Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400887 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3300 on: August 26, 2021, 03:34:45 am »
i guess this is an alternative to a direct mandate: make non-compliance painful.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #3301 on: August 26, 2021, 10:58:54 am »
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1277567?__twitter_impression=true

As a country we are just nowhere near taking this seriously enough

Virginia had 3500 new cases yesterday…highest since February

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3302 on: August 26, 2021, 11:20:09 am »
that event was also cited as the cause of a major spread of the virus last year... but you know FREEDOM and science can't be trusted...

all while reading their "research" from a iPhone...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #3303 on: August 26, 2021, 11:21:05 am »
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results

How many indoor concerts will you be going to this Fall?

« Reply #3304 on: August 26, 2021, 11:22:51 am »
lets put together 100k old, fat and in poor health people who are MAGA's and see what happens

I will say, Lollapalooza was the flip side of this...seems like the aftermath of that was almost zero...but haven't seen many follow ups since
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3305 on: August 26, 2021, 11:26:43 am »
For NFL teams with unvaccinated quarterbacks, this could be a long, complicated season

Jackson said upon returning to the Ravens earlier this month, after testing positive for the virus for the second time in eight months, he remained undecided about being vaccinated.

How can the NFL not mandate vaccination of players at this point?

Yada

« Reply #3306 on: August 26, 2021, 11:27:23 am »

At least four to six based on current tickets I have in hand.

Mandatory Vax + Mask should make things basically fine. The paranoia is higgggggggggggggggggggggh!!! Time to wear masks at outdoor soccer fields again!

Space Freely

« Reply #3307 on: August 26, 2021, 11:32:46 am »

Mandatory Vax + Mask should make things basically fine. The paranoia is higgggggggggggggggggggggh!!! Time to wear masks at outdoor soccer fields again!

Basically agree with you. I have tickets to five shows and Snallygaster. I'm not too fearful being fully vaxxed and wearing a mask.

But what do i say to the people who think I'm being selfish because by doing those things I'm increasing the risk that I'll asymptomatically spread it to little kids (who aren't mine) and the immunocompromised?

Yada

« Reply #3308 on: August 26, 2021, 11:35:19 am »

Basically agree with you. I have tickets to five shows and Snallygaster. I'm not too fearful being fully vaxxed and wearing a mask.

But what do i say to the people who think I'm being selfish because by doing those things I'm increasing the risk that I'll asymptomatically spread it to little kids (who aren't mine) and the immunocompromised?

What people think that? Who are you around that would think you're selfish? My advice, stay away from those people... hard to do that, but I can't live my life examined and persecuted for another year like most of the helicopter libs in my hood have done. That's at least my plan.

Starsky

« Reply #3309 on: August 26, 2021, 11:38:59 am »

I am sorry Space but am out of time for your stupidity

Space Freely

« Reply #3310 on: August 26, 2021, 11:45:17 am »

I am sorry Space but am out of time for your stupidity

You're basically saying we're not taking it serious enough, yet you're doing things yourself that increase the risk of spread. Got it. Maybe visit the loo today, because you're full of shit.

Starsky

« Reply #3311 on: August 26, 2021, 11:50:59 am »
lets put together 100k old, fat and in poor health people who are MAGA's and see what happens

I will say, Lollapalooza was the flip side of this...seems like the aftermath of that was almost zero...but haven't seen many follow ups since

Don’t believe everything you read although they did require proof of vaccination

I think 100,000+ packed events with people coming in from everywhere are a bad idea for the foreseeable future… I realize outdoors is less dangerous but there are other issues… are you staying at a hotel?  How do you get there? Increased travel is a bad idea etx

I don’t believe we can get risk of transmission down to 0 but we can certainly lower it with vaccine proof requirements, masks, common sense, not having mega events etc

When people equate a proven super spreading event like sturgis with a club show requiring proof of vaccination and masks well not much to say really…

The false equivalency is very offputting
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:52:48 am by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #3312 on: August 26, 2021, 12:01:07 pm »
Oh and I have been to one show with ten people there -so far -as a patron

I have worked two shows masked and vaccinated

I am ok with myself and my decisions… I certainly haven’t been touring the country repeatedly going to gathering places such as breweries not that I come down on anybody

I will continue to make decisions on a case by case basis using available information including venue requirements

There is a balance between my need to live and perfect safety and that’s a risk point everyone has to determine and assume

Starsky

« Reply #3313 on: August 26, 2021, 12:35:07 pm »
These dealing with covid purity tests suck

We all been vaccinated. We wear our masks. We all following recommendations and doing our best in troubled times

WTF?

We are not the problem… the problem is covid and people who refuse to get vaccinated or care

Space Freely

« Reply #3314 on: August 26, 2021, 12:44:51 pm »
These dealing with covid purity tests suck

We all been vaccinated. We wear our masks. We all following recommendations and doing our best in troubled times

WTF?

We are not the problem… the problem is covid and people who refuse to get vaccinated or care

Well given that the vaccinated can spread the virus, we are *less* of the problem. By a factor of however effective against the spread the vaccine we took was. We're also 17 times less likely to be hospitalized if we DO get it than unvaccinated people.