Author Topic: Free MP3 Downloads  (Read 163936 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Free MP3 Downloads
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2011, 01:01:45 am »
As most of you know, I have a free online radio station called Air Atlantic Underground Radio. Mostly Shoegaze, Psychedelic, Dream, Bliss, Drone, Ambient, Electronica and the like.

Having just entered its 3rd year on the air, I decided to finally start a website for the station. Actually, it's a blog that I use as a website. It's only been online for a few days now so I'm still stumbling around and there's not a whole lot there yet. It will grow, in time.

Currently, there are a few feature articles that also contain some extra goodies including free downloads; even one that is an Air Atlantic Underground Radio exclusive unreleased demo. (It's not one of those shitty poor quality DIY things either!) Several of you I know will like a couple of them... and I know more than just the couple around here who I usually have common music exchanges with.

All are welcome to come in and download these songs. When you go in, you ought to check out a few of the articles, videos and such.

You are also welcome to share any of the downloads although all I implore you to do is that if you do so, please send others to the website to download them rather than just sending them the MP3s.

Visit the site here:
(Different from the actual station website linked up above.)
Air Atlantic Underground Radio
http://www.airatlanticunderground.com

* Dear Walkie and Rhett: ALL downloads are completely legal and on the up and up, each with complete permission and full appreciation from the artists and/or labels. So, feel free to go to it!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:06:40 am by Jaguar »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »
new Spin mixtape - 19 free tracks
http://www.spin.com/itunes

1. ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead "Weight of the Sun"
         2. Bright Eyes "Shell Games"
         3. Charles Bradley "The World (Is Going Up in Flames)"
         4. Cut Copy "Where I'm Going"
         5. Darwin Deez "Constellations"
         6. David Lowery "Raise 'Em Up on Honey"
         7. Delicate Steve "Butterfly"
         8. Dom "Jesus"
         9. Drive-By Truckers "Used to Be a Cop"
         10. East River Pipe "Cold Ground"
         11. Esben and the Witch "Warpath"
         12. Hayes Carll "KMAG YOYO"
         13. Jessica Lea Mayfield "Our Hearts Are Wrong"
         14. Lia Ices "Daphne"
         15. MNDR "I Go Away"
         16. Smith Westerns "Weekend"
         17. Tame Impala "Solitude Is Bliss"
         18. Telekinesis "Car Crash"
         19. Wye Oak "Civilian"
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2011, 01:45:05 pm »
Amos Val have re-released their latest album as pay-what-you-want @ http://amosval.bandcamp.com/.  it's a very nice piece of post-rock so i know a few on here will appreciate.  it's free if you want, but these guys deserve a few dollars thrown their way IMO.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »
Brazilian shoegaze/indie band Lavalsa's free EP, from my favorite Brazilian netblabel, sinewave.

http://sinewave.com.br/2011/02/lavalsa-lavalsa/

sven

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2011, 09:03:57 am »
an amazing b-side included in röyksopp's first single from their latest album "senior": http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Royksopp/track/Keyboard_Milk

i don't know why a b-side is on the internet for free but the website itself claims to be totally legal.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2011, 10:57:35 am »
rcrdlbl is legit they license the tracks they offer for download
T.Rex

sven

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2011, 12:17:27 pm »
rcrdlbl is legit they license the tracks they offer for download

yes it seems like that but i wonder why they haven't offered the track in a better quality (the one on their website is 160 kbps) not that i am complaining or anything but still  :)

Jaguar

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2011, 03:39:46 pm »
^ Because they want you to buy the one that's of a better quality.

Lots of bands give away free MP3s and usually at mediocre quality hoping to entice you into purchasing their music. It works too.

There are a lot of websites that offer free music that is totally on the up and up with full permission from the owners of the songs. The trick is for the surfer to distinguish which sites are which. It's actually pretty easy once you surf around enough.

sven

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »
^ Because they want you to buy the one that's of a better quality.

Lots of bands give away free MP3s and usually at mediocre quality hoping to entice you into purchasing their music. It works too.

There are a lot of websites that offer free music that is totally on the up and up with full permission from the owners of the songs. The trick is for the surfer to distinguish which sites are which. It's actually pretty easy once you surf around enough.

facing the risk of calling an idiot, i have to admit that i have not thought of that  ;D

well i guess i will buy the track since i liked it a lot. this shows that their ways actually do work  :P

Jaguar

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2011, 11:04:04 pm »
:) :) :)

Some bands will actually give away very high quality MP3s and that too is to promote their music. You will find plenty of those on Bandcamp which allows you to download to whatever size or file type you prefer. I think Bandcamp limits them to 100 freebies but then the band can choose to offer it for one of those you name your price things. You'll find a lot of those on Bandcamp. The trick is finding the music you like as they aren't that great for locating if you just go in via their homepage. Too much weeding through crap. Best is to find a method where bands you tend to like push their wares and link you up to their Bandcamp page. These are often lesser known bands who aren't making much, or anything at all, the traditional ways so sometimes they prefer just to get get their music heard. Many of them do it hoping that you will buy a physical copy, especially when they are trying to defeat the pirate sites.

A lot of newer bands will give entire digital albums away just to get their name out there and develop a name for themselves. Once they start developing a following, then you'll tend to see the entire album freebies go away. All part of their marketing budget, so to speak. Between the major labels not touching them because they aren't Bieber, Kanye or Radiohead, if a label does take them on, they usually lose so much to them, sometimes with no results, so they figure they may as well go directly to the fans.

For bands with a higher name recognition, when they give high quality MP3s away, it's because they want to make sure their music sounds good while hoping that you buy the entire release.

It's all a marketing ploy. And then there are the bands who just don't have enough interest by others and know it so they just give it all away hoping that someone will listen.

walkonby

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2011, 12:58:34 pm »
and some bands want all fans to die like a bunch of cheap ripoff fuckers that they are.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »
and some bands want all fans to die like a bunch of cheap ripoff fuckers that they are.

Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

don't suffer, walkies.
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2011, 02:47:55 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »
I usually dont promote my own music here, but some of you might dig a track or two off of my new (mostly) remix album. Individual songs and a zip with everything are at the link.
http://campaigntrail72.com/blog/2011/03/01/killsaly-class-warrior/

Jaguar

« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2011, 08:09:46 pm »
A few people around here may be interested in this.

New band, Skysaw:

Jimmy Chamberlin, Anthony Pirog, Mike Reina, Boris Skalsky and Paul Wood

*Boris and Paul use to be members of the local band Phaser and Boris still has his band Dead Heart Bloom.

Free MP3 here, or you can just stream it.
http://www.skysawmusic.com

It's pretty straight up Rock & Roll.