• Obscenitees
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2625 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:17 pm »
Yes they do.

And that is your opinion!  :)
FUKIT

« Reply #2626 on: January 10, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »
I would much rather live in s a society where people had all kinds of different views and opinions than live in one where everyone thought the exact same way. 

But how would we determine who was right?  Oh, I know!  A knockdown, dragout on an unrelated message board!

I knew this place had special purpose  ;D
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2627 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:40 pm »
All this talk of the Replacements reminded me of this movie I was watching the other day when cooped up in the house.  There was this scene where a fictional band from Memphis gets a warm-up gig with the Replacements at the "9:30 Club" in "Washington, DC".   All that's shown of the club is a back door for load in and the scenes set in DC, look nothing like DC.   Movie is "losers take all" and it's one of those just OK movies.  Nothing great, not un-watchable...
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2628 on: January 11, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2629 on: January 11, 2014, 11:58:13 am »
speaking of The Smiths

T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2630 on: January 11, 2014, 04:35:30 pm »

« Reply #2631 on: January 12, 2014, 12:36:54 am »
wow.
I think I might have possibly put a second mortgage on my house to see that festival.

Disregard my previous comment about ska -edit- somehow I missed that one line
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:23:20 am by Sidehatch »
slack

radley17

« Reply #2632 on: January 12, 2014, 01:20:46 am »
The Specials, the Beat, Selecter and Madness respectably disagree on the no ska thing

atomic

« Reply #2633 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:51 am »
wow.
I think I might have possibly put a second mortgage on my house to see that festival.

Disregard my previous comment about ska -edit- somehow I missed that one line

I have seen most of these bands already and most haven't done anything in 30 years, a lot of them have dead main members.  I could see wanting to have 3 to 6 play Coachella but a whole show of these type of bands would ensure it was a show attended exclusively by 50 year old males.  I would prefer the current line-up with cutting edge bands and the headlined by two of the best  live bands in the world.

Of the bands on the list I would probably want to see Aztec Camera, The Jam, Gene, Libertines, and Blur on a future Coachella line-up.   I have seen Blur before but it was on their first US tour.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:58:44 am by atomic »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2634 on: January 13, 2014, 11:03:23 am »
speaking of The Smiths

I'm not smart enough to get the joke, I don't think. Is it supposed to be like this is some person's boring weekend retold in Coachella poster form or am I missing some other layer to this?
LVMH

« Reply #2635 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:16 am »
honestly I hate ALL music festivals.  (well Hardly Strictly Blue Grass is an exception and the small stages at NO jazz fest are worth it too)
can't think of a worse way to actually enjoy hearing/seeing a band.  Short sets, horrible sound, annoying people who aren't really fans, crazy bathroom lines, brutal heat, $10 crap beer

I agree, it would be attended by mostly old dudes (guess that's starting to describe me)

and duh...I know most of those bands couldn't ever play, joe's dead and he ain't coming back
and could you imagine Ian getting MT back together to do Coachella...might be easier to resurrect Woody Mellor

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2636 on: January 13, 2014, 11:41:35 am »
Is it supposed to be like this is some person's boring weekend retold in Coachella poster form or am I missing some other layer to this?

that's all i'm getting, nothing deeper.  i chuckled.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2637 on: January 13, 2014, 12:12:57 pm »
This was posted because of Will Smith family as The Smiths, and it was amusing where the only two bands listed are.
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #2638 on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »
This was posted because of Will Smith family as The Smiths, and it was amusing where the only two bands listed are.

I am more confused than before.

atomic

« Reply #2639 on: January 13, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »
I was having a conversation with my wife last night about why do people feel that we need attractive people to sing in bands.  I liked the music of Milli Vanilli.  Who cares who was signing it.  And then I came up with list of ugliest bands.  And she was no one listens to bands like Rush or Kiss though.  Only lame old dudes listen to bands like those.  And she was right.  Why do guys listen to such shitty music?

But the list of ugliest dudes bands: Rush, Paul Simon, Lou Reed, Motorhead, Kiss, Tom Petty, the edge, Joe Cocker,  Meatloaf, Dee Snyder, the Ramones, Radiohead.  Oh and Billy Joel and Rick Ocasek. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:25:24 pm by atomic »