Author Topic: Motley Crue roll call!!!!  (Read 16154 times)

vansmack

Re: Motley Crue roll call!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i will be there, and i will be rocking out.  

things i have heard about this show:  2 1/2 hours. tons of costume changes. dancing girls. motorcycles on stage. only one new song played. something about daredevil midgets.  

how on earth could this not be appealing to anyone?  it's gonna be awful/great.  i can't wait.
You forgot fire.  Lot's of pyro!
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
  i will be there, and i will be rocking out.  

things i have heard about this show:  2 1/2 hours. tons of costume changes. dancing girls. motorcycles on stage. only one new song played. something about daredevil midgets.  

how on earth could this not be appealing to anyone?  it's gonna be awful/great.  i can't wait.
thats great news!!! i'm hoping for a lengthy show and a lot of tasteless showmanship!

and "awful/great" will probably be a spot-on description.  cant wait!

SalParadise

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 02:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Nikki Sixx describes his plans to build a "pussy-shaped swimming pool."  [/b]
that's fantastic.

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
    and "awful/great" will probably be a spot-on description.  cant wait!
I was going to see them in Vegas, but then got the offer for SXSW so I had to pass.  I heard they added another Vegas show the last weekend in March and are playing the Joint again.  They must be filming those two shows because the Joint is tiny for Motley Crue.
27>34

Guiny

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »
 how on earth could this not be appealing to anyone?  it's gonna be awful/great.  i can't wait. [/QB]
Sonick and I will even let you buy us a beer or two.   :D

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 01:50:00 am »
  things i have heard about this show:  
 2 1/2 hours. tons of costume changes. dancing girls. motorcycles on stage. only one new song played. something about daredevil midgets.  

about 2 hours with a 10 minute intermission and a brief encore break.  dancing girls changed clothes a bunch and did all kindsa rope tricks and such.  motorcycles definitely on stage.  a couple of new songs.  every song i wanted to hear other than "smoking in the boys room."  the midget wasn't so much a daredevil, but he rode a little motorcycle, and a uniycle, and juggled and breathed fire.  lots of pyro.  a fairly lame attempt at a "titty cam."  tommy lee flying on a wire between two drum sets hanging from the downstage truss.  incredible people watching.  all this and more.  it was totally over the top, a great evening, and well worth the nothing i paid for my tickets.  the midget promised a return to the area this summer at nissan.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 10:04:00 am »
I've seen two midgets shopping at my neighborhood Giant, simultaneously but not together, and I didn't even have to hear Motley Crue while seeing them.

Guiny

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Sam Pulsize:
  I've seen two midgets shopping at my neighborhood Giant, simultaneously but not together, and I didn't even have to hear Motley Crue while seeing them.
Sorry to hear the bad news on not hearing Motley Crue. I'll buy you a cd sometime.   ;)

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
How full was the MCI Center?

debaser

• www.lovefornickcave.com
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
Packed to the nose-bleeds.  I would say 5% under full capacity.

Guiny

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 11:06:00 am »
Definetely ALOT more than the Van Halen concert.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
yeah, that place was a LOT more crowded than i thought it was going to be.  the show was good. we had pretty nice seats too. No "smokin in the boys room" made me angry, but the "Helter Skelter" and "Anarchy In the UK" encore was nice!

the crowd was amusing to say the least. but very very cool and friendly. its nice to see everyone out to just have fun and not whatever most of the people at the shows i normally go to are there for!

moment when Motley Crue had to realize they are geezers: when Tommy Lee said "fuck George Bush" and only half of the people cheered!

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
"Fuck George Bush."

Wow man, that's so rock and roll. Profound, too.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
  "Fuck George Bush."

You're putting me to sleep Rhett.

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
  "Fuck George Bush."

there was more to it than that, but that was the end quote, and I wont waste my time telling you everything he said.