Author Topic: Audio-scrobbers  (Read 11236 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: Audio-scrobbers
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2006, 12:21:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguar:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  That seems fairly unlikely, though; do you really think two people listened to Wheatus or the Legend of Zelda soundtracks in the same week?

I'm still pretty sure that at least 2 different group members must listen to any one given artist for it to show up in order to weed out the anomalies.
[/b]
It doesn't have to be in the same week except in the weekly chart specifically but you make a good point.

I can't figure out why some of us don't seem to be affecting the charts in any way. Well, there are a few bands in the charts that I listen to but most of mine are nowhere to be found but are showing up on my personal charts which tells me they are on their server but not making it over to the group. The common ones of mine are also the bands that are more commonly listened to among others so I'm not even sure if any of my listens have contributed to their presence.

I suspect that it takes at least 2 different listeners to create a 'network' within the group, so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Betty, do you have any controls at your hands that allow you to see who listened to what? Maybe in the 'Profile Editor'? [/b]
nope...they really don't give me that much stuff to do other than what anyone else has.

brennser

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:00 pm »
I did, and no Silver Screen on the charts.....

Brennser, let's try an experiment. Since I know that you and I are probably the only ones who have the following CD, sometime between now and next week, play your Silver Screen CD. Make sure you use the CD and not MP3s just to make sure that the properly tagged files get sent up since Last.FM is so picky about such things. If my theory is correct, if both of us play them, then they should show up on the next chart. If not, then I have no idea why we are being ostracized, providing it does show up on our personal charts.

BookerT

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »
man, i have a real neck-and-neck battle at the top of my charts:

Top Artists â?? Overall
 Generated: Tuesday Feb 21
 1 The Fall 1806
 1 Bob Dylan 1806

ratioci nation

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 07:10:00 pm »
will Death Cab ever be out of the top 5 of the 9:30 charts?

distance

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  will Death Cab ever be out of the top 5 of the 9:30 charts?
one can only hope.
 ...and disappear forever.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 12:06:00 am »
New group charts are up and it still looks like Brennser and I are being left out. I don't get it at all. What are we doing wrong? It's obviously going up to Last.FM because you can see our charts on our personal pages but we aren't being counted within the group charts.   :(  There's nothing about it in any of the FAQs either. Brennser and I are some of the original members too so we've passed any time limits and file numbers required before they are accounted for.

Anyone else being left off or any accounts of only playing one song and you know it's there?

ratioci nation

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 02:21:00 am »
  New group charts are up and it still looks like Brennser and I are being left out. I don't get it at all. What are we doing wrong? It's obviously going up to Last.FM because you can see our charts on our personal pages but we aren't being counted within the group charts.    :(   There's nothing about it in any of the FAQs either. Brennser and I are some of the original members too so we've passed any time limits and file numbers required before they are accounted for.

Anyone else being left off or any accounts of only playing one song and you know it's there?
a song you played this week would only have shown up on the weekly chart if 2 other people played the same song