Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242959 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4635 on: June 12, 2014, 10:44:00 am »
This article does a very nice job (except for leaving off all of Connecticut, but I'm not going there anyway) of summarizing things.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2014/06/11/50-new-england-breweries-visit-summer/

Wish I could find a nice summary article like this for my Colorado trip, but personal research is always fun as well.

Researching my August road trip to Maine, I can across this rather funny review of a place in Portland:

let me know what you find - we're heading up there in July and I think i have my bases pretty well covered but you never know

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #4636 on: June 12, 2014, 11:43:30 am »
Wish I could find a nice summary article like this for my Colorado trip, but personal research is always fun as well.

If you want to keep track of any special events happening when you are in Colorado, read this post every week:  http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2014/06/avery_and_river_north_get_sour_boulder_beer_and_great_divide_have_birthdays.php

Yada

« Reply #4637 on: June 17, 2014, 11:17:42 am »
Illuminati Bottle #1 was quite delicious.

What we have for you is a representation of Pandemic Porter 3 ways. We have taken fresh Pandemic and blended it with rye whiskey aged Pandemic that we had in a barrel for almost a year, and also Pandemic that we aged in a Catoctin Creek whiskey barrel that was formerly used to age maple syrup. This release is a stunning exhibit of the amazing flavor profiles that can be derived from different methods of barrel aging, and we hope you enjoy it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4638 on: June 17, 2014, 11:54:11 am »
Researching my August road trip to Maine, I can across this rather funny review of a place in Portland:

let me know what you find - we're heading up there in July and I think i have my bases pretty well covered but you never know

if you're roadtripping, you should be able to easily hit up treehouse and jack's abbey.  treehouse is growlers only, but it's worth it if they are filling any of their excellent IPAs.

James Ford

« Reply #4639 on: June 17, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
I don't think either of them fit the geographic and/or time parameters of my trip. Though I'll certainly have Jack's Abbey bottles on my radar screen for the suitcase home.

Looks like plenty of excellent possibilities in Maine, as well as potential Boston area visits to Trillium, Night Shift, and um, Harpoon.

if you're roadtripping, you should be able to easily hit up treehouse and jack's abbey.  treehouse is growlers only, but it's worth it if they are filling any of their excellent IPAs.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4640 on: June 17, 2014, 12:02:49 pm »
I don't think either of them fit the geographic and/or time parameters of my trip. Though I'll certainly have Jack's Abbey bottles on my radar screen for the suitcase home.

Looks like plenty of excellent possibilities in Maine, as well as potential Boston area visits to Trillium, Night Shift, and um, Harpoon.

night shift sours are awesome. i recommended harpoon a while back, glad you'll drop in. even BA agrees it's great! http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/98/

James Ford

« Reply #4641 on: June 17, 2014, 12:10:29 pm »
My hotel is 0.5 miles from Harpoon and 0.4 miles from Trillium. I'd be a fool not to go.

Night Shift of course is a bit more of a trek, but that's why god made running shoes.

night shift sours are awesome. i recommended harpoon a while back, glad you'll drop in. even BA agrees it's great! http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/98/

stevewizzle

« Reply #4642 on: June 17, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »
outside those two breweries, you're kind of in a craft beer wasteland as far as boston goes.

James Ford

« Reply #4643 on: June 17, 2014, 01:51:07 pm »
Fortunately, I'll have plenty of evening time free to head to Cambridge (and Night Shift).

outside those two breweries, you're kind of in a craft beer wasteland as far as boston goes.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4644 on: June 18, 2014, 05:10:15 pm »
i had a beer for the first time since last september.  it was a special occasion and i only had one.  it was founders devil dancer.  so, damn, good.   

Yada

« Reply #4645 on: June 18, 2014, 05:11:32 pm »
i had a beer for the first time since last september.  it was a special occasion and i only had one.  it was founders devil dancer.  so, damn, good.   

what...was...the...occasion?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4646 on: June 18, 2014, 05:16:17 pm »
anniversary.  you know, what is odd; i still dont miss excellent beer.  and good lord, the price of those things should make anybody want to stop, as well.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4647 on: June 18, 2014, 05:59:25 pm »
anniversary.  you know, what is odd; i still dont miss excellent beer.  and good lord, the price of those things should make anybody want to stop, as well.

you forgot to log in to the james ford account

James Ford

« Reply #4648 on: June 18, 2014, 06:43:54 pm »
$5/12 oz. 13% abv. Two of them for $10 is equivalent to a $10 bottle of wine.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4649 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »

you forgot to log in to the james ford account

how, dare you