Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1894059 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2130 on: February 09, 2011, 03:14:08 pm »
No comment on Li-Lo's pending felony charges?

Innocent!  Clearly a misunderstanding and I have offered my (legal) services pro-bono.

I'm more concerned about the $40K tanning bill she hasn't paid.  Lindsay, you're out of work and live in LA - just go lay out all day!
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2131 on: February 09, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »
LiLo is last hours news, Ashley Simpson is on the market
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2132 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:18 am »
The music dies for once popular 'Guitar Hero' video game
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/09/guitar.hero.gone/index.html

you still have rock band... for now.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2133 on: February 10, 2011, 10:40:08 am »
I'll still never understand why if someone is going to spend that much time and energy into something like these things, they just don't bother with learning to play a real guitar, drums, etc..

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2134 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:18 am »
No comment on Li-Lo's pending felony charges?

Innocent!  Clearly a misunderstanding and I have offered my (legal) services pro-bono.

I'm more concerned about the $40K tanning bill she hasn't paid.  Lindsay, you're out of work and live in LA - just go lay out all day!

I would lay her all day.

Jaguar

« Reply #2135 on: February 10, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »
^ She's awfully pale for a $40K tanning bill!

Maybe she has a standing appointment that she never shows up for. The kind that bills you whether or not you actually show up.

vansmack

« Reply #2136 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »
The music dies for once popular 'Guitar Hero' video game
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/09/guitar.hero.gone/index.html

you still have rock band... for now.

Rock band with the real guitar is going to occupy my spring.

I never really liked Guitar Hero anyway, except for the Van Halen version.  That was awesome.

And Jag, suck on this.
27>34

Jaguar

« Reply #2137 on: February 10, 2011, 01:55:36 pm »
^ I'd still rather stick with a guitar without the gaming. Besides, Squiers suck. A few stops up from Playskool. At least go with a basic Strat which can be found rather cheaply and you get a really good basic guitar to work with.

vansmack

« Reply #2138 on: February 10, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »
^ I'd still rather stick with a guitar without the gaming. Besides, Squiers suck. A few stops up from Playskool. At least go with a basic Strat which can be found rather cheaply and you get a really good basic guitar to work with.

You're missing the point Jag.  I wish my Strat would work, but it doesn't (yet). That's just a matter of time.

The point is the game developers are moving in the direction of providing beginners with the opportunity to learn to play a real instrument with the backing of a band behind them - I would have killed to have that when I was learning to play instead of playing in my room by myself all day. 

This will be killer....
27>34

Jaguar

« Reply #2139 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:45 pm »
^ Nah, I do get your point. In theory, I actually agree with you. It's just that I've often heard that the timing is off which can actually be confusing to some beginners trying to make the transition. Maybe they've improved that. I don't know.

Besides, there's so many other ways, especially with all of today's technologies and networking offerings, that I just think it's more of a hinderance than an enhancement. Then again, if it gets one practicing compared to traditional methods, than c'est la vie.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2140 on: February 11, 2011, 09:02:39 am »
hey smackie,

what are your thoughts on the nfl lockout? specifically do you think will the lockout ruin a potential vegas trip in late october/early november for a guy that doesnt really like table games?
o/\o

James Ford

« Reply #2141 on: February 11, 2011, 09:05:50 am »
Are you worried all the players will be there, wrecking your chances with the ladies?

hey smackie,

what are your thoughts on the nfl lockout? specifically do you think will the lockout ruin a potential vegas trip in late october/early november for a guy that doesnt really like table games?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2142 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:54 am »
what? i'm a married man

i'm worried about having to pay for drinks rather than get the sports book to comp me
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2143 on: February 11, 2011, 01:33:20 pm »

I hate both sides on this.  The owners suck and the players got too nice of a deal last time and they know it.  The owners never should have signed it and the players can't be surprised that the owners have opted out.

That being said, I think we're absolutely looking at some form of stoppage.  I'm not saying that it will go into September, but I doubt it's done by the draft.

So how does this affect your Vegas trip - well, you don't have to book it for some time and you'll know long before then what to expect.  Here's what I would do if there is a stoppage:  Fly home earlier on Sunday.  You can sit in the book all day Saturday and watch College Football and then Sat night there will very likely be a World Series game that you can watch.  When that's over go to Spearmint Rhino or something and you'll avoid the tables.  But instead of taking the Red Eye flight back to Dulles Sunday night, if there's no NFL, just fly back earlier. The last option of course is to place a bet on the NASCAR race on Sunday (you can bet NASCAR will move every race to Sunday if there's a stoppage) and pretend like you're really into it.  Or bet on the PGA event - another good Sunday time waster in the book.  If you're late enough that it's early November, perhaps both the NHL and NBA will be going too...

Plenty of options for you if there's a stoppage and you're in Vegas next fall. 
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #2144 on: February 11, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »
No such thing as monogamy on a Vansmack blog.

what? i'm a married man

i'm worried about having to pay for drinks rather than get the sports book to comp me