Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here  (Read 25797 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Lollapalooza 2007 line up - post here
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2007, 07:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 Fuck it.  Y'all convinced me.  I'm in. All that's left are bowl tickets, & I want field ones.  Anybody else coming up to BK with me????  I now see the light . . .    :D  
you have chosen... wisely.

unfortunately i won't be able to join you - i have tickets to see muse + CWK that night, and since i'll be fresh back from my 3-week vacation it would be a bad time to ask to take friday off.  dang, i do like me some muse but would prefer another dose o' daft...
<sig>

SalParadise

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

Should I just say fuck it and toss caution to the wind???  Are they really that good???? [/b]
yes and yes.

the coachella set is the only video i have loaded up on my iPod... and i'll still catch a peek of it every now and then just to kinda relive it. and i feel kinda corny doing it.. but it was that good.

SalParadise

« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1354792744516813690&q=daft+punk+coachella&total=384&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

that's the video you wanna see. from like 15:00 to around 16:30 they do this great "television rules the nation"->"crescendolls"->"television"... then it just took off to another level from there on out..

TheDirector217

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by SalParadise:
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1354792744516813690&q=daft+punk+coachella&total=384&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

that's the video you wanna see. from like 15:00 to around 16:30 they do this great "television rules the nation"->"crescendolls"->"television"... then it just took off to another level from there on out..
Your descriptions (previous posts included) have just taken this show from a really-want-to-see to a be-damned-if-I-miss-it show.

SalParadise

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »

Originally posted by SalParadise:

Your descriptions (previous posts included) have just taken this show from a really-want-to-see to a be-damned-if-I-miss-it show. [/b]
nice. i'll be at the coney island show too... i'll wave to you from the field

Bags

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
Okay, I'm catching the Police at Madison Square Garden Friday night, and not getting to Chicago until Saturday morning.  

Bearman, we should exchange cell phone #s.  

Do we know if Kurosawa is going this year??

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »
I'm definitely going. Send me your cell phone number. I'll do the same. I'm flying into CHI  Thursday night and staying the whole fest. And I'll be there from the time gates open to when they close. There are a bunch of bands I want to see that are first on stage.

bearman🐻

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »
I've got to work late into Friday, so I'm missing Daft Punk...argh. I'll be flying out on Saturday. Bags, I will e-mail you my info. But for now, I'm SO friggin' excited about my Social D road trip. I'm going to drive through Minnesota and check out the Norton's, Greg Norton's (Husker Du) restaurant. Call me totally insane, but it's really going to be a fun trip.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2007, 11:03:00 am »
Has anyone stayed at the Hostelling International? I heard good things about the place and I want to check it out even for one night.
(_|_)

bnyced0

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2007, 11:09:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  Has anyone stayed at the Hostelling International? I heard good things about the place and I want to check it out even for one night.
If you're talking about the one down on Congress, I stayed there in 2000 for the (then) second to last Smashing Pumpkins show at the United Center. I literally was just looking for a safe place to store my stuff and catch a quick nap before an early flight the next day.  But it was modern, clean, and very well located.  I think there were like four beds per room (bunk beds maybe), and sorta like gynasium bathrooms for showering and err $#@!ing.  I don't think I would have spent more than a few hours over one night there, but for a quick in and out it seemed cool and it's super close to Grant Park.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
   and sorta like gynasium bathrooms for showering and err $#@!ing.
please, do elaborate.  are you saying that lodging comes with free entertainment at this establishment?
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by bnyced0:
   and sorta like gynasium bathrooms for showering and err $#@!ing.
please, do elaborate.  are you saying that lodging comes with free entertainment at this establishment? [/b]
To be honest, after that pumpkins show I was so bombed out that anything could've been happening in there and I would have slept right through it so unfortunately I'm not the go-to-guy for info on extracurricular activities....but wasn't there just a movie out about hostels where not so good stuff happened to horn dogs....?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »
MMJ will be playing with orchestral accompaniment, according to this NYT article on indie artists going symphonic:

Segue From â??Gigiâ?? to Geek-Chic Indie Rock
 Faced with declining attendance, pops orchestras try to lure younger, hipper fans.

<snip>

And now orchestras are even infiltrating rock events. At the Lollapalooza festival in August in Chicago, the Southern rockers My Morning Jacket will appear with the Chicago Youth Symphony. Last summer the band played Bostonâ??s Edgefest with an 80-piece orchestra. Jim James, the lead singer, said that he liked to play orchestra dates because they pushed the band out of its comfort zone.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
very, very old news!  :)

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  MMJ will be playing with orchestral accompaniment
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2007, 10:40:00 pm »