Author Topic: 2009-2010 NFL discussion thread  (Read 38606 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
2009-2010 NFL discussion thread
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:45:36 pm »
Hope the show was good because that Buff/NE game was great

the show was great, totally worth missing the game - based on what they've been showing on the highlights, only the last 2 minutes were really spectacular.  i caught the first quarter on the TV and listened to the second quarter on my drive down to the club and it didn't look/sound that amazing.  i'm a big new england fan, so that might have had something to do with it...

first time i've heard of this:

American Indians look to high court
WASHINGTON -- A group of American Indians who find the Washington Redskins name offensive wants the Supreme Court to take up the matter.

The group late Monday asked the justices to review a lower court decision that favored the NFL team on a legal technicality.

The seven Native Americans have been working through the court system since 1992 to have the Redskins trademarks declared invalid. A U.S. Patent and Trademark Office panel ruled in their favor in 1999, but they've since suffered a series of defeats from judges who ruled that the plaintiffs waited too long to bring their suit in the first place.

A lawyer for the group says he'd like to see the court decide once and for all whether the Redskins name defames Native Americans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4474771
<sig>

serpent boy

Re: 2009-2010 NFL discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
As a diehard Bengals fan, I'll forever be haunted by Stokley's fluke catch on Sunday. Ugh.

The Bills and Raiders had tough last minute losses, but at least they weren't Stokleyed.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:26 pm »
because:

(yes, the hamburger network now does sports)
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

(o|o)

BookerT

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 03:53:55 pm »
As a diehard Bengals fan, I'll forever be haunted by Stokley's fluke catch on Sunday. Ugh.

The Bills and Raiders had tough last minute losses, but at least they weren't Stokleyed.

yeah the bills and raiders just choked and/or were stupid at the end. the bengals finally put together a great drive to take the lead and then got stokleyed. i'm on the bengals bandwagon this year because i thought this was the best "hard knocks" yet, so that was rough.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 03:26:55 am »
I dunno what Id do if they changed the name. It would probably be something as lame as the Capitals, or the Nationals. Why can't we get something badass? Seriously? The front running names for the Nats were 'The Washington Monuments' and 'The Washington Greys'. What the hell.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 06:21:38 am »
I always assumed if they had to change the name, they'd change it to the Washington Skins, since most fans truncate it to that anyway.

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:28 am »
I do not like the Patriots.

imbecile

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 08:29:33 am »
I dunno what Id do if they changed the name. It would probably be something as lame as the Capitals, or the Nationals. Why can't we get something badass? Seriously? The front running names for the Nats were 'The Washington Monuments' and 'The Washington Greys'. What the hell.

I think the only name that would remotely keep people from going absolutely crazy, would be to right one of the great wrongs and give DC back the Bullets!

You're more than likely correct though, it'd be a pretty crap-tastic patriotic/political name of some-kind.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:55 am »
i'd say the skins are more likely to win in the courtroom than the playoffs
o/\o

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 02:55:48 pm »
they don't need to change the name, they just need to change the logo:

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »
they don't need to change the name, they just need to change the logo:

POTW
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
did anybody catch the interview on stern with michael strahan.  funny antics he revealed that went on in the locker room with players while he was on the giants.  such as peeing on each other in the shower, taking pictures of their balls and putting it on other players cell phones screensavers, how one time the center (during a game) cut a hole in his uniform so his balls would hang out and eli manning would touch them with each snap.  what is going on with these manly men football payers.  fun stuff!!   :o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:05:11 pm »
how one time the center (during a game) cut a hole in his uniform so his balls would hang out and eli manning would touch them with each snap. 

you just made me spit red wine all over my keyboard.  thanks, bitch :D

didn't realize football players, or NY giants at least, were so testicularly focused...
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:54:54 am »
Anybody hear about the TV ratings for the first week of NFL games?  The sunday game between the Giants and Redskins was the most watched regular season game EVER.

I'm actually reeling over this news.  I'd kind of thought that the NFL had reach maximum market saturation....so personally this comes as not really good news to me.  This will stoke the fires even more to penetrate other markets, with horrible ideas like moving some regular season games to London etc.  Shit they are talking about having a fucking team in Europe in the next 10 years.  Ughh.