free. and I don't want to deal with the headaches of running a ticket company. then I wouldn't have time to do things like add to this forum.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2002, 09:36:00 am »
Here is my complaint. Today, I am going to buy three different tickets. I will have to pay the $3.25 charge for each ticket to be sent to me. However, they will be sent in one envelope (as has happened in the past). Seems a bit unfair? It would seem much more efficient/fair if I could place all three in a shopping cart type of deal and then pay one $3.25 charge for them all.

Jaguär

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2002, 10:31:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>Here is my complaint. Today, I am going to buy three different tickets. I will have to pay the $3.25 charge for each ticket to be sent to me. However, they will be sent in one envelope (as has happened in the past). Seems a bit unfair? It would seem much more efficient/fair if I could place all three in a shopping cart type of deal and then pay one $3.25 charge for them all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I've noticed and complained about the same thing before. What about it Tixx? It can only help your company. I know I'm waiting to stop at the Club to buy several tickets for different dates to <B>avoid</B> all of the excessive charges leaving Tickets.com with a much smaller profit. In fact, what I save in surcharges and mailing will alone will pay for one more show! Every other e-commerce company has a shopping cart, you should too.<P>I'm willing to use Tickets.com and have used them many times but I will wait and take the chance of a show or so selling out for the load I plan on purchasing on my next trip to DC just because of all of the mailing fees even more so than the surcharges.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Jaguär (edited 08-01-2002).]

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2002, 10:40:00 am »
Are we charged the fees at Olssons?  I think I will start buying the tickets in person. Today, I just have a really crazy schedule and couldn't get to the store.

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2002, 10:46:00 am »
Yes, it is a crazy schduel when you're trying to keep up your converstions on eight different threads instead of five.  

Tixx

• http://www.tickets.com
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2002, 02:23:00 pm »
Sorry for the delay in responding...I will forward your suggestion to the appropriate parties and see what they say.  We do have the technology for shopping cart (our baseball teams and Wolf Trap use it, for instance), but it's not something that can be turned on overnight - there is a lot of programming that needs to be done first.  I'll keep you posted on the progress (or lack thereof).  Thanks!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:<BR><B>Here is my complaint. Today, I am going to buy three different tickets. I will have to pay the $3.25 charge for each ticket to be sent to me. However, they will be sent in one envelope (as has happened in the past). Seems a bit unfair? It would seem much more efficient/fair if I could place all three in a shopping cart type of deal and then pay one $3.25 charge for them all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

eagleterp

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2002, 10:40:00 am »
tickets.com is just as bad as ticketmaster.  i pay the exact same amount no matter who mails me my tickets.  the worst part is, even if i have them at the willcall office, i still get charged the same as if i get them mailed to my house.  why do i need to pay three fifty or whatever it is to pick up my ticket at willcall?  what good is competition if it does nothing to lower exorbitant service charges?

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2002, 11:13:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tixx:<BR><B>Sorry for the delay in responding...I will forward your suggestion to the appropriate parties and see what they say.  We do have the technology for shopping cart (our baseball teams and Wolf Trap use it, for instance), but it's not something that can be turned on overnight - there is a lot of programming that needs to be done first.  I'll keep you posted on the progress (or lack thereof).  Thanks! </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks! As I predicted, my three tickets arrived in one envelope, but I paid a total of $9.75 to have them sent to me.<P>

teledano

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2002, 11:23:00 am »
Service charges should just be called convenience charges across the board. if you don't get off your lazy honker like me, you call the ticketing company to buy the ticket, you're gonna pay a bit more for it, don't be so stupid to think you'd avoid it. Now, to get over it, just go to the box office and pay the ticket price plus $1.<P>that's all that service charge thing is - for your convenience of staying and ordering the tickets a la casa. simple as that. stop talking and go outside...errr...have a beer.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2002, 12:22:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by teledano:<BR><B>Service charges should just be called convenience charges across the board. if you don't get off your lazy honker like me, you call the ticketing company to buy the ticket, you're gonna pay a bit more for it, don't be so stupid to think you'd avoid it. Now, to get over it, just go to the box office and pay the ticket price plus $1.<P>that's all that service charge thing is - for your convenience of staying and ordering the tickets a la casa. simple as that. stop talking and go outside...errr...have a beer.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Excuse me, but the $9.75 in charges that I am talking about is in addition to the $4.00 per ticket convenience charge that I have already paid. I understand that if I am not able to go to the box office, I must pay some type of convenience charge. Fine. But charging me for something that isn't done (sending tickets separately) seems unfair.

teledano

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2002, 12:32:00 pm »
wait a sec, I totally agree about trimming the fat. There's no *real* reason other than to make more money for themselves. It's people who don't understand service charges that need to clam it. You've got a valid one there.