Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313887 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1740 on: October 15, 2015, 05:26:14 pm »
that was not a grouchy comment.  I do enjoy when those bands come around to the excitement of certain people here.  its fun to read.  grouchy.  I enjoy that word, as well.

hutch

« Reply #1741 on: October 15, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »
Luna.. yes I miss you.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1742 on: October 15, 2015, 09:38:36 pm »
Luna.. yes I miss you.

Been listening to Luna virtually all week. Between that and Ride, those were my favorite shows of the year. I know Wire will be in the list, as will Fleetwood Mac. After that, it's going to be tough to narrow down 10 shows. So much great live music this year.

Yada

« Reply #1743 on: October 16, 2015, 09:11:07 am »
I enjoy those times when that one grouchy forum member, that member that loses their shit over seemingly everything for awhile, at the enjoyment of the forum reader public.....

A+

Relaxer

« Reply #1744 on: October 16, 2015, 09:55:44 am »
Strip away all of its meaning and context and 'grouchy' would be a fun way to refer to your lap.
oword

Unsanity

« Reply #1745 on: October 18, 2015, 04:35:16 am »
Anyone else make it out to Dungen? They sounded good and some guy proposed to his fiance on stage (she said yes haha). It sucks they had a dance party scheduled for later that night. Dungen had to cut their set short and only played like an hour. 

« Reply #1746 on: October 19, 2015, 12:55:23 pm »
was really looking forward to the postcoital banter from the BlowTel's  Air Sex Championship
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1748 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:11 am »
Fun time at Eternal Summers/S/Lucy Dacus last night despite Wildhoney dropping off last minute. Really weird turnout: both Eternal Summers and Wildhoney hit Richmond this summer at another venue and drew ~150 each; combine the two onto one bill and only get ~30. Probably tried coming back too soon.

Good show all around. Lucy Dacus is a Richmond act very similar to Waxahatchee. S I wasn't familiar with going into but was a very pleasant surprise, played several different styles and was all around great. I turned up buying their LP. (HOBO SHOWS ALERT FOR HUTCH: Feel bad for the band, they apparently are dead broke, was openly begging from stage for anyone to drive them to Charlotte so they could make their next show.) Eternal Summers remains fantastic and I don't understand why they aren't bigger.

LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #1749 on: October 20, 2015, 10:00:31 am »
Eternal Summers should be much bigger. They played Comet a few months ago and also to a very small crowd. No clue as to Sunday's turnout seeing as I wasn't there. Strange that Wildhoney dropped off given that Killsaly and I caught them the night before in Baltimore.
احمد

« Reply #1750 on: October 20, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
Strange that Wildhoney dropped off given that Killsaly and I caught them the night before in Baltimore.
Perhaps the venue informed them they had only sold like 25 tickets and decided it wasn't worth their time to drive to RVA to split $200 with Eternal Summers.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1751 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:17 am »
Alan was probably exhausted.  He played 14 sets at CMJ between Wildhoney and Expert Alterations.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1752 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08:11 am »
Don't think they are friends.

Assuming Damon and Naomi didn't make an appearance? They're still in Boston I think.

they are definitely not friends.... unless something has changed since the writing of Dean's book....

Nice work Kubacheck!
http://www.nyctaper.com/2015/10/luna-october-2-2015-terminal-west-atlanta/

azaghal1981

« Reply #1753 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:00 am »
Fun time at Eternal Summers/S/Lucy Dacus last night despite Wildhoney dropping off last minute. Really weird turnout: both Eternal Summers and Wildhoney hit Richmond this summer at another venue and drew ~150 each; combine the two onto one bill and only get ~30. Probably tried coming back too soon.

Good show all around. Lucy Dacus is a Richmond act very similar to Waxahatchee. S I wasn't familiar with going into but was a very pleasant surprise, played several different styles and was all around great. I turned up buying their LP. (HOBO SHOWS ALERT FOR HUTCH: Feel bad for the band, they apparently are dead broke, was openly begging from stage for anyone to drive them to Charlotte so they could make their next show.) Eternal Summers remains fantastic and I don't understand why they aren't bigger.

Ouch
Attendance must not be very good on this tour.
احمد

« Reply #1754 on: October 22, 2015, 10:29:56 am »
They have a point. Just looked at the Richmond event page from Monday. 210 "attendings" and 34 "maybes". There was literally maybe 30-40 people watching the show and that includes members of the other bands as there is no backstage at Strange Matter. I just chalked it up to market saturation since the two headliners had been in town so recently + a Monday + the first unseasonably cold night of the year. Sorry to hear the rest of the tour is shaping up the same way.
LVMH