Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1312589 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2175 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:05 am »
Hey Richmond, it was nice seeing you yesterday, along with a fellow boardie.

Maymont=great place to see a show, I'lll explore more next time.
Gillian+Dave=awesome show, best show of year for me
The Veil=Awesome beer and nice space
The Answer=Awesome beer
Mekong=$8 snifter of Bon Chien, enough said

Is the Answer/Mekong two different spots or connected? Can you order Mekong food in The Answer Brewpub?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2176 on: August 22, 2016, 01:18:01 pm »
Is the Answer/Mekong two different spots or connected? Can you order Mekong food in The Answer Brewpub?
They are in the same strip mall but they are different units (with some other random place in between the two).

I don't know specifically if you can take food from one into the other but The Answer's menu is basically smaller version of Mekong extremely-large menu.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:21:49 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2177 on: August 22, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »
They are in the same strip mall but they are different units (with some other random place in between the two).

I don't know specifically if you can take food from one into the other but The Answer's menu is basically smaller version of Mekong extremely-large menu.

The Answer menu:

http://theanswerbrewpub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Brewpub-Dinner.pdf

Mekong menu:

http://mekongisforbeerlovers.com/food/

One noticeable difference is that the Answer has Bahn Mi sandwiches and Mekong does not.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2178 on: August 22, 2016, 02:29:50 pm »
fields fest was great - I really hope they can continue to have these..I get the feeling they lost money again, but we will see.

I drank whisky until 4:30am Sunday morning, which probably wasn't the brightest idea....so I drove home and missed all of sundays shows....which I thought was the strongest day...or at least, most of the bands I wanted to see played Sunday.  If they have this again, I'm taking off the Monday after the festival.

Had a load of fun Friday night, hung out in the pool watching Eartheater and Pictureplane.  TT the artist was off the hook.

prince rama stole the show for me saturday night (whisky/beer may have helped...i think i was at peak drunkess at that point).  After almost being run over by Twig Harper driving a golf cart, I enjoyed seeing fLUCT perform (weird dance act....probably former mica students).  Rounded out the night by a 3am Darsombra performance.

I ended up camping in the same exact spot I did last fields fest (in the "quiet camping") area ....and killsaly joined us saturday night.  It's good for shade...enough trees around so it stays shaded until about 11am....then the shade comes back around 4pm or so.  If they have another one, I may try to camp deeper in the woods, or down by the lake.  The main thing (other than shade) that is nice about the quiet camping area is that if you get there early enough Friday, you can drive right in and drop your gear off.  Anywhere else, you are going to have to lug it.

Yada

« Reply #2179 on: August 22, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »

The Answer menu:

http://theanswerbrewpub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Brewpub-Dinner.pdf

Mekong menu:

http://mekongisforbeerlovers.com/food/

One noticeable difference is that the Answer has Bahn Mi sandwiches and Mekong does not.

So what would make a thrifty guy like yourself even want to go to Mekong?

Edit: taking this to the beer thread.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:40:56 pm by Yada »

killsaly

« Reply #2180 on: August 23, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »
fields fest was great - I really hope they can continue to have these..I get the feeling they lost money again, but we will see
I also hope they keep doing these...

I wrote about my weekend in this thead.
http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=24319.msg441223#msg441223

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2181 on: August 23, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »
reminder: at 8:30 tonight, the Tragically Hip will be playing their final concert.  watch/listen at http://www.cbcmusic.ca/TheHip, youtube, SiriusXM and other sources - details.

i watched the concert on saturday.  i watched it alone at my in-laws in VT, on my cellphone (it has a better screen than the crappy laptop i brought).  but i was not really alone: approximately a third of canada also watched the show.  only the gold medal hockey game in vancouver had higher viewership.  the CBC aired the concert, uninterrupted - an amazing thing considering it was prime-time saturday night, during the olympics.  that's a lot of lost ad revenue.  from coast to coast, people gathered in parks, community centers and bars for public viewing parties, or at private ones like every one of my friends seemed to be at.  it was one of those rare national, communal moments.  it was all for music.

speaking of music, the performance itself was solid, they played a lot of hits and rarities, and it was packed with emotion, but it was not the best hip show i've seen or watched.  gord did an incredible job for someone who recently completed both chemo- and radiotherapy and was playing his 15th show of the tour.  he predictably didn't have the energy he used to, he didn't play guitar, etc.  but even in his weakened state he put on a 30-song, 3-hour show and proved that he was still a captivating (and emotional) frontman. 

the band has not said this was their final show, only that future plans will depend on gord's health.  if we never get another note for them, the hip will have provided the soundtrack to several generations of canucks and a farewell performance that millions will remember.

in case any of the above was interesting to you, here's a bit more:
The Tragically Hip, the band all of Canada is obsessed with, explained
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/23/12575952/tragically-hip-last-concert
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2182 on: August 23, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
The only thing I want to know, no, need to know, is how blue was your tuxedo?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2183 on: August 24, 2016, 10:07:06 am »
The only thing I want to know, no, need to know, is how blue was your tuxedo?

this was an old school event, so it clearly called for acid washed.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2184 on: September 01, 2016, 10:34:30 pm »
drove by the State Theatre tonight..tons of people outside waiting to get in for the Mountain Goats.. I thought I spotted Bagley.. looked like he's dyed his hair red

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2185 on: September 02, 2016, 10:29:01 am »
I was there and I can absolutely confirm that I have no idea what bagley looks like.

hutch

« Reply #2186 on: September 02, 2016, 10:35:52 am »
I was there and I can absolutely confirm that I have no idea what bagley looks like.

stocky latino.. dark black hair.. had a giant streak of red.. wearing a black shirt...

hutch

« Reply #2187 on: September 02, 2016, 10:36:14 am »

how was show? looked good...

Bagley

« Reply #2188 on: September 02, 2016, 11:15:44 am »
drove by the State Theatre tonight..tons of people outside waiting to get in for the Mountain Goats.. I thought I spotted Bagley.. looked like he's dyed his hair red

That was my buddy Lil Red,  I was the one in the wolf costume.....The concert was wonderful.

hutch

« Reply #2189 on: September 02, 2016, 11:58:55 am »
Hey people we need details on the concerts. how was Bruce or is he still playing?