Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313730 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1680 on: October 08, 2015, 08:19:43 am »
.......I'm going to the Boston gig and it's been sold out for some time. Hoping the Bostonians are a good crowd.  

you weren't by any chance wearing a Feelies t-shirt, were you?

Yup!

Bagley

« Reply #1681 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:08 am »
Luna's long awaited 9:30 club appearance was scintillating.  Gave me goosebumps all show long.  I couldn't agree more with Hutch's assessment of the importance of the interplay between Dean and Sean.  It was the driving force of the band. Sean seemed extremely pumped just to be there. He's a very impressive guitar player.

Bearman-it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  Enjoy Luna's beantown gig.

Oh and how annoying was the knucklehead in the crowd who would not stop screaming Hot F'n Luna all night?

« Reply #1682 on: October 08, 2015, 09:22:51 am »
who would not stop screaming Hot F'n Luna all night?
Space, how could you!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1683 on: October 08, 2015, 09:27:53 am »
Space, how could you!
That's a crappy thing to yell. I yell the same things at every concert: "I like music!" and "Play the song on the radio!" When you pick the same two things to yell at every concert, you get really good at it.
LVMH

« Reply #1684 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:57 am »
Space, how could you!
That's a crappy thing to yell. I yell the same things at every concert: "I like music!" and "Play the song on the radio!" When you pick the same two things to yell at every concert, you get really good at it.
"Freebird" has been my goto since the early 90's
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #1685 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:36 am »
I have a bootleg of a Pumpkins show I was at in 1993 where you can clearly hear dudes yelling "Freebird!" and "FIRE! FIRE!" a la Beavis. I couldn't hear what the guy was yelling at Luna, but now I'm glad I missed it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1686 on: October 08, 2015, 12:24:21 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrgwZsGC9A

Imagine the shitstorm if this would've ended up on the internet the following morning. Especially the vile/totally uncalled for Hitler stuff.

احمد

« Reply #1687 on: October 08, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrgwZsGC9A

Imagine the shitstorm if this would've ended up on the internet the following morning. Especially the vile/totally uncalled for Hitler stuff.

"freebird, the mantra of the morons"

his last line is classic though..."I don't think this is going to be a get laid set for me"
slack

azaghal1981

« Reply #1688 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »
I know the whole show was up there at one point. Maybe it still is. I haven't checked. That was the fourth or fifth time he was interrupted if I remember right.
احمد

Kubacheck

« Reply #1689 on: October 08, 2015, 04:32:39 pm »
.......I'm going to the Boston gig and it's been sold out for some time. Hoping the Bostonians are a good crowd.  

Yup!

ah, well there you go, my first interaction with a boardie...... that I know of....  that was my copy of the setlist you took a photo of after the show.... while we were chatting about all things Feelies and Luna, I recall you mentioning you were going to Boston.....

Kubacheck

« Reply #1690 on: October 08, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »
Space, how could you!
"Freebird" has been my goto since the early 90's

don't shout it out to this guy either, you might just get what you've asked for plus a little more....

https://youtu.be/izYezIm6KAw
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:39:47 pm by Kubacheck »

killsaly

« Reply #1691 on: October 08, 2015, 04:44:08 pm »
RE: Chameleons VOX

Let me preface this by saying, before this year, I am not sure that I had ever heard of the Chameleons, let alone heard their music, or know what Chameleons VOX was supposed to be.  I initially was interested in the show because Cleveland post-punk band Pleasure Leftists were on the bill.  I really love that band, and the last time they came around here was four years ago - and right before I started to get into them.  So I checked out Chameleons (mainly focusing on Script of the Bridge since it was what they were going to play) and really dug what I heard.

I arrived at the show during the second openers last song.  The first two things I noticed were that the Metro Gallery was packed to the gills, and that it was extremely hot.  It was so hot that the walls were dripping.  It was pretty miserable and to top that off, one of the openers had filled the place with their fog machine.

I bolted for the outside, ran into Vas, chilled for a minute, and then took a spot by the stage for Pleasure Leftists.  They did not disappoint.  Their frontperson Haley was a beast (even if Vas claims she had one move) and basically ran in place/danced/punched the air for around half an hour while howling.  The band was tight (though the sound was bass guitar heavy where i was since I was on his side of the stage and getting lots of volume from his amp and the monitors.   The set was a nice mix of old and new songs. 

After that, I had to get some air, so we went to get Vas popcorn and move my car closer while Chameleons Vox setup. 

There was no way I was going anywhere near the stage for their set.  It was way too hot, and I knew they were going to play one whole album and an encore of anywhere from three to SEVEN songs... I cant stress how hot this place was; there was no way I could even have had one beer and had to drink three glasses of water AND leave the venue several times during their set to get air (to not get dehydrated; it worked, I was fine this morning).  Back to the music.  It was great.  The songs sounded good and the crowd LOVED it.  The average age was 50.  They were enthusiastic, and lots of singing and dancing was done.  They played for around 100 minutes.  I lost count but I think they did four encore songs.  I spent most of the set by the side of the stage near the door, but also hung with some people at the back.

After it was finished I hung around and chatted with the singer of Pleasure Leftists (we have a mutual friend) and she even gave me a free CD of her solo project after I told her how much I dig it. I regret not getting a poster, they were nice and only ten dollars, but I did not bring any cash.  I did find a poster for last week's UN Fest; thankfully (I have posters for all the UN fest I have attended so far). 

It was fun.  I am glad I was able to see this music live. I get that it is basically a cover band, but mark is a great frontman and the musicians he had with him were all talented.  It was even cool how the new guitarist had to ask about how to play like three of the songs (he was JUST brought on after another guitarist had to drop for an emergency, which Mark also addressed to the crowd). 

bearman🐻

« Reply #1692 on: October 08, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

Yup!

ah, well there you go, my first interaction with a boardie...... that I know of....  that was my copy of the setlist you took a photo of after the show.... while we were chatting about all things Feelies and Luna, I recall you mentioning you were going to Boston.....

That's too funny...someone said that half the audience was boardies and they were totally right!

gavroche

« Reply #1693 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:18 am »
I like Kurt Vile's albums a lot and have seen him in concert a couple of times and always had a good time.  Last night's show was horrible though.  Definitely the worst gig I went to this year.  He just looked like a sloppy mess.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1694 on: October 09, 2015, 09:04:36 am »
I tried to sway people on here toward Michael Chapman/Ryley Walker instead. Just sayin'.

Edit: Waxahatchee's always good, though. Hopefully you got there in time for her set.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:10:06 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد