Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901749 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #1830 on: December 09, 2009, 01:06:09 am »
F$%& the haters, this is brilliant:

Don't Stand So Close to Me/Young Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VY0a1vZYyY
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1831 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:58 am »
F$%& the haters, this is brilliant:

Don't Stand So Close to Me/Young Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VY0a1vZYyY

Glee is rapidly becoming boring, the characters are all annoying, the story line predictable and the songs are more than miss than hit.  The rendition of "Imagine" was top notch, but "Jump" had all the life sucked out of it.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #1832 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:28 pm »
Glee is rapidly becoming boring, the characters are all annoying, the story line predictable and the songs are more than miss than hit.  The rendition of "Imagine" was top notch, but "Jump" had all the life sucked out of it.

I'm actually like 7 episode's behind and most everybody I now who watches the show has told me things similar to what you are saying here.  I'll still watch it and let you know.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1833 on: December 15, 2009, 02:14:05 am »
Ben Folds - the hipsters must be going nuts this morning revoking his cred.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1834 on: December 15, 2009, 09:06:12 am »
Ben Folds - the hipsters must be going nuts this morning revoking his cred.

Ben Folds hasn't been "hip" in years...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #1835 on: December 15, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »

The last thing you have to be in order to be a favorite of hipsters is hip.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #1836 on: December 15, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
What do you mean?

The last thing you have to be in order to be a favorite of hipsters is hip.

vansmack

« Reply #1837 on: December 15, 2009, 03:32:20 pm »
This just hurts....a home WiMAx modem before I even have service in my area....

Don't they know who I am?  I'm th guy who built a home router for use with my 3G data card to give the finger to at&t and comcast 3 YEARS AGO.  They should be rewarding me, not punishing me...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1838 on: December 15, 2009, 03:40:47 pm »
What do you mean?

Case.  Rested.

But all in all, I enjoyed The Sing-Off.  Things were cruising along at a slow pace until the Beelzebubs took it to the next level. (about 2:30 in)
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1839 on: December 15, 2009, 04:02:48 pm »
I seriously doubt Ben Folds has much of a hipster following at this point in his career and I'm guessin' that his current fan base is gonna eat an acapella singing contest up. 
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #1840 on: December 22, 2009, 04:07:14 am »
After a great day ended poorly, nothing like an a capella U2 song to make me feel better. In The Sing-Off Finale, how does Natasha Bedingfield not sing Unwritten? Nicole from the PCD just gave hope to all of us dorks everywhere with her performance with the Beelzebubs. Not quite Sweet Caroline from last week, but much better than Nick Lachey's performance. If nothing else he's just barely more alive than Smokey.

A Boyz II Men reunion?!? WAIT FOR IT....AWESOME. Bobby McFerrin's (yes he's still alive) impromptu a capella performance was way too early for prime time - and a complete mess. Somehow I knew all the words to the "Sound of Music" swan song - I blame my sisters. Ben Folds just detroyed the entire concept of the show by (1) using a piano in a VOCAL competition and (2) not playing "Rocking the Suburbs" which would be perfect for this show (though I would have loved "Brick" because I'm twisted).

I won't ruin the ending becaue you're all going to watch The Sing-Off on Hulu or nbc.com, but if you're still reading this, you know one thing: I miss Smackette. She been gone for a month and would have watched this with me and listened to this diatribe, saving the rest of you. But she's stuck in your snow and now I must punish you....
27>34

felipeintheend

« Reply #1841 on: January 04, 2010, 01:18:10 pm »
So I've got a stalker.  Well not a stalker, really, but close.

Apparently on some L i n k i n  P a r k fan site, there used to be a guy with the ID v a n s m a c k (he searches all the time so I'm intentionally spacing things out).  Despite repeated denials that I'm not the same person, everytime I sign up for a new forum or social network thing, this guy sends me an email asking if I'm the guy with the recordings of shows he's looking for to complete his collection.  This has been going on for at least 5 years now.

So last month I broke down and joined Facebook and made a non alias twitter account and within a week he sent me yet another inquiry about LP boot recordings and signed up for my twitter account:

-----------------------------
Hello man, how are you?

Well, first of all, i wanna say you that i'm here because i need your help.

I work for the Oficial [BAND NAME] Live Guide, and my job is searching for every info about their lives shows.

I know that someone that used the nickname (V a n s m a c k  - v a n s m a c k @ sbcglobal.net) yeas ago recorded one show of them at:
FACEBOOK LINK TO SHOW -   Devore, CA, Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen

And also, i'm a trader of 'old BAND NAME shows' i'm looking for the older shows, just for my collection, not for trade.

So, could you let me know if you are the person who i'm looking for?
It will help our guide a lot. Thank you :)

have a good week
-----------------------

I must have 30-40 of these inquiries from the same guy, despite me constantly telling him that the MSN account has been mine for 15 years and I can't stand said band.

Ridiculous.  At some point I should break down, lie to the guy, get his hopes up and send his something in the mail, but what should I send him?

LOL.

Hey... first of all, i didn't know you've got a stalker, you should reply me just explaining that and then i should stop msging you immediately. I've look for this show since years, trying to find this guy and all that i found was you.. but i didnt know it was 'you' i thought it was the taper.

This guy: http://taperssection.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2736

I'm really sorry about it. I will let all [BAND NAME] fans know, that it is not the taper, and yes some stalker :)

thank you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:20:38 pm by felipeintheend »

vansmack

« Reply #1842 on: January 04, 2010, 01:29:43 pm »
Felipe, after the first dozen times I told you that I'm not that guy, I didn't owe you any more responses.

Anytime your search reveals vansmack and my MSN account shows up as registered to that account, don't send me a request for that f#$%&^g show - I WASN'T THERE, I DON'T LIKE YOUR FAVORITE BAND, AND I DON'T HAVE A COPY OF IT.
27>34

felipeintheend

« Reply #1843 on: January 04, 2010, 01:38:26 pm »
Felipe, after the first dozen times I told you that I'm not that guy, I didn't owe you any more responses.

Anytime your search reveals vansmack and my MSN account shows up as registered to that account, don't send me a request for that f#$%&^g show - I WASN'T THERE, I DON'T LIKE YOUR FAVORITE BAND, AND I DON'T HAVE A COPY OF IT.

I know, but how the hell should i know that you were the SAME Vansmack everytime i've found someone with this name and msged him, understand my point?

And i already asked for excuses ^^

vansmack

« Reply #1844 on: January 04, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »
Oh, I don't know, maybe you could Check my profile where it has my email address?!?

Put you mouse on top of the Email icon under my username and see that it reveals my MSN account?

I'm not asking for much - just that you leave me the hell alone about your stupid concert recording collection.  You seem like a nice enough guy and at this point I'm willing to talk to you about anything but LINKIN PARK.
27>34