Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401065 times)

hutch

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2685 on: April 21, 2021, 11:25:29 am »
Oh come on

I don’t have any hard opinions

Just saying give people a bit of time..they’ll come around

Yada

« Reply #2686 on: April 21, 2021, 11:27:50 am »
Oh come on

You puffed your chest after your sidekick agreed with you and started accusations of no empathy, I don't care people died, blah blah...

Similar to what bressner said, I haven't done shit and have abided by every rule for over a year. Now that I'm vaxxed and don't want to ear a mask outside, I shouldn't have to. Once again, walking into a record store that i'm sure you still do every day, I'd wear a mask... I'd also wear a mask anywhere else indoors. Thanks for twisting my opinions and words!!!

« Reply #2687 on: April 21, 2021, 11:35:56 am »
Yada is 100% correct on this.
curious if you could elaborate?

Sadly what I'm reading is we are not ditching the masks
Already Vaccinated? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Stop Wearing Your Face Mask Yet
5 reasons to continue wearing a mask, even after you’re vaccinated

from those fear mongers at the Clevland Clinic...yes this is 40 days old, so thing may have changed

Trust me, I can't wait to ditch the masks
slack

hutch

« Reply #2688 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:45 am »
Well you don’t have to wear a mask outside! So don’t

Just no need to get upset when other not as smart humans give you the stink eye

Let it go

I mean you keep bringing this topic up.. I don’t see why it’s a big deal

I think it’s going to take some time for many to adjust

sorry if I upset you
 🙌🏻

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:52:00 am by hutch »

« Reply #2689 on: April 21, 2021, 12:17:53 pm »
Oh come on

You puffed your chest after your sidekick agreed with you and started accusations of no empathy, I don't care people died, blah blah...
My statement was that YOU were the one arguing about this for the last two weeks...not WE
Also, I think what Hutch was saying was more...you should cut people some slack, 500k people died in one year...people are on edge and have good intentions on why they think you should wear it
They may very well be misguided, but mocking them doesn't really help

I am in agreement that outdoors and with just a little distance, I think masks are not essential, but I'm no epidemiologist
but if someone asks me to mask up, I'm not going to lose my cool and just put it on
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2690 on: April 21, 2021, 01:02:22 pm »
Oh come on

My statement was that YOU were the one arguing about this for the last two weeks...not WE
Also, I think what Hutch was saying was more...you should cut people some slack, 500k people died in one year...people are on edge and have good intentions on why they think you should wear it
They may very well be misguided, but mocking them doesn't really help

I am in agreement that outdoors and with just a little distance, I think masks are not essential, but I'm no epidemiologist
but if someone asks me to mask up, I'm not going to lose my cool and just put it on

I don't wear a mask in the woods. But, if I did, it would be this one:

Space Freely

hutch

« Reply #2693 on: April 21, 2021, 02:53:32 pm »
They had an outdoor mask mandate for a year!

I do not believe we ever had one in the US but someone will correct me if I am wrong

Notice article says some people are adapting slowly and still wearing masks outdoors

Israel is a few weeks ahead of us in terms of having vaccinated

I also understand Israel uses vaccine passports

« Reply #2694 on: April 21, 2021, 03:07:47 pm »
Isreal is also a pop of less than 9mil and less than 9k sq miles
much easier to do things like that

My understanding is there were no gov't mandated outdoor mask requirements in the US
slack

« Reply #2695 on: April 22, 2021, 08:13:20 am »
guys as much as everyone wants (and thinks they are right) to ditch the masks post-vaccination...things are not looking good for that
The good news is deaths have fallen significantly

Coronavirus cases aren't budging — even after vaccinations doubled

The big picture: This spring has seen a surge in vaccinations but almost no change in the coronavirus’ spread, leaving the U.S. with an outbreak that’s still too big.

Where it stands: In the last week of February, the U.S. was averaging 65,686 new coronavirus cases per day. Now, eight weeks later, we’re averaging 64,814 new cases per day.

And yet, over the same eight-week period, the U.S. has administered more than 65 million vaccine doses — roughly doubling the number of Americans who have gotten at least one shot.
Between the lines: You would think that doubling the number of vaccinated Americans would produce at least some decline in coronavirus’ spread. But that hasn’t happened.
Guess what needs to happen is understand where these new cases are...are they in areas that have low vax rates?
how are the cases in high vax areas?

More contagious variants of COVID-19 — particularly the variant first discovered in the U.K. — have become the dominant strains within the U.S. over the spring.
That would normally cause a big jump in new cases, while vaccinations would normally cause a big drop in new cases. The two may simply be canceling each other out, leaving the U.S.’ outbreak frozen at around 65,000 new cases per day.
Deaths have fallen significantly, to an average of about 700 per day, down from a peak of nearly 3,500 per day.

But 65,000 cases per day is still too many cases. It leaves the unvaccinated — a group that still includes a lot of vulnerable people — at risk of serious illness.
And it leaves the door open to more new variants, which could cause COVID-19 to stay with us for years, in varying degrees of severity.
slack

hutch

« Reply #2696 on: April 22, 2021, 08:16:46 am »
Yada is right

« Reply #2697 on: April 22, 2021, 08:26:36 am »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2698 on: April 22, 2021, 08:40:25 am »
guys as much as everyone wants (and thinks they are right) to ditch the masks post-vaccination...things are not looking good for that
The good news is deaths have fallen significantly

Coronavirus cases aren't budging — even after vaccinations doubled

The big picture: This spring has seen a surge in vaccinations but almost no change in the coronavirus’ spread, leaving the U.S. with an outbreak that’s still too big.

Where it stands: In the last week of February, the U.S. was averaging 65,686 new coronavirus cases per day. Now, eight weeks later, we’re averaging 64,814 new cases per day.

And yet, over the same eight-week period, the U.S. has administered more than 65 million vaccine doses — roughly doubling the number of Americans who have gotten at least one shot.
Between the lines: You would think that doubling the number of vaccinated Americans would produce at least some decline in coronavirus’ spread. But that hasn’t happened.
Guess what needs to happen is understand where these new cases are...are they in areas that have low vax rates?
how are the cases in high vax areas?

More contagious variants of COVID-19 — particularly the variant first discovered in the U.K. — have become the dominant strains within the U.S. over the spring.
That would normally cause a big jump in new cases, while vaccinations would normally cause a big drop in new cases. The two may simply be canceling each other out, leaving the U.S.’ outbreak frozen at around 65,000 new cases per day.
Deaths have fallen significantly, to an average of about 700 per day, down from a peak of nearly 3,500 per day.

But 65,000 cases per day is still too many cases. It leaves the unvaccinated — a group that still includes a lot of vulnerable people — at risk of serious illness.
And it leaves the door open to more new variants, which could cause COVID-19 to stay with us for years, in varying degrees of severity.

How has Israel managed to get their cases down to 120 per day? Sure, they only have 9 million people, but the American equivalent would be 5,000 cases per day. And Israelis are compressed into a much, much smaller geographic area than Americans are.

hutch

« Reply #2699 on: April 22, 2021, 08:40:55 am »
Forum 💥