Author Topic: Tricky Kid??  (Read 1952 times)

BabyGirl

Tricky Kid??
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:30:00 pm »
I'll mos def B at 9:30 to see Tricky ,front row and all  :D  .Never seen him before. Could anybody tell me what to expect?

TomJaworski

Re: Tricky Kid??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »
Saw Tricky almost seven years ago. A bit foggy on the details...but I remember really digging the set. He walked onstage smoking a huge blunt. Trippy lighting. I remember him shadow-kickboxing a lot. Martina was still with him at the time. She had such a great voice and was a great contrast to Tricky's wild, creepy vocals. This won't really give a great idea of what he'll be like now. His material was much better then...I haven't really been into his last few records. That being said...I'm leaning on attending the show to see what's Tricky Kid is up to....

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
Walked out of one of his shows in 1999...boring as hell. Ended up going to...you guessed it, BEN'S CHILI BOWL.

Mobius

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:08:00 pm »
Back in January 97 with Martina he put on an incredible show.  Full band.  Tons of atmosphere.  You couldn't ever really see him - he  was lit by strobes or not at all.  Really dark and menacing atmosphere but w/ Martina it was a romantic dark and menacing.  He was somewhat of a mix of Thom Yorke and Miles Davis.  Apparently he lost the plot soon thereafter.  It would be nice to see a reunion with the essential Martina.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 01:18:00 am »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Walked out of one of his shows in 1999...boring as hell. Ended up going to...you guessed it, BEN'S CHILI BOWL.
that was my first show at 930 club ... i thought it was pretty damn good, but i was also 18, what the fuck did i know!
(o|o)

distance

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:22:00 am »
i saw him back in 97 and found it to be very boring.  all i remember now at this point was that it seemed like he spent half the set standing with his back to the audience.