Author Topic: VOXTROT ROLL CALL, BITCHES!!!  (Read 7609 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
VOXTROT ROLL CALL, BITCHES!!!
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
who is coming to dance with Grace and I tomorrow?  who else is shit-their-pants level excited?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: VOXTROT ROLL CALL, BITCHES!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 06:57:00 pm »
i'll be there with a party of about a dozen ... i'm interested to see how many students show up, especially since we bought 10% of the available tickets =)
(o|o)

you be betty

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:42:00 pm »
HOW
 how did you get tickets already??!

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  i'll be there with a party of about a dozen ... i'm interested to see how many students show up, especially since we bought 10% of the available tickets =)
They were selling them in Red Square, right?

Betty, never fear, we are getting there early enough.  Hoya, can you help us out with better directions to New South Hall?  The guy from the radio station said its hard to find, but they'll have signs.  But if you could point us in the correct direction that would be amazing.

you be betty

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 07:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Graace:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
They were selling them in Red Square, right?

Betty, never fear, we are getting there early enough.  Hoya, can you help us out with better directions to New South Hall?  The guy from the radio station said its hard to find, but they'll have signs.  But if you could point us in the correct direction that would be amazing. [/b]
i'll be calling later tonight or earlier tomorrow.  we may have one more person coming.

jamh

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 08:04:00 pm »
Me + 1 !

I wouldn't say I bought tickets so much as handed over money while they took down my name.  Can't wait to re-live my college concert years.  Even though it's only been about 2 years.

ggw

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 12:23:00 am »
  directions to New South Hall?
It's not that hard to find.  

Just take Prospect Street west until it ends at 37th st. At that point, Prospect Street turns into the entrance drive for GU.  When the street curves, about a block after 37th, New South will be on your right.  It's a big old building -- hard to miss.

Basically, just go down Prospect until you can go no more, and there it is.

ImFlyin

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 03:42:00 am »
haha

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 09:50:00 am »
I'm heading up to Philly to see Wolfmother tonight. Otherwise, I would definitely be at this show.

Darth Ed

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:00 pm »
I would go, if only it were somewhere more easily accessible via Metro. As it is, I think I'll pass. I'm definitely digging Voxtrot though. Might change my mind later though if I get bored.

akaash

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 01:13:00 pm »
I'll be there. Hopefully there will be enough tickets.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
  Hoya, can you help us out with better directions to New South Hall?  The guy from the radio station said its hard to find, but they'll have signs.  But if you could point us in the correct direction that would be amazing.
http://explore.georgetown.edu/locations/index.cfm?Action=View&LocationID=38

and here's a wider view:

http://explore.georgetown.edu/maps/

just look for the horribly anachronistic cold-war-era bunker type of building
(o|o)

I Dare

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 04:53:00 pm »
i'll be there with my big headed friend.

Darth Ed

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 12:56:00 am »
Review please!

you be betty

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 01:09:00 am »
oh my GOOD GOD.  the show was AWESOME.

other than the fact that we got there at 5:30 in the cold rain to attempt to get the tickets that they wouldn't give us until 7:30, and had some time to kill (and then the show didn't even start till after 9)...it was great.  there was barely anyone there at first, but it eventually filled up and it was fabulous.  a bunch of people were able to come in for soundcheck, so that was really cool.  
 Irving opened, and i was so glad they finally came over here...they really have that Silverlake thing down so well - remind me a lot of the earlier stuff by The 88.
 and then Voxtrot were fabulous, as well.  both had us dancing the entire time   :)   they played...i think...everything off of both EP's (except now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure they didn't play Long Haul, but i don't really remember...they might have?), plus two even newer things.  it was a short but very, very good set.  they were extremely charismatic and had a lot of fun with us, and were really nice guys (who even apologized, profusely--multiple members--for not getting down here sooner).  i bet they sell out the Cat whenever they get back here.  but it will be well worth while...