Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1894038 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2295 on: June 15, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #2296 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2297 on: June 22, 2011, 12:55:53 am »
I miss The OC...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2298 on: July 01, 2011, 02:04:06 pm »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2299 on: July 11, 2011, 01:39:31 pm »
I have a few Google+ invites if you'd like in...

PM me your email address.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2300 on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »
I have a few Google+ invites if you'd like in...

PM me your email address.

you're cute . . . can i be your friend?

vansmack

« Reply #2301 on: July 12, 2011, 01:25:28 pm »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2303 on: July 12, 2011, 01:59:48 pm »
i like people who are all, "i'm canceling"  "screw netflix, i'm out."  "we'll show them, we'll all cancel our accounts."

uhh, huhh.  sure they will.  gas could be $10 a gallon . . . and people will buy it.  cigarettes could be $20 a  pack . . . and people will smoke them.  netflix could be $____ a month . . . and people will still watch.  they have no choice . . . people are all talk and no action.  just look at how long our government has gotten away/is getting away with what they do for so long.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2304 on: July 12, 2011, 02:10:18 pm »
walkies: i don't think so.  netflix is easily substitutable and easy to drop out of.  if they had cranked up fees over a period of time i would agree with you.  but they aren't slowly increase the fire under the pot, the 60% increase = dropping their customers into boiling water.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2305 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »
Well the part that is insane is they put in no price break to bundle packages. I mean who doesnt offer some sorta discount to combine packages.

With that being said - Im rather happy. Since I wasnt a huge fan of their streaming, Im back to the 3 out at time for $15.99. Not bad. Im sure I was paying that price more than a few years back. Ill be happy to pay that again.
HeyLa

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2306 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:27 pm »
god hit me upside the head for saying this . . . but i totally called this to my partner once we got heavy into netflix streaming.  it was, and still is , awesome and a cool way to watch movies.  i just wish the selection on the streaming was better than "straight to dvd" quaility film and horrible selection of tv series.  but i don't have cable, so shut up walkonby . . . you get what you get and you like it.  i told my partner, that they should have seperate accounts for people (like older people and curmudgeons) who don't stream to tv or would never ever watch a movie on a computer screen, and one for those who love it and need it.  raise the prices, hopefully use that money to finally offer a better selection in the streaming.  i will like that and i will pay for that.  but what do i know . . . i like widespread panic, and i don't mind paying ticket fees because i like ticket selling companies.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:04:05 pm by walkonby »

vansmack

« Reply #2307 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »
I'll cancel August 31 for sure (and this will be the second time I've cancelled Netflix).  There are plenty of options that are cheaper than $16 a month to get 99% of everything that's out.

My trouble with Netflix is that I need a mixed solution simply because Netflix Streaming doesn't have a large enough selection to meet my needs.  But $16 is well more than I am willing to pay, and they sure as hell shouldn't have justified the price raise as a bonus for the consumer like they did.  If the studios are at fault, take them to task, but don't justify the increase as a solution for the consumer when you've just raised my rate 66% and given me nothing additional in return.

Right now I'm thinking Amazon Instant plus Red Box.  We'll see what I can get for that...
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2308 on: July 13, 2011, 11:00:39 am »
Well the thing is - in NYC we dont have that many options. SF had some other great alternatives for rentals (green-cine comes to mind) although even they didnt have a big enough selection. I tend to veer towards foreign/indie that barely get released in the US but netflix has always had the most extensive library. Mind you, most of this is not available on streaming, but its fine. Being able to watch the film is whats impt. We dont have Redbox here nor most the other options. I tried out BB for awhile as there was one not far from me, but BB has all but shut down - so netflix it is.

Ive been a customer since they launched and for the rental side of it only, their price hasnt skyrocketed that much. Its fluctuated at best but as Ive been such a long time customer - they often times will work out deals with me if I complain enough. I might miss netflix on my droid while doing some late night show traveling, but other than that, its fine. Im sure I can always use amazon or find another alternative.

Besides maybe SF is cheaper, but going to see a movie out here is already up to $11 or $12 (and sometimes much more than that). This is a way better deal!
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #2309 on: July 13, 2011, 12:22:41 pm »
Nailed it.  The difference for me is that I have set top boxes that do Amazon Instant....

Netflix was too cheap before, but now it's just wrong

"I'm going to think long and hard about canceling my disc services, or at least dropping back to the twice-monthly DVD plan. But, I'd really like for Netflix to take a cue from Redbox (and, indeed, from its original pricing scheme) and let me pay per-disc. More and more often I'm happy to wait for the random selection of decidedly non-new releases to pop up on the company's Instant service before I watch them. It's only the hot, high-impact, exciting new releases that I really want on disc. You know, the kind of movie you thought about going to see on the theater and totally planned to, but then one of your friends flaked or you got lazy or you called ahead for ticket prices and you decided "Yeah, I'll just wait for Netflix and put that money toward my college loans." Those are the movies that I want on disc."
27>34