Author Topic: tickets.com  (Read 4076 times)

distance

tickets.com
« on: January 30, 2005, 03:24:00 pm »
i was just messing around on tickets.com and noticed that it links you to a ticket scalping site? what's the deal with that?

for example:
 http://www.tickets.com/partner.cgi?Keyword=Interpol

Random Citizen

Re: tickets.com
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
Yeah, but check out the lengthy disclaimer they include on that page...

Tickets.com cannot give you legal advice on your ticket transactions through our Premier Ticket Window and you should be aware that there may be additional laws (such as laws of local municipalities and laws that require resellers to obtain licenses) that may apply to your transaction. As a ticket buyer or seller, you are assuming responsibility for ensuring that your particular transaction does not violate any applicable local, state, federal, and international laws, statutes and regulations or the terms and agreements under which the tickets were originally sold by the primary issuer. You agree not to use this site for unlawful purposes or in an unlawful manner. You agree not to register under a false name or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card.

dtqjr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 04:13:00 pm »
Tickets.com would never deny face value tickets to the public so that their high-priced resell partner could make a few extra bucks, would they?
 Regards, Mr. Naive

distance

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 08:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  Yeah, but check out the lengthy disclaimer they include on that page...

disclaimer or not, it seems rather unethical for them to identify themselves with such a group?
 ticket prices are already bad enough without price-gouging of scalpers.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:58:00 am »
please let me know if any 930 tix wind up on there

eros

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
This makes me sick.  I got shut out on U2 tickets over the weekend only to find hundreds in the hands of these brokers. Why would tickets.com want to even give a hint of an appearance that they are letting these guys skim off the top?
ʎɐʍou

dtqjr

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  please let me know if any 930 tix wind up on there
That's awesome.  Its great to see your concern Seth!

distance

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
WOOHOOO!

2 nights in a row at the 930 club
 up on their site now.

distance

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 02:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by distance:
  WOOHOOO!

2 nights in a row at the 930 club
 up on their site now.
oops! i posted this in the wrong thread.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
So I peeked at the Tickets.com Premier Ticket Window website to see if any 9:30 club shows were listed.   None at the moment, however seeing as it's powered by Razorgator I checked that site out to see whats listed.  And lo and behold there are indeed tickets for 9:30 shows listed.  Including tickets for the Erasure show which haven't even gone on sale yet.   And some Wilco tickets going for $141 to $221.

Now Razorgate may just be the front end for other ticket brokers, I still find it interesting that they also include tickets for the Nationals which haven't gone on sale to the public.  Are season tickets on sale yet?

I'll bet that comparing what's on the Razorgator.com verses ticketscom.razorgator.com  will reveal a list of events with everything but those at the 9:30 club.
T.Rex

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
A friend of mine has season tickets for The Nationals. So yeah, they are on sale.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
As suspected the ticketscom.razorgator.com listing is missing any venue Tickets.com works with.  Missing from the list one can get from Razorgator are a couple shows at 9:30 and The Kennedy Center.  And all the shows at Constitution hall, possibly because IMP has shows there on occasion.
T.Rex

distance

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
i just think it's a bit of a conflict of interest to have a legit ticketing company to have links to something that can be as shady as scalpers (i will not refer to them as 'ticket brokers').
 people always complain that ticketmaster is in league with the scalpers to screw people out of money and things such as this can only help people to think such things.
 i loathe the way concerts are handled here with assigned seating and such.  it only makes it so that certain tickets are worth so much more than others to scalpers.  i had front row dead center tickets for coldplay a couple years back and i could have gotten a significant amount of money for them (a pair of front row (not necessarily center) tickets went for several hundred dollars on ebay), when face value was only like $30.

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  it's powered by Razorgator
Razorgator was the object of anger for many a U2 fan as well after the presale.  I don't know what that means, but for years I've been seeing Razorgator ads during soccer matches and never bother to check them out, but I've now heard them twice in one week about ticket sales, so I thought I would share.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
Without digging to far it appears several ticket buying sites are "powered" by Razorgator.

Including this site which could to the untrained eye look official. www(dot)worldcuptickets(dot)com

Love this statement. "Fans don't be duped by fake offers! Only order World Cup tickets that are authentic and guaranteed."
T.Rex