Author Topic: HOLY CRAP - NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM 10/10/07  (Read 55650 times)

vansmack

Re: HOLY CRAP - NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM 10/10/07
« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Hey, has anyone here seen "Festival Express?"

Very cool movie.  Excellent footage of prime-Dead, when Jerry was captain trips and not the more grandfatherly figure he came to be, and particularly memorable footage of Janis (best example of why she was so beloved I've seen).  The footage on the train (esp. impromptu jam sessions) and offstage was very inciteful, and like the Last Waltz, I thought it effectively took you to the mindset of the moment. [/b]
Any GGW sightings?  I'm pretty sure he was there.
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #376 on: January 09, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »
I definitely wouldn't mind RFK as much.
احمد

« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I definitely wouldn't mind RFK as much.
I'm not sure if they're booking concerts or just the Pope and baseball but the new stadium is supposed to be green.
xoxo

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2008, 12:26:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Los Angeles
 Santa Barbara
 Seattle
I will call bullshit on their CO2 crap then because those three cities have some of the worst public transportation in America. [/b]
how dramatic.  indeed, their ENTIRE claim to taking CO2 emissions as a consideration is a complete farce.  3 cities out of 20+... abject failure!

another factor the band indoubtedly is how far away people live from the venue.  they don't want to play in the middle of a cornfield.  they're trying to minimize impact, not completely overcome it.
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #379 on: January 10, 2008, 12:59:00 am »
Originally posted by Mobius:

Hey, has anyone here seen "Festival Express?"

Very cool movie.  Excellent footage of prime-Dead, when Jerry was captain trips and not the more grandfatherly figure he came to be, and particularly memorable footage of Janis (best example of why she was so beloved I've seen).  The footage on the train (esp. impromptu jam sessions) and offstage was very inciteful, and like the Last Waltz, I thought it effectively took you to the mindset of the moment. [/b]
I couldn't agree more.  Fantastic movie.  The footage of them all just jamming on the train was terrific.  I can never get enough Janis.  Any footage of Pigpen is worth seeing.  I need to watch this again.  Thanks for the reminder.

I sat behind Ian MacKaye at the screening I went to.   True story.

Summerteeth

« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
Ed O'Brien was on WRNR via telephone this morning and said the DC date will be in May.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 that issue (16.01, Jan'08) also has a great article by byrne on the future of the music industry.  his main point: digital distro isn't a threat, it presents increadible opportunity to all artists.  instead of being stuck in one business model, he sketches out 6 that vary from full control by record company to complete freedom (self-distribution).  a recommended read.
finally online  here
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
because some threads never die...

in case you somehow missed the noise:

Download Amplive's Rainydayz Remixes, an 8-track collection featuring remixes of Radiohead's historic seventh album, In Rainbows. The songs are available in a zip file (MP3 @ 192 kbps) and feature verses courtesy of Too $hort, MC Zumbi of Zion I, Chali2na of Jurassic 5, and Del the Funky Homosapien.

it's a good album, i enjoyed my first listen.  back in december  wired claimed that you could get a 320 kbps copy by forwarding your receipt for the original In Rainbows - i've just tried that, i'll let you know if it works or if the offer has been rescinded.  

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I was thinking that too but really really really hope I'm wrong.

I'm assuming from the previous Thom Yorke interview, the "Washington D.C." date will be "Gallery Place/Chinatown"

Brian
[/b]
bet now you wish you were right, huh?
<sig>