Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2121623 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6210 on: October 25, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »
Did a guest mix on Transit.Fm a couple weeks ago for East Coast Trax. The podcast is up today! Check it outtttt

https://soundcloud.com/classicaltrax/east-coast-trax-10-10-16w-callosum-and-the-clown-prince
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #6211 on: October 25, 2016, 06:11:02 pm »

hutch

« Reply #6212 on: October 25, 2016, 07:00:42 pm »

I'd like to say you have not lived until you've heard the 20th Century Steel Band version of "Shaft" but it would be a lie...

hutch

« Reply #6213 on: October 25, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »

now this is more like it! Real good funky soul jazz....

hutch

« Reply #6214 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:25 pm »
all that Chuck Berry talk led to AC/DC Highway to Hell

now i'm kind of bummed.. all my musical heroes are fading....sad about Malcolm....

amazing the song Touch too much has the backing vocal arrangements just like Def Leppard.. coincidence? no.. producer Mutt Lange.... this was probably Mutt's first decent small size hit album...

hutch

« Reply #6215 on: October 26, 2016, 08:55:22 pm »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #6216 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:39 am »
every song, that the strokes have ever put out, back to back.  I like, to do stuff like that.

yes, hutch . . . I said, the strokes

UHHH,hhhhhhh

hutch

« Reply #6217 on: October 27, 2016, 12:51:07 pm »
Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

I love returning to it after a long break.. its just so frickin' good...

hutch

« Reply #6218 on: October 27, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »

oh gosh that picture is blurry

hutch

« Reply #6219 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »

oh my..that's flashy

walkie,talkie

« Reply #6220 on: October 27, 2016, 04:22:22 pm »
you could, just post what you are listening to, without the photo.

animal collective and their song, golden gal, off painting with, is such a damn good song.

hutch

« Reply #6221 on: October 27, 2016, 06:19:57 pm »
you could, just post what you are listening to, without the photo.

I just don't feel good about doing that...different strokes for different folks...

« Reply #6222 on: October 27, 2016, 06:21:54 pm »

oh my..that's flashy
well...is it any good?
and you do take some god awful photos of intimate objects

slack

hutch

« Reply #6223 on: October 27, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

oh my..that's flashy
well...is it any good?
and you do take some god awful photos of intimate objects

my pre de-sensitivity training self would have taken strong issue with your statement about my photographic skills but my new self shakes it off..

I have only listened to it one time... I think if you took this record and Freeman, jumbled them together and had Gener sing 3 of the songs on the Deaner Album,  well.. you'd have a great record....

There's some great stuff on the record... song 2 I love (Exercise Man)....the first track really does sound like Dickie Betts.. its like  a weird reworking of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed....very nice...Deaner's voice is absolutely horrible on some songs though.... there's 2-3 instrumentals that sound like inferior A Tear for Eddies.. at least to me.. but maybe they will grow on me... there's one track that sounds like a Prince funk workout...which I like.... there's some smokin' guitarwork all over it.... one song is kinda funny but kind of horrible...

I got it for $8.99 so I think its a nice deal.. there are a lot of familiar names. .pretty much everyone ever linked to Deaner or even Ween is on it....except Gener.... like I said I can't help but think some of these songs with Gener singing would have been great....CLaude is on a track, Dreiwitz, Glenn...all on it... produced or engineered mixed by Chris Shaw who did White Pepper except one track by Andrew Weiss who did all the earlier ones...

too bad the last Dean Ween band drew so few people at the 930 since it means they will probably never come back.. I'd go see them now, having listened to the album...

oh mike hampton is on it (of parliament-funkadelic) and one of the songs says its co-written with shider.. i wonder if its gary shider of parliament-funkadelic?

hutch

« Reply #6224 on: October 27, 2016, 07:11:27 pm »
I note Chris Shaw also produced Freeman..