Author Topic: First time at Wolf Trap for B&S, any suggestions?  (Read 15993 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: First time at Wolf Trap for B&S, any suggestions?
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2022, 12:23:30 am »
I mean, isn't one of the key points of twitter to get teh most followers?

yes, but twitter account can rack up millions of followers without anyone knowing who is behind the account.

Well what is the point of that? I ask as the dad of someone whose life goal was once to be a millionaire YouTuber.

many people want to keep their online anonymity.  being "outed" as the person behind an account can, potentially, have consequences ("wait - for years now i've been following the musical recommendations of some long-haired government-employed 50-something suburban dad??  UNSUBSCRIBE!!!").

youtube is different.  for the most part, wannabe youtube millionnaires/influencers/asshats appear in front of the camera, so at a minimum you see their face - that's one aspect of anonymity that's lost.  you don't have to disclose your identity and you can hide behind a non-identifying account name, but anyone who gains popularity will inevitably be identified/outed.   
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2022, 12:23:43 am »
I have been on Twitter for a while….really don’t care who follows me…or who knows me…not much to hide….certainly not much to lose… anything of any import is entrusted to my partner…

this is the correct attitude.

It’s bizarre how something . . . can go off on this absolutely useless tangent
This should be our motto at the top of every page of the forum.

this is also correct.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:09 pm »
Congrats to Starsky! I unfortunately passed despite living a mile from Meridian Hill Park because I had an important work meeting to attend. Stuart is the coolest dude on earth. Not many other stars just randomly meet up with fans and especially in DC. Stuart is the man. Lucky those who made it out.

Starsky

« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2022, 12:40:21 pm »
Thanks. Stuart really is the coolest…I walked up just as he was arriving…he is so down to earth….

I mean he had a flight a few hours later from Dulles..and there he is sheepishly pushing his scooter up Malcolm X Park to host a 45 minute improvised quiz show with fans…dude even brought the instructions and installation pack and showed me how to fold it

It was all a bit surreal and I am so glad it happened cause I always felt cheated of having that personal connection moment or encounter with him

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2022, 03:54:43 pm »
Does anyone else find it problematic that the oldest guy in the picture wins a scooter?

Starsky

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2022, 04:19:22 pm »
I wouldn’t bet I was the oldest …one dude was like I could of met you in 2002 but was too introverted

I will say the quiz skewed heavily towards first few years… I guess Murdoch agrees with me

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2022, 04:23:19 pm »
I wouldn’t bet I was the oldest …one dude was like I could of met you in 2002 but was too introverted

I will say the quiz skewed heavily towards first few years… I guess Murdoch agrees with me

Haha, what were the questions (and answers)?

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2023, 09:54:49 am »
This was fun! About a forty minute quiz competition before I emerged as winner…felt I could have had it a few rounds earlier..about fifteen people showed up.

looks like Stuart has acquired a new scoot
https://twitter.com/nee_massey/status/1646141952918712321

Have you taken that thing for a spin yet?
slack

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2023, 09:57:23 am »

yes, but twitter account can rack up millions of followers without anyone knowing who is behind the account.

Well what is the point of that? I ask as the dad of someone whose life goal was once to be a millionaire YouTuber.
hmm I want to hear more about Sweets desire to become a youtube millionaire...is there evidence?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2023, 09:58:30 am »
I have it on good authority he's keeping it pristine for when Seth opens The Anthem Hall of Scooters.
LVMH

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2023, 09:59:38 am »
I have it on good authority he's keeping it pristine for when Seth opens The Anthem Hall of Scooters.
ohh that's an idea I can get behind
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2023, 10:02:35 am »

hmm I want to hear more about Sweets desire to become a youtube millionaire...is there evidence?

Are you trying to imply that I'm Sweetcell's dad? Im old, but not that old.

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2023, 10:08:46 am »

Are you trying to imply that I'm Sweetcell's dad? Im old, but not that old.
ack, missed the Dad part, need to slow down and read the whole sentance
slack

Yada

« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2023, 10:09:05 am »
This was fun! About a forty minute quiz competition before I emerged as winner…felt I could have had it a few rounds earlier..about fifteen people showed up.

looks like Stuart has acquired a new scoot
https://twitter.com/nee_massey/status/1646141952918712321

Have you taken that thing for a spin yet?

Hutch's high tops don't fit on the deck. He keeps it above his fireplace.

Yada

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2023, 10:10:02 am »

hahaha... someone on my listserv used "on good authority" over the weekend and I had a hearty laugh.