Author Topic: Famous people on Facebook  (Read 11681 times)

bearman🐻

Famous people on Facebook
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:28:44 pm »
I guess famous is totally subjective, but I was kind of shocked to see through a mutual friend that Chuck Dukowski from Blag Flag is on there. Any of you have any spottings of random "famous" people on there?

Re: Famous people on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:32:33 pm »
I've never been to the Facebook website, but isn't Lindsay Lohan on Facebook? She's famous, right?

reggie

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:39:33 pm »
::crickets::

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:52:07 pm »
Well, I just found it kind of interesting. And I know quite a number of boardies/9:30 folk on there, so don't pretend you don't use Facebook! Of course Rhett wouldn't though, that was pretty much a given.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:57:03 pm »
Facebook is so hard to use sometimes, which is probably why my profile there is BORING. I prefer to use myspace and friendster :)
(_|_)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:49 pm »
Famous people are people, too.  Of course they're on FB.  But if they're smart, they have their settings so that you can't see them.  I'm pretty sure Seth has FB, and he's famous at least in these parts :)  I know other famous peeps on FB, but I'm not telling you who ;)
PANTS

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:17 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, my wife Facebooks. Probably one on the many reasons you don't see her around here anymore.

One of my friends/coworkers stopped by and told me that my wife had been in a heated Facebook debate about that Jack Black as Jesus/Gay rights video with one of his wife's right wing relatives. Sounds like people do the same thing on Facebook as they do here.

Well, I just found it kind of interesting. And I know quite a number of boardies/9:30 folk on there, so don't pretend you don't use Facebook! Of course Rhett wouldn't though, that was pretty much a given.

eltee

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, my wife Facebooks.

Is this really a verb now?
I'm "friends" w/ Jeff Klein and a few other musicians but I have a connection to them, sort of.
Isn't Michael Phelps on there? I recall him mentioning many writing him after his wins to befriend him.
Myspace is too creepy. I just use it for music. Facebook is better to communicate. Haven't noticed any debates, yet!

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »
Facebook is so hard to use sometimes, which is probably why my profile there is BORING. I prefer to use myspace and friendster :)

Friendster?!?!!? Geebus! Did you just upgrade from a word processor too? ;)
3MTA3

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 03:12:20 pm »
as someone mentioned. Famous people are people too and like to stay in check with their real life friends just as much as the next person. So yes, there's quite a lot of "famous" people on Facebook.
3MTA3

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 03:23:04 pm »
Some have personal pages, fan pages or both. Some have groups of fans. I recently looked up someone I knew in the record industry and found Randy Jackson on her friend list. Jackson's friend list has a ton of well-known people.

Markos Moulitsas (Daily Kos) said on his blog that he okays every request. We're now friends  ;D
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 03:26:15 pm »
I've never been to the Facebook website, but isn't Lindsay Lohan on Facebook? She's famous, right?
I thought I was the only hold-out left.
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 03:45:12 pm »
Geez, Ive been on there for 2 years. I wouldnt even get a MySpace but Iv ehad one for almost 4 years. I barely check mine ever though, everyone I know and their mom is on the FB.
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 03:50:28 pm »
Wow, this is weird. One of the guys from Bile just made me his friend because we have a mutual friend. Funny.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 05:33:38 pm »
I spotted random "famous" person, MyraEllen on Facebook like 10 minutes ago. Does that count?
Woof.