Author Topic: Yo La Tengo roll call  (Read 4253 times)

redsand82

Re: Yo La Tengo roll call
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »
That has always been my experience at Sonar. Horrible horrible venue.
I experienced the same at the BT/Thomas Dolby show last December. I don't see the point in paying for a ticket just so one can talk and drink through an entire show when admittance to bars is generally free.

Actually, I've never attended a show in Baltimore where this -didn't- happen. It's not strictly a Sonar phenomenon.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 01:41:00 pm »
unlike where in DC i have actually been shushed BETWEEN bands once.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
Unfortunately, I wasn't there but I'm confused. So what's the difference between the rude audience noise between that at Sonar as oppossed to that at the Black Cat? Other than maybe that those in Baltimore might have had more balls to tell the talkers to shut the fuck up. At least, that's how it's coming off in this thread. But like I said, I wasn't there but have often been totally annoyed by the rudeness of the crowd in many other venues. The one exception has been at The Warehouse Next Door which tends to draw a lot more very serious music fans who seem to know how to behave in public. I don't get out to shows much in Baltimore but from those I've been to, I don't see a whole heck of a lot of difference other than that Baltimore's tends to be just a bit younger over all.

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
maybe DC people are just so grumpy from having the drive all the way up to baltimore for a show, that they are much more easily agitated.  

:)

bearman🐻

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 06:23:00 pm »
Naw...I can handle some banter and audience noise, but the people on Friday were just deliberately rude. When the band has to ask the audience to quiet down, you know that they're loud. Friday's show mirrored the Low show I saw at the Black Cat 2 years ago. So yes Jaguar, maybe it was like experiences you've had there.

meeper_99

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
Anyone have the setlist?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
what's your favorite ongoing battle on this board:

charm city v. chocolate city
 or
 bridge & tunnel v. hardened gentrifiers

it's a tough call for me, but you b'morons are always feisty!
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 11:35:00 pm »
We be bad.     :p

bnyced0

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 11:56:00 pm »
I think it's a B-more thing, at least it's worst there.  Back near the sound board at both 930 and BC it's about the same but only in that pocket.  At Sonar, Fletchers, and Ottobar it's usually pretty talk-y all over( and now seemingly even more smoke-y).  Also seems like a lot more kids (16-20 yr olds)  at B-more shows who tend to drink a lot before they arrive and don't hold it very well. Of course this is speculative based on the shows I've attended which is many, but certainly not definitive. I tend to avoid B-more unless absolutely necessary and that "double bill" on Friday was necessary but at least during YLT was torture to be around that crowd.