Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3245190 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7590 on: October 28, 2016, 12:43:16 pm »
I have officially, quit drinking beer forever. So I will be giving away everything that I own.

I've given up liquor, for no apparent reason.  Perhaps we should trade our respective stashes.
If it makes you better physically/mentally/spiritually, I will take whatever you want to give away.
LVMH

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7591 on: October 28, 2016, 03:23:06 pm »
sorry, gentlemen . . . but I will be giving what I have, away as Christmas gifts to friends.

the 120 minutes that I have been storing, will make me cry.

« Reply #7592 on: October 28, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »
sorry, gentlemen . . . but I will be giving what I have, away as Christmas gifts to friends.

the 120 minutes that I have been storing, will make me cry.
so are you telling me we are not friends

weep, weep

(but honestly a good idea)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7593 on: October 28, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »
more info on the ocelot halloween thing:

're getting excited for tomorrow! How about you?
Quick notes:
Growler fills and bottles will be available until 4pm, as well as our full tap list. Basic Burger will be here early to serve food.

Party starts 5pm, the tap list pictured will be available in Half and Full pours ONLY. Please note that not all guest taps will be available at 5pm, they will be rotated in when a line becomes available
RESQ BBQ Catering will have BBQ available from 5pm
Jackie and The Treehorns will start music between 7-8
See you tomorrow

hutch

« Reply #7594 on: October 28, 2016, 05:31:20 pm »
I have officially, quit drinking beer forever. So I will be giving away everything that I own.

huh? You were just buying beer and storing it in the yard??? what happened?

no need to make hasty decision you might regret... give it a month...

you do realize you're looking at a sober thanksgiving, right??

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7595 on: October 28, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »
Thnaksgiving is for wine.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7596 on: October 28, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »
i have to give up all alcohol, period.  not because i want to, or because i have a problem . . . but because i have to.  my doctor is putting his foot down.  i bought all that beer because i was going to store it for years, in thought that i could drink 1 or 2 here and there, in the future.

and now, i will use the bitterness of this, forever, to fucking make a point in sub,reality with my fictional novel writings.  one way to motivate someone to finally get the fucking job done and to get their fucking act together, is to fucking take away all their vices and watch them use it to their fucking advantage.

the, fucking, end.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:09:02 pm by walkie,talkie »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7597 on: October 28, 2016, 08:50:14 pm »
that sounded, very, very angry . . . and I'm sorry.  it just really hit me hard, not that I cannot drink alcohol for the rest of my life, or even smoke pot if I ever wanted to, but rather that now, I have something or someone controlling me; making my decisions for me, without a care or a whim if I have an opinion about said control.

I know, it is the best for me; I just needed to vent that out there into the ethos . . . and indeed, it felt good to do it.

the end, again.

hutch

« Reply #7598 on: October 28, 2016, 09:13:42 pm »
well i wish you all the best healthwise..

oh well...more money for everything else.. Its amazing how much money I would save if I did not drink.. I'd probably own a Ferrari or something...

anyone else notice how they keep up jacking up beer prices???

I blame InBev... those foreign fucks..

i have a love hate relationship with alcohol.. i like to drink but its very fattening and costs a lot of money....

i've made some stabs at giving it up alltogether but non has stuck more than a few months.... i doubt i could ever give up wine with meat for example.. or beer with wings...or even beer with rock shows....they just go together for me... and my life ain't that great so beer ain't exactly a huge problem....

wml7

« Reply #7599 on: October 29, 2016, 11:19:16 am »
At Hardywood waiting for release of Trickery and Cassowary.  Come say if anyone else is here, I'm the person waiting in the long ass line.
 ;D

Space Freely

« Reply #7600 on: October 29, 2016, 09:25:06 pm »
I had that Veil - Lord Shredder last night. (Veil stuff is finally hitting some taps at restaurants in town.) That is a fantastic beer.

Good Lord, you were so right.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7601 on: October 30, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »
I had that Veil - Lord Shredder last night. (Veil stuff is finally hitting some taps at restaurants in town.) That is a fantastic beer.

Good Lord, you were so right.
I know, right?! Next time I see on their FB they are canning that I'll actually go up and buy a 4-pack or two.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7603 on: November 01, 2016, 08:39:09 am »
We had a large bomber of Victory Wild Devil last night for Halloween. It was very good though perhaps not great. Basically Hop Devil with brett added. It was also 2.5 years old. I purchased it on clearance at Tenuta's in Kenosha this summer for $3.99 for 26 oz bottle. I wish I had bought a case of it at that price. Oh well.

Space Freely