Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313372 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2160 on: August 12, 2016, 04:02:49 pm »
I was at the McCartney show as well, Faul was excellent as he has been at most of his shows I've seen.
And like him or not, 66 year old Springsteen still does it longer and better than most out there. 

but does he run a marathon?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2161 on: August 12, 2016, 05:24:10 pm »
Neither are that special

I was at the McCartney show as well, Faul was excellent as he has been at most of his shows I've seen.
And like him or not, 66 year old Springsteen still does it longer and better than most out there. 

but does he run a marathon?

walk,on,by

« Reply #2162 on: August 14, 2016, 12:52:42 am »
L7 was great. They still got it. I love the fact that I can now walk a block or so after the show and get a slice of pizza. I didn't meet anyone from The Forum, unfortunately, but I did have a wonderful chat with some bearded guy in his 40s who happened to be into Widespread Panic. Who would think, that I, the one person who had a jam band t-shirt on at a L7 show would happen to be standing next to someone who has seen more widespread shows that even I have. He was cool but I didn't get his name. The opening band was alright. Geez, L7 really f****** rocked it.

dyecraig

« Reply #2163 on: August 14, 2016, 08:29:44 am »
bootsy's set was pretty loose and aimless, that synth tone on his bass was annoying. his outfit was pretty fly, though. mudbone on vocals.
morris was a charmer and his band was supertite. jellybean and monte in the band, but no jerome. those cool classic dance moves and choreography intact. touching prince video tribute before their set, with pics of prince and morris goofing and hanging out.
kool & the gang a good time, hollywood swinging, jungle boogie and summer madness were great. 14 people on stage, horn battles, etc.
upgrade from lawn to 100's.
bloody hot, though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:34:58 am by dyecraig »

hutch

« Reply #2164 on: August 14, 2016, 10:45:01 am »
wow! nice upgrade!... makes me feel bad about not going even though i had free lawn seats... I'm having trouble motivating to go to shows lately.... I met Bootsy a few years ago after a State Theatre show.. nice guy!

dyecraig

« Reply #2165 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:06 am »
ziggy stardust classic albums live @ wolf trap was really good.
they opened with the album really note for note, complete with fade-outs and sounds effects.
and i know this album.
band and singer were 1st rate, no costumes, make-up, etc.
3 guitars, bass, drums, keys, 2 strings, 1 multi-woodwind, all b.v.'s.
hits after intermission: heroes, mars, oddity, ashes, changes, golden, let's, modern, rebel, americans.
sparse crowd, but way into it.
purchased loge, but like an oven, so stayed on edge of lawn near pavillion.
free face painting - alladin, mars, ziggy - i passed.

K8teebug

« Reply #2166 on: August 15, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »
L7 was great. They still got it. I love the fact that I can now walk a block or so after the show and get a slice of pizza. I didn't meet anyone from The Forum, unfortunately, but I did have a wonderful chat with some bearded guy in his 40s who happened to be into Widespread Panic. Who would think, that I, the one person who had a jam band t-shirt on at a L7 show would happen to be standing next to someone who has seen more widespread shows that even I have. He was cool but I didn't get his name. The opening band was alright. Geez, L7 really f****** rocked it.

Sad to have missed it.

moeszyslak

« Reply #2167 on: August 16, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »
Did anyone make it to that Rainer Maria show in Baltimore?  I really wanted to, but didn't want to make that drive on Friday night. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2168 on: August 16, 2016, 03:33:20 pm »
Did anyone make it to that Rainer Maria show in Baltimore?  I really wanted to, but didn't want to make that drive on Friday night. 
I was at Cats Cradle on Saturday. Around 15-16 songs. Musically pretty tight. Not the Look Now, Look Again-heavy set I was anticipating (maybe only 4 songs off it). Would recommend catching them if they swing back around (and you like Rainer Maria, obviously).
LVMH

moeszyslak

« Reply #2169 on: August 16, 2016, 03:45:40 pm »
I was at Cats Cradle on Saturday. Around 15-16 songs. Musically pretty tight. Not the Look Now, Look Again-heavy set I was anticipating (maybe only 4 songs off it). Would recommend catching them if they swing back around (and you like Rainer Maria, obviously).

I really like the Look Now Look Again stuff too.  The setlist sites are showing the played Planetary and Broken Radio back to back and regretted my decision to not go.  Hopefully, they stay on the road and I get more chances.

gavroche

« Reply #2170 on: August 17, 2016, 09:56:04 am »
Made the trek up to NYC to see PJ Harvey last night.  Enjoyable show with both John Parish and Mick Harvey in the huge giant 9 piece band. Really short set though.  Started about a bit after 8:45 and was over before 10:15 for sure.  She's not a super energetic performer.

Lots more energy for the old stuff than for the new album, but not really a surprise.  I'd never been to Terminal 5 before and thought it was an ok venue.  Good sound and site about half way between the stage and the sound board.  Packed in for sure though, and took forever to leave.

I still don't like that she wrote an album with so many songs about DC and not even stop by on the tour. I don't love the album though.

K8teebug

« Reply #2171 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:36 am »
Too bad. I have seen her twice, but the last time in 2001 at the club was really incredible.

dyecraig

« Reply #2172 on: August 17, 2016, 10:40:01 am »

I still don't like that she wrote an album with so many songs about DC and not even stop by on the tour.
that is kind of odd, but considering the response to that one song in particular, not hugely surprising.
saw her open for u2 at verizon for the "stories" album.
she had some energy and rock moves that night, even though i was miles away.
love that album & era.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2173 on: August 17, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »
I enjoyed it a lot. I mean she played the sax on four or five songs...that's quite a treat in itself.

Much more energetic show than the last tour and we got 50 foot Queenie and To Bring You My Love.
Not a lot of older songs but that's to be expected I guess.

Made the trek up to NYC to see PJ Harvey last night.  Enjoyable show with both John Parish and Mick Harvey in the huge giant 9 piece band. Really short set though.  Started about a bit after 8:45 and was over before 10:15 for sure.  She's not a super energetic performer.

Lots more energy for the old stuff than for the new album, but not really a surprise.  I'd never been to Terminal 5 before and thought it was an ok venue.  Good sound and site about half way between the stage and the sound board.  Packed in for sure though, and took forever to leave.

I still don't like that she wrote an album with so many songs about DC and not even stop by on the tour. I don't love the album though.
(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #2174 on: August 22, 2016, 10:57:04 am »
Hey Richmond, it was nice seeing you yesterday, along with a fellow boardie.

Maymont=great place to see a show, I'lll explore more next time.
Gillian+Dave=awesome show, best show of year for me
The Veil=Awesome beer and nice space
The Answer=Awesome beer
Mekong=$8 snifter of Bon Chien, enough said