Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313265 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1155 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:43 pm »
Dude . . .you're giving, me a seizure.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1156 on: January 30, 2015, 10:52:17 am »
went to the Extended Release / Curse / Soft Pink Truth / Pharmakon show last night at metro gallery.  this "hobo" show was quite good.   Pharmakon knocked my socks off. Curse were great as well....fuck ok everyone on this bill was great.  bonus for it being over by midnight so this old dude could get some sleep in time for work today.

emmanuel

« Reply #1157 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:49 am »
went to the Extended Release / Curse / Soft Pink Truth / Pharmakon show last night at metro gallery.  this "hobo" show was quite good.   Pharmakon knocked my socks off. Curse were great as well....fuck ok everyone on this bill was great.  bonus for it being over by midnight so this old dude could get some sleep in time for work today.

Yeah great show! Pharmakon was much wilder than last time I saw her. Soft Pink Truth was surprisingly entertaining.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1158 on: January 30, 2015, 11:33:02 am »
I was slightly disappointed he didn't play his Coil cover (Anal Staircase)

and yeah, she was wild.  at one point she uh, grinded up against me while singing.  (i have personal space issues to top it off, haha)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:34:44 am by Got Haggis? »

azaghal1981

« Reply #1159 on: January 30, 2015, 12:06:53 pm »
Elisa Ambrogio and Nathan Bowles went on at 12:15. I guess it would have been possible to hit both. Ahh well. I'm happy with the one show. Nathan played a solo banjo set with Elisa joining him on guitar for his last song and he played drums for her set. Both excellent as always.

احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #1160 on: January 31, 2015, 01:06:11 am »
Fleetwood Mac = way better than you could imagine. Getting to hear "Landslide" and "Songbird" was just spectacular. The best part of the night was Lindsay's guitar solo during "I'm So Afraid". Hands down some of the greatest guitar playing I've seen in my life.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:18:52 am by bearman »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1161 on: February 08, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »
went to that pravafest thing in bethesda/rockville.  pretty weird event.  suburban retail area in an office building that was being built.  I guess the goal was to get people to the area to show off the new chain restaurants and retail outlets?

matmos were great though

hutch

« Reply #1162 on: February 08, 2015, 04:18:53 pm »
. The best part of the night was Lindsay's guitar solo during "I'm So Afraid". Hands down some of the greatest guitar playing I've seen in my life.

I call hyperbole

bearman🐻

« Reply #1163 on: February 09, 2015, 10:41:10 am »
. The best part of the night was Lindsay's guitar solo during "I'm So Afraid". Hands down some of the greatest guitar playing I've seen in my life.

I call hyperbole

Naw. Really true. I've seen Townshend, Keith Richards/Ron Wood, Lenny Kaye, Johnny Ramone, J Mascis, Bob Mould, Angus Young, Kerry King, Ron Asheton, Billy Zoom, Jack White, Lou Reed, Kevin Shields, Curt Kirkwood, Thurstoon Moore/Lee Ranaldo, Rick Nielsen, Steve Stevens...I know what a good guitarist does. Lindsay holds his own and if you've ever seen him play, you know the guy has chops. What sets him apart (besides technique) is the emotion that he channels through his guitar. Most guitarists use a pick...he uses his fingers, and the effect is dramatic. My argument is that there aren't a lot of people out there with his style, which is what makes him special. I say this as a person who used to loathe Fleetwood Mac when I was growing up, until I reached a point when I could approach their music with a more objective viewpoint. Unlike a lot of bands that sell a ton of records and don't have the talent to back it up, FM has it in spades.

« Reply #1164 on: February 09, 2015, 02:42:03 pm »
^ ...how hutch would respond if this wasn't a response to his own post

Boom!
slack

hutch

« Reply #1165 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:28 pm »
no way.. my reply is:

I rescind my hyperbole comment.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1166 on: February 16, 2015, 04:37:33 pm »
Indiepop Prom was a great time although getting there and back was a huge pain. Will definitely go again. Sports were great as that review states and won over the whole crowd. Leggy were just as good as they were when Killsaly and I caught them in December. Amanda X have gotten a lot better. Mannequin Pussy played a very solid set despite their singer Marisa being sick. Priests got their set cut short because the venue usually double books which was a drag. Being at a show in a full suit didn't feel as awkward as I thought it would although it got hot during a few moments. Would recommend over all, though!
احمد

Yada

« Reply #1167 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:49 am »
Ended up getting last minute tickets to Tedeschi Trucks Band on Friday night.  I can't say I've ever actually listened to them until that night, but what an incredible band!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1168 on: February 23, 2015, 10:42:25 am »
Yes, they are, indeed. on an unrelated note, I still cannot figure out why I do not like, Warren Haynes.

Yada

« Reply #1169 on: February 23, 2015, 10:48:18 am »
Yes, they are, indeed. on an unrelated note, I still cannot figure out why I do not like, Warren Haynes.

I'm not a fan either... in general, not a fan of that southern bluesy jam kinda rock.