Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1312755 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4395 on: April 22, 2022, 08:15:10 am »
Agree

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4396 on: April 22, 2022, 09:08:22 am »
Another fun day in the Space house

Space Freely

« Reply #4397 on: April 22, 2022, 09:29:21 am »
Another fun day in the Space house

I rubbed he shoulders and said nice things for a couple of minutes. That seemed to improve the mood.

Space Freely

« Reply #4398 on: April 22, 2022, 06:12:45 pm »
I forgot to share my favorite line from the Big Thief show.

There was a black couple in llne in front of me (two women, I think but I'm not sure...I am sure they were the only POC I saw at the show...) and talking to them was a woman about my age, alone, who told them "Yes, masks are required tonight. By artist's request. I think they're from Europe."

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4399 on: April 22, 2022, 07:45:25 pm »
Solid Fontaines D.C. show last night. Glad I went.  End of banter.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4400 on: April 25, 2022, 09:17:47 am »
The GY!BE's were great. Dark. Beautiful. Dark. Would see again.

I saw the last half of the last song from the opener. Really liked it, wished I had gotten there early.

I parked in the 9:30 lot. Its far away, expensive and not *exactly* paved. The potholes could swallow my car.

The guy in front of me...lost his ability to stand still. He never fell, but was very unstable. It only got worse as the show went on. His friend didn't seem to notice. I considered alerting the staph, but decided against it.

I never figured out what the stretcher was for. Saw EMS go in, but never saw them leave. Presume it was an upstairs or downstairs issue.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4401 on: April 25, 2022, 12:39:45 pm »
I never figured out what the stretcher was for. Saw EMS go in, but never saw them leave. Presume it was an upstairs or downstairs issue.

the EMT's were all big fans for Godspeed!, but were unfortunately scheduled to work last night... so they dialed in "an emergency" that just happened to be at the show, and took the entire duration of the show to resolve.  then a miracle happened: just as the show was ending, the patient got better and walked away!  protip: if you ever need guaranteed rail, show up with a stretcher and a first aid kit.  boom.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4402 on: May 13, 2022, 12:39:48 pm »
Doug Martsch is a gawt damn guitar god... so underrated and so good.

The new three piece all female rhythm section absolutely crushed last night... old classics, a couple newer tunes, and a brand new single.

The club was probably at 75% capacity,  a absolute pleasure to be in.

« Reply #4403 on: May 13, 2022, 01:08:34 pm »
that is always the best capacity for a show.  Sold out sucks and just awkward when 25%
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #4404 on: May 13, 2022, 02:57:26 pm »
Interpol the other night was quite possibly the best I've ever seen them. Stunning light, sound and excellent setlist. My best Anthem experience so far.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4405 on: May 13, 2022, 05:08:08 pm »
Interpol the other night was quite possibly the best I've ever seen them. Stunning light, sound and excellent setlist. My best Anthem experience so far.

I refused to go after being bored to tears during two of their shows in the past. Setlist did look great though and heard opener Tycho was solid as well.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 07:13:08 pm by Schulzenstein »

Bagley

« Reply #4406 on: May 13, 2022, 05:21:57 pm »

The new three piece all female rhythm section absolutely crushed last night... old classics, a couple newer tunes, and a brand new single.

Sorry I missed but glad he didn't play BeeGees or D. Johnston cover.  Had my sights on that show for years.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4407 on: May 16, 2022, 06:09:30 pm »
sigur ros was... sigur ros.  either you're into humans imitating whale mating songs with some occasional drums plodding at 52 bpm, or you're not.  i was up for such noise so i loved the show.  very cinematic and emotional, IMO.  the music didn't work for the missus who, while being a good sport, generally wished she had stayed home.  admittedly Jonsi's vocals were high in the mix and at times a little distorted, accordingly the missus preferred the purely instrumental parts.  they played for some 2.5 hours, with an intermission.  a few pix.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4408 on: May 16, 2022, 11:45:13 pm »
their debut album sounds so dated now...

I refused to go after being bored to tears during two of their shows in the past. Setlist did look great though and heard opener Tycho was solid as well.
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4409 on: May 16, 2022, 11:46:08 pm »
Cate LeBon cover I think.... I didn't go but I think that's what I saw on setlist.fm

Sorry I missed but glad he didn't play BeeGees or D. Johnston cover.  Had my sights on that show for years.
(_|_)