Author Topic: V Fest  (Read 45026 times)

Driveway

Re: V Fest
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »
August 4th.  Police @ Pimlico according to Cerphe on 94.7FM The Globe.

lbcardoni

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »
So with the police playing, I guess we are looking at $100+ tickets

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
Beastie Boys have been added to the lineup:

Press Release

BookerT

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
i liked this concert better the first time i saw it at charlestown raceway in west virginia in 1994.

bnyced0

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 11:47:00 am »
While I'm still Chicago bound, I'm glad to see this line-up come to the area and the expansion to 2 days it bodes well for the future.  I hope in doesnt' coincide with Lolla every year, as there will be no contest in my mind as the urban setting, ample opportunities to come and go from the fest to get decent meals, multiple after-show shows, and late night partying will trump even a better line-up in Baltimore any day.  But again it's a good sign and I'd support if there wasn't a conflict with Lolla.

PigIron

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  i liked this concert better the first time i saw it at charlestown raceway in west virginia in 1994.
If they could just add L7 to this Pimlico lineup I will be the first one in line for tickets.  I won't care how much the "fee due to the addition of the reunited Police" comes out to be.  
 Actually, I looked at Police tickets when they went on sale and the cheapest were 70 bucks from what I remember.  I'm usually willing to bust out cash for a good show, but 70 bucks for crappy seats??  If I end up paying over 100 bucks for this, I won't care.  Unless of course the rest of the lineup is atrocious.  I wasn't wild about last years lineup but still had a good time.  I'm glad they are doing it again.

bnyced0

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Smashing Pumpkins "First US Performance in 7 years"  Well that would mean they're not playing on the first night of Lolla which is not what I've heard.  Could be hyperbole, or perhaps Sir Richard doesn't know IL is in the US, or my source sucks.

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
   I hope in doesnt' coincide with Lolla every year,  
me too! but from that billboard article, heres a quote from Seth

"It's not ideal [to be the same weekend as Lollapalooza], but given the choice of booking the Police or not we had to go for it," Hurwitz says. "If anything it's probably helped us because we were able to book some bands that were out already for Lolla. Hopefully both festivals will be strong enough that it doesn't matter."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »
Did the price of tickets for Bonarro go up due the Police being on the bill?
T.Rex

shemptiness

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »
I like this quote better -

Hurwitz says the rest of the Virgin Fest lineup will be announced "when it's finished."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Smashing Pumpkins "First US Performance in 7 years"  Well that would mean they're not playing on the first night of Lolla which is not what I've heard.
really?  interesting.  i was thinking that the pumpkins would close out lolla.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »
i was hoping rage against the machine would play at this concert.

it would be a great time for their famous cover of NWA's "Fuk tha Police"
   :)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
The Pumpkins cannot close out Lollapalooza because they are playing VFest that night. What night do we know Daft Punk to be? With those two, you should be able to figure out what nights PJ and SP are.

Also, for anyone who went last year - did the headliners (or all bands) get full sets? If I get 50 minutes of Police and SP instead of fullsets I may riot.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 01:10:00 pm »
julian:  last year's line-up with timeslots.  the who played for a bit longer, and the chilis went on late and played for over an hour and a half.  so headliners got full sets, all others got an hour.

but this year's festie is 2 days, so maybe everyone will be given more time.
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
I believe Seth said 12 slots per day on 2 stages.